http://users.tpg.com...W_UTF8_V1_0.htm

#22 acf321

acf321

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 747 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 08:18 PM

Ok...

Just received my answer to "what r-type 8 spoke Watanabe can fit on a standard bodied S30?"

Here is the answer word for word, FWIW, its the same answer as that given by Alan-T (the Oracle!).
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for your inquiry RS-WATANABE wheel.

I usually recommend for 240Z with stock body with following size of wheel.

R-type - 16x8 all around with tire size 205/55 for front 225/50 for rear.  the price is starting from $650- depend on finish.
The car required for fitting with this size of wheels lowered the car, adjust comber, with strached tires.

if you want 15inc just same offset 15x8 0 offset. just use tire205/60 or 55

I guess the car which you sent me (the orange car on this thread with silver Wats), has 16x8 0 offset for front and rear looking like 16x8.5 -6 offset. seams like the back wheel has little longer lip than front one. But we can not know what the car done, so if they work something for rear end then makes different offset we have no idea if with this size with your car.

for safe size 16x8 0 offset all round, if you can work little bit for body you can do 16x8 0 offset and 16x8.5 -6 offset for rear, if you take 15x8 and 15x8.5 you might use with stracked tires then fit with easier than 16 inch wheels.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

In summary, there are several options, however if you go large, you might need to alter your body work, especially at the front valance and qtr panels to ensure the tyres do not scrub. Alan suggested he has seen many cars in Japan with rolled or altered fronts in some fashion to ensure these larger wheels fit.

For what its worth, I think the best bet is 15*8 at front and 15*8.5 at rear, OR *7.5 and *8 F/R respectively. At the end of the day, you can get some very sticky tyres for the narrower ones that ensure no rubbing..

Anyway, nuff from me on this one !

Cheers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users