Scoota G

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,213 posts
  • Tagline:Mark

Posted 06 November 2009 - 12:09 PM

Does the car have Thermo Fans?

The reason i asked about the Thermo Fans is i changed back to a single and took out the relay. Where i had tapped into the fuse block was ignition on. When i switched the ignition off the fan kept spinning as it slowed and it produces eletricity when diong so. It was pumping it back into the ignition keeping the car running after the ignition was off for a few seconds until the fan slowed enough to stop producing power.

#22 aegean

aegean

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 07 November 2009 - 12:52 AM

I think the "carbon in the cylinder hypothisys is correct".

Great advise from all, I am very appreciative but it looks like I will pull the head off and give it a clean up......gives me something to do at least.

Just be aware that if you pull the head and clean everything up, you will likely have more compression. If the rest of the motor is not in top condition, the increased compression may cause some further problems, such as blowing smoke because the oil rings are worn. I'm not saying it will happen, but it is something to be aware of if all of a sudden it starts blowing smoke when it never used to. If you can find another way to decoke the head without removing it, it might be better - it won't be as good, but then, it might be enough to get rid of the run on problem. Have a look at water injection for cleaning the head.

http://www.hotrodder...kride/tech.html

#23 Timwell

Timwell

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 07 November 2009 - 04:28 PM

agean....your not trying to use my engine as a gunie pig are you? I read this can cause severe engine damage....ha ha

Ill give it a go in the lab and get back to you all:-)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users