Sign in to follow this  
reverendzed

Rev's Zed for Sale

Model: 1976 260 2+2

Item Condition: Excellent

Body: Has some small (20c) sized dints from vandals

Mechanical: New motor/mikunis/manual conversion (over 7,000 spent)

Extra Info: For any of the guys that have tracked the progress of this car they know that it has been done right!

I am the second owner of this 260 and I have spent an extensive amount of time getting it to where it is.  It has had a rebuilt L28 which was hot tanked, new pistons,fully recon head and port matched and this has been coupled with recon triple Mikuni carbs on the latest imported manifold with the strong linkages.  it has been converted to a 5 speed manual with a 280ZX box and new clutch slave & master, New brake Master cylinder, new heavy duty alternator, converted to electronic ignition, recored radiator and other goodies I can't remember!

It has 16" Sportsmax wheels running 245 on the rear and 225 on the front with 90% rubber all around, lowered on King springs, ZG flares, non fluted 240z bonnet, nolethane bushing kit, 3.9 ration diff and quite a few of the rubbers have been replaced.  The bum has been modified to go with the bumperless look and looks great.

The interior is pristine with perfect dash and console, perfect seats, carpet and some aftermarket mods such as console, speaker box and tool box.

Really the only thing still to be done is minor dent repair (you can only see it if the light is shining down the vehicle)

Price: with Reg and RWC $12,000

Contact Details: Contact Rev on revzed (at) gmail.com or 0 four 0 nine 6 two 0 four 4 three

post-646-144023531755_thumb.jpg

post-646-144023531763_thumb.jpg

post-646-14402353177_thumb.jpg

post-646-144023531777_thumb.jpg

Hi simon ...I knew that question would come!  with kids growing up I would like to buy a 2 seater...I'm still not sure I can bring myself to part with it...but it's the only way I'm going to afford anything else.  I built it as a 'keeper' so someone will get a bargain!

Rev

what the heck? Come on Rev! this car was built for you and only you! its so damn nice and personalised.. i cant see how you could part with it.

2 seaters are for panzies anyway! ;)

2 seaters are for panzies anyway! ;)

;D ;D ;D

hey rev didnt u have two other 2+2 u were rebuilding? wasnt there one u recently got (silver one) and the other one u were working for your son (white one) ?

the price is too cheap i think.

Guys,

If anyone is looking for a VERY good Zed, this is the car to buy.

I can personally vouch for it - as I'm sure Daniel Moore can.

It's very underpriced for what it is.

FWIW, Dave has a very good reason for selling.

Where are all the guys on here that want a Z?  ???

I think those that have seen this car in the flesh would agree that it's a very underpriced Z and it looks even better in person.

It's actually at that price that I'd consider buying it, however, that would probably mean that my Z would never get finished  ;)

Hope you end up with the Z you want Rev!

Wow Rev will be sad to see that car go. Someone will be getting a bargain. To all you talkers out there. You have no excuse for not buying this car. You would have to spend 25K to get one this good if you were planning on doing up one. So save your time and bucks and get one that was built with lots of TLC.

Good luck with the sale Rev I hope the 240 isn't far away. Anyone would think you had to much time on your hands.

Regards

Hey Johnny...yep almost got the second Zed finished and that will be up for sale shortly...it is looking fantastic...pics to come.   The other one I was working on has gone to a mate to try and get him started in the world of Zeds.  By the way I thought I would put it out there that I may take a trade in of another Zed as part payment...so that I can bring another one to life!

Rev.

P.S Thanks also to the guys who have commented how nice the 'RevZed' is, I appreciate...it pumps up your tyres to know that others appreciate your work!

wow, sureal.. Even now my 240z is 95% Finished i still find times where i miss the extra space and Different look of my forst car, My 260z 2+2 Very Strange Dave But good luck mate,

Rev ,,, its worth more than $12k mate ... its beautiful.

Someone told me today there is a 260Z for sale in Sydney at Lee's asking $48,000.....

good luck with it all.

Adam

/Thread Hijack.

It really fustrates me - people come onto this forum and post "I'm looking to buy a Zed", yet when one a good one like Rev. Dave's Zed falls into people's laps, all that can be heard is 'chrickts chirping'.

Lurch, reason is everyone wants a fully restored zed with "drive away with no more to pay" for a couple of thousand. Like a R31 Skyline I sold on ebay, with reg and RWC struggling to get a bid at $2400...I know it's just a Skyline but a scarce 5 speed with new 17" wheels and tyres, you'd think people would've bashed my door down to get it. In the end I got screwed over anyway so i lost more  >:(

/Thread Hijack.

It really fustrates me - people come onto this forum and post "I'm looking to buy a Zed", yet when one a good one like Rev. Dave's Zed falls into people's laps, all that can be heard is 'chrickts chirping'.

chirp... chirp...

That is a beautiful car and I am desperately trying to imagine from where I could conjour $12k.  A sleepless night awaits me.

y dont you keep your nicely built engine and carbs for the future 2 seater? :D

i couldn't notice the small dents you were talking about when i last saw the car, but then again i wasn't really looking for them. here's a pic i took at the last meet

post-83-144023531904_thumb.jpg

Dave & I discussed that very engine option today Evan ;)

Might sprook someone along with an suitable offer...?

I guess the reality is Lurch that there is a lot of talkers and not a lot of serious doers out there. At the end of the day everyone holds of trying to get a car for next to nothing. And then as soon as it is sold for a bargain all the talkers say "Oh I would have paid more than that for it. Damn I missed out". Human nature to sit on the side and watch until the opportunity has passed.

For those looking life is what you make it. If you want something to happen you have to act! There endith the lesson for today. Ha Ha

Rev ,,, its worth more than $12k mate ... its beautiful.

Someone told me today there is a 260Z for sale in Sydney at Lee's asking $48,000.....

good luck with it all.

Adam

Yeah thats the Red one.

And also lurch is right. Even though ive got one, such an example like this for such a good price tempts me, especially when its a well known special Zed!

I hear what everyone is saying...I think it's at a salable price however I guess the market will ultimately determine the Value!  Us 'enthusiasts' know and understand the 'real time' value of these vehicles however my guess is that our appreciation is not always going to translate to the buyers market...so with that in mind I'll just let it remain for sale for a couple of weeks before I consider any other advertising.  I will also offer a motor and carb 'out' price of $8,500 which may suit someone wanting to go the RB route or someone who already has their own motor.

Rev.

I hear what everyone is saying...I think it's at a salable price however I guess the market will ultimately determine the Value!  Us 'enthusiasts' know and understand the 'real time' value of these vehicles however my guess is that our appreciation is not always going to translate to the buyers market...so with that in mind I'll just let it remain for sale for a couple of weeks before I consider any other advertising.  I will also offer a motor and carb 'out' price of $8,500 which may suit someone wanting to go the RB route or someone who already has their own motor.

Rev.

Sounds like me. But I need to get a lot more info regarding getting RB engine registered. So That might take a while, as I can't be bothered dealing with another major mistake. If all is well, I'll come have a serious look at this car.

I have posted this Video of the car that was taken today which shows the interior in more detail together with a walk around and drive!