Sydney Sunday Drive - 9am 9th Aug

George

Hell yeah we're cruising like old grandmas on a Sunday morning. Meeting at Denos Diner on Princes Hgwy in Tempe at 9am sharp. Taking off at 9:30 for a Natio run. See map.

Weather report is fine for Sunday, a sunny and pleasant 19 degrees. We can pull up in the Park and have a chat for a while and head back the same way or get on to Princes Hgwy for an easier drive home. The roads are not the best at the National Park but they are fun.

Reply if you can make it so we do not leave before you get there.

http://maps.google.com.au/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=Princes+Hwy&daddr=Sir+Bertram+Stevens+Dr+to:-34.141887,150.99555&hl=en&geocode=FX1U-v0da4ICCQ%3BFX2a9v0dMtgACQ%3B&mra=mi&mrcr=1&mrsp=2&sz=13&sll=-34.145056,151.044159&sspn=0.082969,0.181789&ie=UTF8&ll=-34.046401,151.101837&spn=0.332263,0.727158&z=11

George,

You may want to check with the National Park people and see what the road is like as I was through there a few weeks ago and they were doing a lot of road works ie extensive dirt sections along the top before you get to the Bundeena turn off.  As you probably know you could always go into the park from Waterfall and it is a bit smoother from there to Stanwell.

Geoff

Good to hear Ian. If no one was going to come me and Pauly were going to meet up at 6 for a sunrise run through the Natio. I'd hate to impose that time for others so leave it at a more civil 9am. At some stage in the coming couple of months I will organise a Sunday sunrise cruise. Nothing like it. :)

Bit of bad luck for me, the car is not in a drivable state. Pauly came over and we checked the radiator hose which was fine on second inspection. Now I wish it was the hose as the problem has moved from a simple hose to the radiator. The last column of fins has been squashed over time which has sprung a leak near the bottom. The radiator is dead. I'm going to rip it out later today and start hunting for a new one which has been on my list anyway.

This means no car for me tomorrow but I will still be there in my brothers car and I'll hop in with one of you. I can now at least take a couple of my cameras and get some good shots of the drive.

See you all tomorrow morning.