Want l28 or l28e

nedloh312

Hi all,

I am in dire need of a new engine, I would prefer something that already has some work to it but i need it asap so will buy the first decent engine that comes along (considering it's a reasonable price) lolz

Please stay on topic  unlike other times i ask for help about the car in relation to it's previous owner. It's not wanted nor is it needed

I need a car? I will be keeping my current one and rebuilding it but i need something to get around in, we don't have public transport where i live and im 20 min drive from work (Highway drive)

I don't know what's wrong but it's dead. We are trying to figure out what happened but it's screwed (No it wasn't my fault :P)

And I don't really have a price range, i don't know what they are worth.... :(

Dude you need to do some trouble shooting first. Im sure the engines integrity is fine, sounds like something has come loose, or debris of some sort is in the works. Just need to get someone to look at it.

What a shit thing to happen i know.

• 3 weeks later...

I know you arn't in QLD but for a price example I just sold my L28 that was running in my car for $400. Just the long motor, no gearbox, carbs, manifolds, starter, pulleys etc. They seem to be rare up here too when you actually want one. ::)

Have one, rebuilt with dyno sheets, out of a 260 coupe, it has extractors, cam, flat top pistons etc, complete with loom and ecu. ( fuel injected) Strong motor.

On 15x 8 rims stock gearbox, r200 4.1 lsd with semi slicks was doing 63 seconds at Qld Raceway Clubman circuit.

$1000

Can crate it up and truck to you at your cost, or, take a trip to Brisbane with your box trailer, I can crate and load for you.

jason

0403071294 or pm me

Well, it's been worked a bit and i don't want anything that's been worked so i would classify it as a 'racey engine' in my stupidity :)

But seriously, i don't want anything that is too powerful... An L28 stock has more than enough power for me :) Don't wanna be dying anytime soon...

Nah not really a racey one, just warmed over a bit.

The ones I use in the race car are a little more developed!!

This ones just a spare out of a road car that I used to own.

Guy bought it, and did a rb25 conversion ( silly guy!!) and sold me the L28 complete

If only I could work out how to post pics real easy without using some imagehost site, I can put pics up of the car.

Guy now wants to sell it, along with a 1968 Fairlady Z with a L20A motor ( it cant be called a 240Z!!)

I am in dire need of a new engine, I would prefer something that already has some work to it but i need it asap so will buy the first decent engine that comes along (considering it's a reasonable price) lolz

Well, it's been worked a bit and i don't want anything that's been worked so i would classify it as a 'racey engine' in my stupidity :)

But seriously, i don't want anything that is too powerful... An L28 stock has more than enough power for me :) Don't wanna be dying anytime soon...

I need a car? I will be keeping my current one and rebuilding it but i need something to get around in, we don't have public transport where i live and im 20 min drive from work (Highway drive)

I know, i think that's the best thing to do...

It's an l24... :(

Aside from the fact that I'm highly confused about what you are actually looking for, if you are planning to rebuild the original engine from the car, and have a warm? L24 which you've as far as I understand already bought, why the hell not put the L24 in so that you can use the car, and get your old engine apart for reco?  A warmed up L24 should have plenty of grunt for getting you around while you rebuild your original L28.....

I no longer own the L24... I don't think i can afford to spend 1k on an engine either. I will be rebuilding the engine but not anytime soon, only when i can afford it...

I also have the ability to borrow a car until i fix mine

Maybe make another topic....

haha, yeah guys, keep it on topic... it will take everyone's combined concentration to find an l28 thats had some work done to it BUT is not too powerful... but more than an l24.

sorry dude, i don't mean to be too picky, but you do seem to be a bit all over the place, if a stock l28 has 'more than enough power' for you, you really would be best picking up a cheap l24E from an R30 and putting it in. Then you can wait for a cheap l28 to come up, or rebuild your old one, or just decide your happy with the l24. You also have the option of going FI for kicks, or keeping the carbs

If you're using it just for commuting, you really won't find much of a difference between the two