57 replies to this topic

#41 Sooley

Sooley

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 03 February 2007 - 03:05 PM

Hey Sulio, personally I love both spoilers and they are by far the best choice for a Zcar when it comes to the larger airdamn's.

Out of the two I prefer the non ducted/fluted, the main reason is I believe it flows with the lines of the Zcar better. As to which one performs better I have no idea.

I have had the big airdamn spoiler on a Z before and have to say I like the way the Zcar looks without any spoiler, but at the same time I understand it helps with the front end at speed.

I personally like the look of the Gnose (Authentic not fibreglass copy) or the BRE style spook as in the attached picture.

GET OFF THE CAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#42 Toecutter

Toecutter

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,272 posts

Posted 03 February 2007 - 04:47 PM

Had the same problem RUSSJZ-ZED had with flex, will do the same as you have, it's been a while but thanx for the pics mate! I reckon it looks pretty cool letting the aluminium plate stick out abit like 240hoke style Z, see below!

Posted Image

Sooley, sorry but not sure what you mean???

My guess is your not a fan of having a front spoiler on a Z???

Cheers
Sulio[/img]

#43 ZD44TT

ZD44TT

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 499 posts

Posted 03 February 2007 - 11:43 PM

vented for the more aggressive look.......

ordered mine from allzparts.........should be here mid feb.

#44 tattoo_ink

tattoo_ink

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 04 February 2007 - 02:19 AM

i took it as he was talking about the lazy chicky layin all over the green z. lol! she should be chased off with a big stick ! :twisted:

Sooley, sorry but not sure what you mean???

My guess is your not a fan of having a front spoiler on a Z?

#45 Toecutter

Toecutter

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,272 posts

Posted 04 February 2007 - 08:44 AM

ah yer silly me I did'nt check page 2, hehe!

#46 RUSSJZ-ZED

RUSSJZ-ZED

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 04 February 2007 - 01:06 PM

[quote, see letting the aluminium plate stick out below!I reckon it looks pretty cool) ??
I reinforced mine underneath the flat bottom part of radiator inlet, not on the road edge bottom, though it might be an idea to get a bit of strength along that bottom edge as well, noticed mine has bowed in in the centre(though this could be Sydney gutters constantly making contact there)
Anyone thinking of installing a Zenon, they do need bracing, if you have seen how Jeremy Clarksons face wobbles when he is an screenless car at speed, that will give you an idea as to how an unreinforced Zenon looks.

#47 Toecutter

Toecutter

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,272 posts

Posted 18 February 2007 - 11:01 AM

Ah yes I can see where you have braced it. I certainly don't want it to bend in the middle so the plan is to brace both upper and lower section. The only reason I have'nt done it yet is I'm till debating whether to paint it red as is the car or go to gloss black!? I've been leaning to the red for some time now!
I've tried both colours to date.
Posted Image
Posted Image
?????

#48 RUSSJZ-ZED

RUSSJZ-ZED

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 18 February 2007 - 03:56 PM

looks better unpainted natural black, even when plastic primed, will show cracked paint from impacts, I also put a small brace in the centre to the grill lower mount, used alloy, have to redo it with something stronger as gutter scuffs in the centre have deflected it down and popped a rivet,
Probably don't need any strengthening on the lower edge, needs to flex somewhere.
I thought mine had pushed back on the lower edge centre, but on closer inspection defecton is slight, been on for over a year.
your pic' of the two cars together really highlights what a sad looking item they are "unmolested"The one that has been "vandalised" looks great. :twisted:

Attached Thumbnails

• 802_.jpg
  • 801_.jpg

#49 ZD44TT

ZD44TT

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 499 posts

Posted 18 February 2007 - 09:20 PM

Ah yes I can see where you have braced it. I certainly don't want it to bend in the middle so the plan is to brace both upper and lower section. The only reason I have'nt done it yet is I'm till debating whether to paint it red as is the car or go to gloss black!? I've been leaning to the red for some time now!
I've tried both colours to date.
Posted Image
Posted Image
?????

Hotto!!! :lol:

#50 thehelix112

thehelix112

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 19 February 2007 - 01:47 AM

Looks much better red IMHO.

Dave

#51 Sooley

Sooley

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 20 February 2007 - 10:06 PM

Yeah, you know how easy the gaurds are to dent, with some chick leaning all over it it won't take long to dent those gaurds

Sooley :lol: :lol: :lol:

#52 dave_hl

dave_hl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 22 February 2007 - 02:40 PM

I posted some pics of my repair work on my front fiberglass bumper some time ago, but i did a pretty crappy job as i used a bad filler which just crumbled away the first time i just touched a speed hump, and i also had evans smaller rolling diameter wheels on my car, hence making it lower and hence almost ripping the front of my car off going over a speed hump i didn't see.

Anyway, I dont have a picture on me of the damage but i thoguht id get round to fixing it, its fairly split... the bumper is almost in 2 pieces!

What Bog/filler/body stuff should i get to fill all the cracks and imperfections once i have actaully attached the spoiler back together with structural fiberglassing on the back of it? I have done glassing before, so i should be right there, but ive never used Bog, or whatever other panel beating materials i will need.

Cheeeeers

#53 dave_hl

dave_hl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 23 March 2007 - 06:51 PM

Well I fixed my bumper 2 weeks ago and thought id post a pic. I didn't take a before shot of the damage, I think evan, you saw it at its worst. Im pretty happy with how it came out, could use some more paint in order to get a really smooth finish and buff it really shiny, and beacuse the damage was so bad the entire bumper isn't quite straight and the curvuture is a bit off in several places.
I also fixed a small rust patch in the corner of the taillight, fixed it all up and painted it, tried to merge it will the old paint but failed fairly hard. The colours dont seem to match quite as they should (got it custom matched to my spoiler though) and it physically didn't merge with the old paint, theres an obvious line where they meet. I was told by the guy i bought the paint off to put just thinner in the gun and do a couple of quick light sprays where they join, but i stupidly ignored him.
Is this fixable? or would it best to sand the paint back and start again from primer stage.

(Please exuse the crapness of my camera phone, im still hanging out to get my mju770 :P )

Attached Thumbnails

• 863_.jpg

#54 Toecutter

Toecutter

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,272 posts

Posted 23 March 2007 - 08:13 PM

looks fine to me, cant see that its out

#55 eddii

eddii

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 28 March 2007 - 10:59 PM

Hi Nate. I think they might. Warren from AllZparts called me after reading my wanted add on Ozdat. I paid $375.00 inc shippng. He told me he was going to send me an e-mail with quite a few other bits and pieces like a six piece fibre glass g-nose he has. Anyway don't buy anything yet lets see if he can do a special deal for members here. I'll post any details I get from him as well as any special offers I might be able to arrange for us!

Cheers
Sulio

Hi Sulio,
Im interested in getting a front spoiler like yours. just wondering how did you go in getting a special deal for the members.

Cheers
eddii

#56 Toecutter

Toecutter

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,272 posts

Posted 28 March 2007 - 11:05 PM

i spoke to Warren about special pricing for members and was awaiting further e-mail with details on other parts he had like 5 piece g-nose. did'nt get any further e-mail and left it at that.

#57 Toecutter

Toecutter

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,272 posts

Posted 05 April 2007 - 04:52 PM

I used the existing holes in the grill support barcket.

Attached Thumbnails

• 882_.jpg
  • 881_.jpg

#58 Add

Add

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 17 June 2007 - 09:51 PM

Hiya, sorry to revive an old thread. I got a phone number for a guy Shane to buy a front spoiler from, gave a few calls on different days and no response.  :( Just wonering if he was a member here and if so whats his user name so I could PM him.

Thanks
Add

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users