57 replies to this topic

#21 Toecutter

Toecutter

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,272 posts

Posted 22 June 2006 - 06:10 PM

I bought this one today from Allzparts Sydney. Hopefully I see it tommorrow worst case Monday. Its plastic not fibre glass so it has a bit of give. I decided on the vented one.

Posted Image

Sulio

#22 zedevan

zedevan

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 22 June 2006 - 11:52 PM

yeah if my car was any lower (hopefully it will be pretty soon) the plastic would come in handy, but my spoiler isn't perfect so dont really care to much ;) are you going to paint it or just leave it the plastic is it? i guess it needs painting so its gloss to match the rest?

#23 Toecutter

Toecutter

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,272 posts

Posted 23 June 2006 - 08:22 AM

Yer I'll paint it black to match the flares and fin.

#24 Natez

Natez

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 23 June 2006 - 08:38 AM

do they have the non vented..... how much for postage

#25 Toecutter

Toecutter

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,272 posts

Posted 23 June 2006 - 05:17 PM

Hi Nate. I think they might. Warren from AllZparts called me after reading my wanted add on Ozdat. I paid $375.00 inc shippng. He told me he was going to send me an e-mail with quite a few other bits and pieces like a six piece fibre glass g-nose he has. Anyway don't buy anything yet lets see if he can do a special deal for members here. I'll post any details I get from him as well as any special offers I might be able to arrange for us!

Cheers
Sulio

#26 Natez

Natez

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 24 June 2006 - 03:41 AM

no worries, just keep us posted

#27 Toecutter

Toecutter

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,272 posts

Posted 26 June 2006 - 08:31 PM

Installed the urathane front spoiler today. Amazing how forgiving it is! You can twist it or push it right in and it still jumps back into shape. I definatley think it's worth spending a few bux more and having this sort of peice of mind! It came as in the pic above. Not sure wether to paint it matt black or gloss like the flares and fin? I know 2 pak has a bit of flex but how much!?

Hmmm...will post pics soon!

Sulio

#28 Toecutter

Toecutter

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,272 posts

Posted 08 July 2006 - 06:07 PM

pics

Attached Thumbnails

• 466_.jpg
  • 464_.jpg
  • 465_.jpg

#29 Azon

Azon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 08 July 2006 - 07:22 PM

That looks really nice Sulio! Great spoiler car - becoming better and better!
The only thing that I dont really like a bout it - is the difference in color between the spiler and flairs, but thats just me being picky i guess :D

#30 zedevan

zedevan

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 08 July 2006 - 07:40 PM

it looks nice, but i also liked your old one, all three of those styles are nice front spoilers! it changes the look of the car quite a bit...take the verticle bits off the bumpers 8)

i like the gloss black flares on your car, i have no idea if i want mine gloss or matt, i think whatever this roll on paint ends up being!

#31 NZeder

NZeder

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,291 posts

Posted 08 July 2006 - 08:28 PM

love the new look Sulio

#32 Toecutter

Toecutter

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,272 posts

Posted 09 July 2006 - 04:36 PM

Thanks Mike. Blue leaf I just used a pressure pack to spray it as I was eager to mount it so yer might still go gloss not sure as I reckon the satin colour does give it an aggressive edge.
Evan, I don't mind the over riders but when I get the front bar rechromed i'll get rid of em.

Sulio

#33 yelloz

yelloz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 15 August 2006 - 01:35 PM

Xenon spoiler if anyone's interested. Not real good on the cut & paste bit so here's the whole link.

http://cgi.ebay.com/...1QQcmdZViewItem

Rick.

#34 RUSSJZ-ZED

RUSSJZ-ZED

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 09 September 2006 - 03:17 PM

Fixing a Zenon urethane/poly/plastic front dam, People on hybridZ have experienced problems with these ,mainly the urethane/poly/plastic distorts at high speed.
I bought one of Warren at Z spares a while back ,mainly because I think it looks the pick of aftermarket dams,blends in with the line of the guards,and the urethane would last longer on Sydney roads/lanes etc. Fibreglass would die in a day.
:idea: Knowing about the flexing problem before I started I decided to mount it so it would have the strength to survive gutters, but also not wobble about at speed, This is what I did.
The old front corner panels that are not supposed to be used, I used, got the angle grinder to them and cut them off about an inch below the securing bolt holes, across the top of the park/indicater light holes.
I mounted the Zenon with the remaining strip of the corner panel behind it ,makes it more secure than just bolts and washers.better clamping(I didn't get pic's of this ,sorry)
Across the center flat piece, I cut a piece of 75mm x 2mm aluminium, curved the ends so it fitted snug on the underside of the flat center poly,(pic's) roughed it up with the grinder. in the center I attached a "tag" that bolts to the center grill mount, buttered up the aluminium with silicone(lots) , pushed it into place, with pieces of 3x1 underneath, long piece on the top, used clamps, 3 or 4 of them(as many as you can fit) to squeeze the alluminium/silicone onto the polyurethane, left it for the weekend(best left as long as possible) removed clamps and 3X1,
Result is ,strong as, does not flex, has enough "give" on the bottom lip to grind away, and survive the dips, speedbumps,and gutters of Sydney .town. :D

Attached Thumbnails

• 560_.jpg

#35 dave_hl

dave_hl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 09 September 2006 - 04:46 PM

Yeah i have a fiberglass front spoiler, i like the idea of the slightly flexing type ones, but my glass one can take a bit of knockin and i like the look of it. Not that id know! ive driven the dam thing for only 2 weeks!!!!
Anyway when i bought the car it had 4 small but major cracks in the front spoiler so ive got round to fixing them. basically i re-glassed 2 or 3 of them from behind coz it was cracked right through and flimsy and then used filler and sanded on the front of all of them. and also fixed up a tiny bit of chipped/crappy paint that the filler/primer paint wasn't gonna fill in. ive filled and sanded little bits trying to make it as good as i can 3 times now, at least its easy as to whip up some filler and apply, i think im nearly happy enough to start applying coats of primer. heres a couple of pics i took an hour ago:

Attached Thumbnails

• 565_.jpg
  • 563_.jpg

#36 NZeder

NZeder

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,291 posts

Posted 09 September 2006 - 07:18 PM

Dave_hl have you thought about some of those aftermarket reversing sensors? ie mount to the front so when you are parking you don't hit the front air dam on the curb/wall etc. I am thinking I will do this to my ZG nose on my car (once I custom make a spoiler to go on the lower section)

#37 dave_hl

dave_hl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 10 September 2006 - 10:57 AM

yeah i thought about them, not very seriously though, not sure of prices or anything but i imagine you could get cheapo ones off eBay or something. I also dont want crappy looking sensors on my front bumper but then again i guess you could hide them prety well. my fog lights/indicators etc are down there so i may be able to tuck them in beside them. something to consider when i can be bothered though. well more after ive got the car on the road then bothered.

#38 dave_hl

dave_hl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 23 September 2006 - 05:50 PM

well i finished priming the front and then painted it yesterday with some custom paint the car came with. you can tell where the massive cracks were but only tell if your looking for them. and the paint matched reallllly quite well... looks a little fresher then the older paint on the front spoiler but blended pretty good otherwise so im happy with how it looks.
i took a pic just before... dam phone camera sucks so its even harder to tell where the cracks were, but here it is anyway...

Attached Thumbnails

• 589_.jpg

#39 zedevan

zedevan

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 23 September 2006 - 06:12 PM

looks nice, just avoid wrecking it! i'm glad i never bothered fixing mine as i've cracked it once on each side, and keep parking in car parks and forgetting that my car sits lower now. luckily i haven't been reminded by loud cracking noises yet! just keep walking back to my car and noticing it and thinking "dam that was lucky" hehe

#40 Toecutter

Toecutter

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,272 posts

Posted 23 September 2006 - 09:05 PM

Good work. I'm hangin for the day I've finished all the house reno's and I can think about getting another old Z to learn to do some body work on.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users