• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

#1 Zeddophile

Zeddophile

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 987 posts

Posted 12 May 2005 - 10:37 PM

Basically just a bump - what front spoilers can be got from where, and how much?

And specifically this one:
http://www.classiczc...&sort=1&cat=500

Very similar to the MSA one, but I think its slightly different - anyone found this one?

#2 zedevan

zedevan

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 12 May 2005 - 11:31 PM

as some ppl might know i had i wanted add on ozdat regarding that spoiler and the one i ended up getting. to double where to get them from and the numbers i was looking through emails and thought i may as well copy and paste as it has prices.

regarding the one u posted
"This is the spoiler I have for my 240 it came from all Z parts in Sydney cost $340 email them at allzparts@aol.com and I think there website is www.allzparts.com.au PH 0294760966"

and another person who said they got theirs for $400 from a guy whos name is warren @ allzparts but gave the number 02 9484 8257

then the one i have,

http://www.classiczc...&cat=500&page=1

the one without air ducts is availible for around $300 from Shane in Sale on the number 03 51445845, postage of it isn't that bad as a guy in qld told me when i found where to get them from to let him know and he only paid like $30 or something to get it up there. i bought mine second hand as my thought was i'd probably snap it anyway...and i have hehe

Attached Thumbnails

• 68_.jpg

#3 Natez

Natez

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 15 May 2005 - 03:41 AM

sorry evan im to tired to understand your post

where did you get the one on your car from and for how much, and it wasn't new was it, do they same place sell new ones...

Thanks, need to get one before the car gets painted.

#4 zedevan

zedevan

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 15 May 2005 - 11:53 PM

sorry yeah i did write a bit to much of nothing hey, just trying to get across the fact that i havn't actully rung any of these places myself

the one i have is availible from Shane on 03 51445845 who's located in Sale

the other alrightish looking sort is availible from www.allzparts.com.au

i think this one is pretty mad, he says he wants to redo it and if he redoes it the way i'm thinking it should be would look cool

http://forums.hybrid...ad.php?t=101240
[/url]

#5 Toecutter

Toecutter

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,272 posts

Posted 09 June 2005 - 11:23 PM

I came across this pic on classic Z recently. It's a shame there is'nt a side on shot of the car. It's the first time I've seen a g-nose with a front spoiler! Is this common?

Attached Thumbnails

• 97_.jpg

#6 NR240

NR240

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 10 June 2005 - 12:00 AM

Sometimes the Air Dam that you are looking at is actually a version that is currently available that the owner has modifed (or cut away sections to create a different look) or is a totally unique casting.

In Australia I can only think of about 5 designs that are locally available, and they are very hard to get and cost quite a bit. It everyone agreed on a design, it would make sense to get hold of one and make a mold that could be used for the club and other enthusiasts.

#7 gav240z

gav240z

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 12,391 posts
  • Tagline:Jack of all trades, master of none.

Posted 10 June 2005 - 12:34 AM

Hi Sulio the front spoiler you have shown is not uncommon in japan. Infact many different front air damn types have been used on Z's in Japan since they were the only market to recieve the Gnose or 240zg.

I think I've come to liken the spoiler seen on our latest members car Graedat in the photogallery you can see it on his blue 260z with the Simmons FR17's 18's? however I'm more partial to the old racer style like the BRE front spook.

8)

Which reminds me Len Brennan manufacturer's something of the sort on his website you can see it www.len-brennan.com.au i think it's also the only approved spoiler for competition.

#8 Toecutter

Toecutter

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,272 posts

Posted 12 March 2006 - 10:42 AM

I've just been thinking about changing the colour of my front spoiler to black and in doing so I might change styles. At the moment I like the one that Evan has bought but with the air vents. Nathan did you end up getting one?

#9 zedevan

zedevan

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 12 March 2006 - 11:42 AM

the person i bought mine off was selling it to get the sort len brennan sells, but i was having a hard time deciding out of the two different ones too sulio

i think the sort i have is alot cleaner looking, and when you look at the complete car it looks nicer, but if your looking just at the spoilers the one with ducts looks nicer

the style i have sure does look nice on the gnose, makes me want to get one of them! (but how shattered would you be if you went into the back of someone, but i guess you would be anyway huh) that car looks to have the same mirrors as mine but on both sides...

#10 Zeddophile

Zeddophile

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 987 posts

Posted 13 March 2006 - 02:25 PM

hmmm - that reminds me.... i really should get onto getting that ducted front spoiler.... Its the next on the list, now i've sort of run out of things to spend on with the rangie, and now that i seem to have found a way to finish my grinding and welding.

#11 Toecutter

Toecutter

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,272 posts

Posted 13 March 2006 - 06:55 PM

Evan I think both are nice but I've got a slight preference for the one with the ducts. Ben have you got a price on the ducted one? I'll have to ask Ash to see what others he has as we discussed a few options when I was at his place.
Oh and what did you do in regards to finishing your grinding and welding Ben?

#12 Zeddophile

Zeddophile

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 987 posts

Posted 14 March 2006 - 04:27 PM

I haven't priced the ducted spoiler, no - i was happy in the knowledge that allzparts have them for between 340 and 400....

Re welding and grinding, I'm going to trailer it to a mates workshop one weekend, and do it all there. He just bought a range rover, and now owes me a few hours worth of favours, since I've made and fitted a bodylift for it, and helped him do flares etc.... I just need to get a little cash together for the trailer hire. BTW, I remembered the other day, I still owe you half the door money, I must get onto that... I had it sitting in my wallet to give to you for about 2 months, but ended up spending it :oops:

#13 Toecutter

Toecutter

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,272 posts

Posted 14 March 2006 - 05:25 PM

Thats OK mate, just don't leave the country! If your after cheap trailer hire go to the servo on the corner of Cochranes rd and Warrigul Rd in Moorabin. $35- a day. I've used their trailers on two occasions now!

#14 Toecutter

Toecutter

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,272 posts

Posted 15 June 2006 - 10:01 PM

I'm in the market for another spoiler. Some pics I've come across. hmmm...vented or non-vented!???
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#15 Toecutter

Toecutter

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,272 posts

Posted 15 June 2006 - 10:17 PM

Posted Image
Posted Image

#16 gav240z

gav240z

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 12,391 posts
  • Tagline:Jack of all trades, master of none.

Posted 15 June 2006 - 10:43 PM

Hey Sulio, personally I love both spoilers and they are by far the best choice for a Zcar when it comes to the larger airdamn's.

Out of the two I prefer the non ducted/fluted, the main reason is I believe it flows with the lines of the Zcar better. As to which one performs better I have no idea.

I have had the big airdamn spoiler on a Z before and have to say I like the way the Zcar looks without any spoiler, but at the same time I understand it helps with the front end at speed.

I personally like the look of the Gnose (Authentic not fibreglass copy) or the BRE style spook as in the attached picture.

Attached Thumbnails

• 409_.jpg

#17 Natez

Natez

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 16 June 2006 - 12:49 AM

i want non vented....

motorsport auto didnt get back to me on shipping sulio, if u gettng it from anywhere that would be cheaper to get 2, i want a non vented one... just let me know what you are doing about it, and where you are getting it from....

thanks

#18 Natez

Natez

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 16 June 2006 - 12:53 AM

oh and sulio this is for you... get a g-nose i know you want it... haha

Attached Thumbnails

• 412_.jpg
  • 411_.jpg

#19 Toecutter

Toecutter

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,272 posts

Posted 17 June 2006 - 10:47 AM

Hi Nate,
hmmm...still not sure, non vented does flow well as Gav said but is'nt there a vented one that is identical in dimensions to the non vented one appart from the vents?
I like the BRE spook spoiler for a car thats been subtley modified re the body just like the one in the pic with the chic, just wheels and a neat spoiler, nice and clean and neat.
The g-nose certainly would give the car a unique look but I still reckon they stick out too much, not that I don't like the look but non a huge fan.

#20 Natez

Natez

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 17 June 2006 - 03:20 PM

yer i just teasing ya....

ummm, the non vented from the pictures i've seen, is exactly the same as the vented, just one has vents and the other doesnt..... i prefer the smoother non vented.... as per my car wanting to look like this

Attached Thumbnails

• 413_.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users