240z Radiator overflow bottle and bracket

acf321

• Moderators

Don't think any 240 or 260 ever came with a over flow bottle. I found one from a Holden Jackeroo (bottle + bracket with a bit of trimming) that works pretty well. Needed to install one for the MSCA sprints..used to use a drink bottle from the closest bin I could find.

As Zedman240 has stated 240z/260z don't have them standard the radiator over flow hose just goes down beside the radiator and finishes under the car. I picked up a $10-12 unit from supercheap and fitted that to my race car (requirement) as luck would have it it sad nicely on the pass side down low and there was already one hole there on my car :)

The only bottle under the bonnet is the windscreen bottle under the inspection panel on the drivers side :) and I think the bracket is fixed to the body for that one (I can't recall and don't have zed at home to check with :( yet :))

PS Like Dimitri I too had to use a bottle, hose and cable tie once when at the track in a hurry

Mine was a bit more expensive but I had credit at autobarn I needed to use. It's just a polished stainless steel overflow tank, however it doesn't just bolt straight in. That said, it's not that hard to mount. We ended up cutting a tab off the top of the radiator to get it to fit neatly next to the radiator, otherwise it would have been sitting out in the middle of no where (I missed the tab on the radiator later when it came to installing the thermo fans  :-\ ) .

Definitely beats the diet coke bottle that was in there to begin with ;)

Fans.jpg

NDN09_Day_2_069small.jpg

• 8 years later...

Mine was a bit more expensive but I had credit at autobarn I needed to use. It's just a polished stainless steel overflow tank, however it doesn't just bolt straight in. That said, it's not that hard to mount. We ended up cutting a tab off the top of the radiator to get it to fit neatly next to the radiator, otherwise it would have been sitting out in the middle of no where (I missed the tab on the radiator later when it came to installing the thermo fans  :-\ ) .

Definitely beats the diet coke bottle that was in there to begin with ;)

Fans.jpg

NDN09_Day_2_069small.jpg

what is  the size of this overflow bottle? i bought one that is 2 X 13" same type as yours and it does not fit. It touches the bottom of the engine frame. i have a champion 3 row radiator.

Edited by jalexquijano

• 3 weeks later...