Kyle's XR6 turbo Zed

Hey pplz

Went to have a look so see how my Zed was doin

The engine/gearbox stage is just about done. Just waiting for a clutch so dont have to take gearbox out again, heh

post-223-144023525697_thumb.jpg

post-223-144023525706_thumb.jpg

Looking good Kyle. That will be one awesome machine when it's done. As you know I have the same engine in my Turbo Territory which flies in a 2 ton chassis. I can only imagine what it will be like in a Zed. Persist with the pain and expense and you will have one unique machine. Cheers.

mate that engine just look at home in the Z as it did in the falcon. looks wicked.

like Craig said these engines in 1.8t falcon and 2t territory move pretty good.

it will be insane in a light Z. may need to fit some BIG and very sticky rubber at the back.  ;D

keep us posted.

Hey pplz

Just a minor update:

Engine got overhauled with new bearings, valve springs, heavy duty oil pump from nizpro, BF conrods and seals and gaskets..

Saying the engine good for 380kw at the wheels :o

yeah full cage and body strengthening of course later on. Want it running so yea no more the 250kw will have probably standard boost to see how the Zed handles

• 1 month later...

Hey pplz ;D

minor update

Engine rebuilt and back in the Zed now. fitting the exhaust manifold and turbo as well as the intake manifold which the top half will be a nizpro intake plenum. Turbo exhaust side will get modified as well. Then after that will see how much space there is for the piping and also i think a custom radiator and intercooler.

Slowly getting there :D