When should we have our next cruise?

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 gav240z

gav240z

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 12,644 posts
  • Tagline:Jack of all trades, master of none.

Posted 10 May 2005 - 10:54 PM

Since the last turnout was so dismal I thought maybe we could have people suggest when we should have our next get together?

So people when do you want to go for a cruise?

Does anyone object to the great ocean road cruise?

I might be busy for the next couple of weeks with Uni winding up and exams but any how let us know what you think. :?:

#2 Lurch ™

Lurch ™

Curator of the 'Gavin Collection'

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,661 posts
  • Tagline:In my Den of Rust & Sin

Posted 11 May 2005 - 05:15 PM

Gav, I belive the NDSOC are haveing a 'Mid-year run' on the 19th of June.
Link: http://www.ndsoc.com...ent/view/31/43/
Im sure they won't mind other people tagging along.

#3 gav240z

gav240z

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 12,644 posts

Posted 11 May 2005 - 09:20 PM

Yeah I'm sure Matty won't mind infact he'd be happy to have a good show of early Zeds. Last time we did a joint thing only 2 or so from VicZcar went. Mind you i didn't show either i had my reasons :D .

Anyway anyone else who wants to chime in let us know what you think of the idea. I know alot of people like having just early Zeds on cruises which i can understand.

:)

#4 Natez

Natez

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 15 May 2005 - 03:38 AM

great ocean road has roadworks, not sure if its a good idea,

#5 thehelix112

thehelix112

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 15 May 2005 - 12:23 PM

Natez,

How recently have you been there? It was just finished being resurfaced not too long ago, or have they decided to do more to it?

Ozdat people will be coming along on that cruise (curteousy of Lurch) also so I'll be going anyway.

I'm up for a cruise at any point these days, (got my brakes sorted-ish).

Dave

#6 Natez

Natez

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 15 May 2005 - 08:14 PM

i was told by a friend who recently went there that there are roadworks happening further down, and apparantly won't be done till august, is what i was told by a person who lives near fairhaven....

its what i was told...

#7 thehelix112

thehelix112

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 15 May 2005 - 10:52 PM

Haha.. so I'm guessing you were told that?

Dave

#8 Jimbo

Jimbo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 22 November 2005 - 08:13 AM

What about the Great Alpine Road, Up the Princes Hwy to Bairnsdale then Bruthen then The Great Alpine Road to Omeo for an overnighter ,continue on over Hotham ,down to Harritville to Myrtleford.Then either down the Hume Freeway or the old Hume Highway back to Melb.....Easy........ Jimbo :!: :!: :!:

#9 gav240z

gav240z

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 12,644 posts

Posted 22 November 2005 - 08:18 AM

Hi Jimbo sounds like fun perhaps Sulio and I should get together to discuss the details.

:D

#10 Toecutter

Toecutter

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,274 posts

Posted 01 December 2005 - 08:51 PM

Sounds like a good one for January 2006!?

Sulio

#11 NZeder

NZeder

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,291 posts

Posted 21 January 2006 - 12:17 PM

Well I might be on your side of the Tas for the last week of Jan 2006 and frist part of Feb 2006. Just a 1 week visit, getting in on Sunday around 7pm (once I have the flight and accom confirmed next week) and leaving on Friday afternoon - so that does not give me much free time as I will be at work like most during the day - so that leaves a evening meet catch up. I should have a rental car so can visit any side of Melbourne :)

As stated I will post another update on when I will be in town when I know more - as usually short notice. However I will be in town during the F1 GP week as I have conference to attend to the week after the GP (great timing...funny how this happens every year around GP time :) )

#12 Natez

Natez

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 21 January 2006 - 03:14 PM

is it old gp time or 2006 calender as melbourne date has changed cause of the games

#13 Toecutter

Toecutter

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,274 posts

Posted 21 January 2006 - 07:22 PM

Well that sounds like as good a date as any. How about we commit to a date as soon as you get your itinery in order NZeder!?

Sulio

#14 NZeder

NZeder

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,291 posts

Posted 24 January 2006 - 10:48 AM

Well that sounds like as good a date as any. How about we commit to a date as soon as you get your itinery in order NZeder!?

Sulio

Ok got booking etc sorted for work next week - I will be flying in on Sunday 29th (this Sunday) I get in a 7pm - then into town via the rental to check in - free time that night :) Work Mon-Fri but every evening is free so far :) I leave on Friday afternoon (need to be back home on Saturday and there are only 2 flights a day from Mel to Auckland, afternoon = 1am Saturday arrivial or morning = Saturday afternoon arrivial = too late)

So basically I am free Sun, Mon, Tues, Wed and Thur evening to catchup chat etc.

I have Sulio and Gav's mobiles so will call one of you once have checked in at the hotel etc on Sunday around 7:30pm at a guess.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users