my baby 260z 2+2

hey evryone names leon im from werribee vic  im farely new to the forum, i recently brought my first car a 260z 2+2 probly wasnt the best car to get for my first but i loved it as soon as i sore it, i paid 1000 for it the guy was asking 1500. the paint could be better and im not sure how much rust its got but im hoping it'll pass road worthy. the guy i brought it from said the engine has had work done but wasnt sure what as he was selling for a freind who lives out of melton. ive repaired the radiator but apart from that its as i broght it any comments or info on the car would be apreciated as i have no idea what im doin lol

thanks for reading and sorry about my pigeon english ;D

post-1407-144023525042_thumb.jpg

post-1407-144023525049_thumb.jpg

post-1407-144023525056_thumb.jpg

post-1407-144023525062_thumb.jpg

Welcome Leon great to see anothe 2+2 join the ranks, by the looks of it your Zed seems pretty much intack so that's a good start, I can certainly see the radiator has been reconditioned  with new bottom hose so thats a good basic start.

You are also lucky that you have upgraded carburettors should make your car run smoother.

Is it a 1976?

It might be worth draining out the old oil and putting in new oil and a new oil filter as it appears to have been there a very long while?

RWC will check body and chassis rust, lights, windscreen clarity, heater demister, turn signals, tyre tread, exhaust leaks and loudness and smoke, brake shoe and pad wear, brake fluid leaks and clutch, car horn, windscreen wipers, seat belts, steering and suspension etc;

The body work paint crazing has been poor preparation last time it was resprayed!! (start saving for a new paint job) The car should scrub up well when you eventually finish her. Lynton  8)

• Administrators

Welcome Leon, it was a brown 260z 2+2 75 model that made me fall in love with Zeds myself.

Another member joined recently with a brown 2+2

http://www.viczcar.com/gallery/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pos=33

http://www.viczcar.com/gallery/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pos=34

I think they look awesome in brown.

thank you all for such a warm welcome, its a 75 im restoring it but i wouldn't hold ur breath on when it'll be RW no cash to put into it atm and got alot of other stuff goin on right now, as for paint ive got a few mates who r sprayers by trade so ill probly be gettin that done fairly soonish as ive been told they would do it at the price of the paint.

i have a ruff idea of the color but not 100 percent, thinking jet black or charcole with one thick deep purple racing stripe and double pinstripes either side of the stripe. im sure it'll be fun trying to get that done without paying the labour ::) lol

• 2 weeks later...

thank you all for such a warm welcome, its a 75 im restoring it but i wouldn't hold ur breath on when it'll be RW no cash to put into it atm and got alot of other stuff goin on right now, as for paint ive got a few mates who r sprayers by trade so ill probly be gettin that done fairly soonish as ive been told they would do it at the price of the paint.

i have a ruff idea of the color but not 100 percent, thinking jet black or charcole with one thick deep purple racing stripe and double pinstripes either side of the stripe. im sure it'll be fun trying to get that done without paying the labour ::) lol

welcome to the forum.

interesting colour scheme. though just a tip it is your car and you can do what u please. (well thats what I always keep saying to other people and do believe it)

I can see few issues. being young and first car and all most probably u loose interest in it expecialy when hits your pocket Hard. maybe not a good choice for first car.

so incase u need to sell it i think u may have some hard time selling it after with that colour scheme. its only a tip. do as you please. hate to see people loosing big $$$ for no reason.

look at this link

http://www.viczcar.com/forum/index.php/topic,658.0.html

lot of nice Z and colours to choose. also you google images and u see even more. most things have been tried and tested.

other than that have a look at auszcar gallaries lot of nice Z.

and always the simple scheme works the best.

also here is one of the hottest 2+2 around similar colour what u planing minus the stripes.

http://www.viczcar.com/forum/index.php/topic,2708.0.html

i dont mind the stripes but it is kinda FORD thing.so it kinda looks best on them.

car looks good by itself doesnt require elaborate paint jobs for people to turn and have look at it.

i just hope it doesnt end up as a ugly duckling on ebay for 6 or more months. and than again after few months with new owner trying to get rid of it.

just hurts my eyes seeing cars like that on ebay.

most of us have been there and done that and regret some of our decision in younger days. so you lucky u got a head start.

thanks for the advice RBZ, i found this pic on tickle i think it's similar to the one you mentioned. a basic color would be the smarter idea and i like the way grey makes them

look so bold and arrogant, primal looking

post-1407-144023526803_thumb.jpg

I agree with that theme but I couldn't bring myself to do it on my rigi 2+2 Lynton 8)

I agree with you Lynton. i wouldnt do it to your car.there arent many like yours so it will be shame.

but getting another destined for scrap metal and resurecting it that be good.

our 2+2 or how they called them buses, limos etc.... will be lot harder to find in the future.