Sign in to follow this  
acf321

Weird Rubber Bits

yesireee

put me down for an official "purchase order"  for: 1 x pair of hatch-hinge bootlets...!!

Well I have had two attempts at making the mould.

The first was a total failure. The mould was destroyed and so was the rubber boot.

The second is still a work in progress. It has also destroyed the rubber boot. So now I have none left. I have no choice but to make this mould work.

The problem is the moulds are sticking to the rubber. But with a lot of effort I think I will get this one to work.

The other issue is the latex. I am totally out and I spent hours this morning trying to track some down unsuccessfully. I have ordered some but it won't arrive until mid Sept. I do have some silicon but it is more expensive and I am not sure how it will hold up to our purpose. I might give one a go just to see.

what do these parts look like? anyone have a photo?

maybe i can help out and get some moulds/parts made - i'll try to get a rough price and tool life on monday

thought i'd post a small update - through the company i had in mind using the methods we're using for a customer at work, tooling would last rediculously long, ie 250,000 parts + but at a rough cost of 5g. i'm sure there'd be a cheaper tooling method, just dont want to bother the company until i actully know what the parts looks like...