My second 240z

Nice one mate, looks so clean 8)

Thanks mate, water jet blasting the cases makes them look mint!

With the 0.75 5th you can run a nice diff ratio and still be able to drive it on the highway though.

I'm running a 3.9 sti diff, not sure what its like cruising in 5th yet as its been crappy weather so haven't really had a chance to take it out.

Mossy with a 24.8582" tyre dia (225/50/16), 3.9 diff and 0.745 fifth you'd be doing 2,450RPM at 100kph.

I switched out the 0.745 for the 0.833 fifth. For me running the 4.11 rear and the 71b 0.864 fifth I was doing 104.06kph at 3100RPM. Now with the 4.375 the RB20DET 71C with new 0.833 fifth I'm doing 103.96kph at 3100rpm. I normally sit on 3100 and use the tach as I know my speedo is out of wack. I think it's fine on the highway, as long as I'm not going to do an 8hr trip at 110kph.

• 11 months later...

I am another one who reckons that colour rocks!

I like the wheels also!
What are the dimensions/offset on the rims?
Where did you get them and what did they cost, if you don't me asking :)

No chin spoiler Gareth, half the reason I took the spoiler off was because I need ramps to stop the spoiler scrapeing when I put it in the garage. The factory valance has grown on me after looking at 240z's like this.

At the moment I also need a motor to actually get it out of the garage!

Edited by mossy

• 9 months later...

Love the car

I am considering Watanabes in 16x8 ET0, just concerned about the fitment, especially at the rear. Did you have any issues at all from yours?

Mine will also end up as ET-5 as I will need to run 5mm spacers on the front to clear my brakes. Otherwise I am sure the front would be ok because I am able to run my current wheels with 10mm spacers without issue (16x8 ET10) 

• 2 years later...
49 minutes ago, mossy said:

First update in a long time, I fitted up the factory valance as the car should be back on the road soon, looking forward to driving it again after a few years off the road.

9D6ECEF9-F4EF-49FB-AE8C-5BDDDE551872.jpeg

Very Nicee. Love the factory look