Wax,s 260z 2+2 long term build

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ok progress pics

I have done the front pipes and hopefully will get the rest done tomorrow or at least this week.

Then its time to remove them and weld them all solid and put them back on. Im reasonablly happy with how its turning out its no monzter style thing but its even length and held close to engine and out of the way.

008-3.jpg

006-4.jpg

005-4.jpg

004-6.jpg

003-6.jpg

002-7.jpg

Yes the turbo sits further back , its done that way to try and clear the engine mount. The rear pipes will look different from the front. However they will be the same length , just some of the bends may be tighter

Win, win situation then. You are obviously a very good talker (or passionate about teaching) to be able to talk the principle into this situation. Well done.

Well our metal work department went from the smallest department in the school to the largest in the last few years.

So he is happy its all about funding . Every year i build something strange and ride around the school on it .

The z car maybe a bit big to get down the footpath however

Looking good Mate, time well spent........

With all that extra weight on one side, will this affect your engine mounts?

Have you given any thought since youve Turbo'd, those pipes will get mighty HOT and stay hot for a long time and transfer a lot of heat to your newly designed manifold

Yeah looking very good. You are getting a lot of work done. It's good to see some solid updates on a project.

A man arts teacher at my high school worked on a 240z as a 'class project' as well. Unfortunately this was a few years after I graduated.

OK well did some more work on it today. of course i didnt have enough bends i was one short

I will go get some more tomorrow and do some work on it thursday

006-5.jpg

001-8.jpg

002-8.jpg

003-7.jpg

004-7.jpg

005-5.jpg

The intake manifold is just sitting on there at the moment so dont think its going to be running and touching the header at the same time

I have redone number 6 as i was not happy with the angles in it ,you can see the redone one in the first pic

After its welded and ground up i will hit it with the emery tape and smooth it all out before welding together

Yeah im looking to get an ecu that has wheel sensors as well so i can have switchable traction control if i decide to do some track work. If you have drive by wire with wheel sensors you get cruise control as well. Also you get torque control off the throttle as well , so if you put your foot halfway down you actually get half power not half throttle , makes for a smooth powerband

Ok well its finished pretty much

Just have to weld it all solid now

please excuse the mess in my car this is all pre my doing

Have you figured out a sequence to weld them up to minimize distortion, or does the thickness and bends cancel that out?