Sign in to follow this  
waxhead

Wax,s 260z 2+2 long term build

Scootag, even though you blanked out the naughty word it was still rather obvious. Some members find it a little crude, hence the reason I changed your post (just in case you were wondering) :).

Waxhead, your wife is going to go mental, but its for a worthy cause. Funny question, but who did you get to take the picture, an accomplice? :)

Yeah , they are not my hands, im actually a reformed mechanic and now teach metal work at a high school so those are a year 11 kids hands helping me out.

HA!

Hopefully your wife is as understanding as mine.

I have had a gearbox in our hallway, pulled it apart in the laundry, used my bath tub as a parts washer etc, etc.

Looking good Mate, handy having a tech workshop at your disposal ;D

What are the plans for the block, I assume the bores are in good nic or are you going oversize, stroker crank or standard...........

Scootag, even though you blanked out the naughty word it was still rather obvious. Some members find it a little crude, hence the reason I changed your post (just in case you were wondering) :).

398 post and nearly two years and thats the first time i've been told off... not a bad ratio :)

Im not going to big bore it as i dont see the need when you can just give it another pound of boost

Im looking for some forged pistons and rods

Rods are only 700 so thats not bad pistons go a bit higher. I would like to be able to rev this thing hard if i feel the need and not so sure about the cast pistonbs at that higher rpm (8000 is the figure i have in mind)

Im working hard at the moment and have just made the two merge collectors for the exhaust today.

I have decided to put the turbo in the middle of the engine instead of up the front , will be better supported and will also look better in my op

post-1412-14402352468_thumb.jpg

Are you doing this while at school? That's awesome lol.

I wish my shop teacher at school had been interested in this kind of work.

Yeah the students love it. Im always building stuff at work . I had some year 11 students come in at lunch to finish deburring my block for me

well finished the merge collector

Here is a pic of my manifold sitting on the floor. I put my socks on to keep every one happy

Tomorrow i will start to join the pieces together to make a manifold out of it

DSC08752.jpg

DSC08754.jpg

DSC08750.jpg

DSC08751.jpg

DSC08756.jpg

Looks good

There will be a bit of weight in that there setup.......what have you made them out of black steel?

Yeah this is my work socks

Yup i have used black steel weld bends

It will be heavy so i will run a brace for the turbo to help it stay in place

Im thinking to run it off the engine mount and use two rose joints so it has some room for expansion if it needs it

My goal is to put this on and not have to remove it , Im going to pick up a dummy turbo tomorrow to help me work out the placement correctly

I am looking forward to the end result of all this work, looking the goods so far. I just sold a 1600 with T03 turbo on an L18 running a draw through setup with a 45DCOE Weber and am buying the turbo setup back off him with the intention of modifying & fitting it to a L6cyl. Keep it coming.

ps. That pic of the manifold at the top of the page looks like one of those things in the Matrix.

Thanks for the heads up guys

If this turns out ok i may actually looking at making some to sell , i will just have to see how it turns out in the end and what interest i get for them

;D nice holes in them socks.

Me thinks Waxhead should try out for men's sock modelling. Certainly got the attention of the boys on this forum :).

You realise you have made it tradition now. Every update you make now has to include a picture of your socks. I'm wondering though, what kind of man works on his car with just socks on?

I went into work today and did some more work on my Exhaust manifold.

Its comimg along nicely, of course its all just tacked together and has to be fully welded once all the pipes are sorted

Thats not where the header pipe will end up it was just a play to see what it would look like

002-6.jpg

003-5.jpg

007-2.jpg

010-2.jpg

011-3.jpg

012-1.jpg

013.jpg

014-1.jpg

And to suport the manifold when its finished

015-2.jpg