I bought this daily driven car off of Datsfreak. Funny enough I bought his brother's 260Z 2+2 ex-daily too. Small world! It's number 629 which I think is reasonably low for a 240? It is pretty stock apart from the mega cool Rota RBs and exhaust. It did have a full resto in the 90's though (thanks Datsfreak for the car history!).
I cleaned it up on the weekend and took some photos with the digi SLR...
I haven't even owed the car a week and I already have a formal in November to go to. It seems I've become the 'car guy' of the neighbourhood .
There is a few maintanence things that need to be attended too like the charging system is on its way out, new ball joints on the steering arms and attention to the steering column combination switch (sticking indicator cost me a $60 fine for 'failing to indicate'!).
- respray in the same red
- add the ZG flares that I bought for the 2+2 as well as a BRE style spoiler
- wider wheels to go under the flares (was thinking simmons FR17s)
- height adjustable coil-overs (Datsfreak threw in some nice eibach springs, just need a sleeving kit)
- bigger brakes front and rear (Datsfreak threw in a 15/16 MC)
- finally build that dang L31 I've been collecting parts for! (I have both F54 and N42 blocks now, N42 courteous of Datsfreak)
- speedhut gauge faces (because I can barely read the stock gauges as is! )
- fixed back seats and ADR 4 point harnesses
- half cage (way down the track!)
- suspension work, ie harder bushes, swaybars, etc
I would like to take this opportunity to thank Datsfreak for all his help! Good luck with the R33.
The end use of this car will be mainly Sunday driving and Sunday track driving .