240z owner to be - one day!

Hey everyone,

Just thought I would introduce myself. I've been lurking around this site for quite a while now, and decided it was time to register and post up something. Basically, I am hoping to one day soon be the owner of a 240z or 260z. Fell in love after seeing a few gorgeous examples on here!

Went from having a 180sx Type X to a BF XR6 Turbo to a Transit company van lol. So now I am on the hunt for a good project car!

Anyway, short but sweet. Anyone finds any good bargains - let me know  :P

Welcome dru ...Where are you located.

There are Zeds poping up on Ebay alot and also on the forums so keep an eye out..

What price range are you looking at.

Pauly from Sydney branch

Just from Western Sydney - actually out near member (Locky). I've been keeping my eyes peeled, it's going to be a project car so I don't mind if it has no engine or anything (plan is to change that anyway) but initially I am looking around the 3-4k mark. Not sure if that can get me much though.

Welcome Dru, I just picked up my first 240Z off ebay in QLD. Real nice, will post photos when we get her home. If you are in love after seeing pics on this site, just wait till you drive one, nothing quite compares. ;D

I can't wait. I've only seen a 240 in person once and my god it sounded and looked great! It's from out my way (Narellan) and it's green? The missus absolutely loves them too, always a bonus  ;)

Been looking at this one http://cgi.ebay.com.au/DATSUN-260Z_W0QQitemZ320371292657QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAU_Cars?hash=item320371292657&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A2|65%3A1|39%3A1|240%3A1318|301%3A0|293%3A1|294%3A50 but I think it's more trouble then it's worth - I bet its got loads of rust!

Yeah,

I agree. However if you are serious about a project and space isn't a problem then buy it. 260z parts are so handy to have on tap! So far I have wrecked 2 260z and 3 280zx. But I don't think I'd be tempted to use that one as the project.

The one from melbourne that popped up is perfect, absolutely perfect! It's exactly what I want, and lower then my price range! Had to be down in melbourne!

I couldn't buy a parts car atm unfortunately, I've have a Mazda Astina SP, Mazda 323 SS and Ford Laser TX3 as part cars (back when I was first on my P's lol) and my parents just got sick of it! Thankfully, I move out to my own place soon! Happy days.

Update: I may have found one that has been resprayed about a year ago with blown headgasket....:D