Damn colour choices!

Zeddophile

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What was the factory original colour of yours Ben? If it was poo brown forget it lol.

Lol. I believe it was red originally, then got sprayed white over the top of that....

I'm liking the blue and the green G-nose ones that Nate posted, but I'm thinking at the moment that factory dark blue colour I posted (the one with the stripe) is a go - with a little metal flake added in perhaps....

• Administrators
here it is

That's a great looking Z for sure. Only things I'd change is mirrors, bonnet to non fluted and remove headlight covers or replace with chromed band type. (I know expensive) but well worth it in my book. 8)

here are some pics. hte camera doesnt do justice to actual colour though this is one of the angles. it changes depnding on the light condition.

the second one is nite shot under fluro light

also spoiler will be painted too jsut havent gone around to it.

post-205-144023470427_thumb.jpg

post-205-144023470434_thumb.jpg

oh 5 stud conversion, how much that set you back...

yer that liquid silver is really nice, don't think about mercedes silver unless u got some deep pockets for a paint job, as its expensive paint, but well worth it in the end really...

im going for either nissan pewter, or vw silver

oh 5 stud conversion' date=' how much that set you back...

[/quote']

LOL dont ask i dont want to go throught he reciepts.

$220 for complete with brakes and rotors z31 turbo trailing arms.

$ 200 for machining my 260z hubs to accomodate metric bearings to suit z31 5stud axle. also to use my cv driveshafts so end cap of z31 was used to mate to wierd shaft to original r30 cv joints. long story

$100 for bearings

$80 for removing the caliper braket and cleaning it tosuit the 260z hub. believe it or not the holes line up just need to be bit bigger.

Machining was done by retired holden mech engineer which he gave me good deal.

i got quited over $450 per side just for hubs to be taken down 1mm or so.

i think my rear setup with r200 lsd cost me more than whole front end with motor and box. but oh well theres are easier ways around it. if u dont want cv drive shafts.or u want to pay big $$ from modern for adaptor flange for exsiting setup.

bit of topic sorry

that ford blue isn't too bad' date=' it has a bit of similarity to the original colour one i put up the top..... Would be interesting to see a photo of it on an overcast day...[/quote']

That colour is bit darker. this one is a pearl (not moded colour straight of the code) so it changes from blue to darker blue light purple to light blue with bit of green..

it does bring out the lines more. cause at different angles it has different colour.

the pic bellow u can see a bit of the colour change

post-205-144023470447_thumb.jpg

RBz260' date=' does the Ford blue normally look that light in colour?[/quote']

its only light when direct sunlight hits it. otherwise its like the other pics.

so if u can imagine driving it and u got most of the car light blue and the hump on the bonnet is darker and stands out more. or vice versa.

i wasnt sure about it at all myself but it looked so damn good on the BA XRs. and zs have similar humps and curves like the ford not saying they look same just similar concept.even when i sprayed it i thought i got givem wrong colour till i put clear on it than it came out like wow not bad at all.

Other colours i considered were Daytona blue from 350z

Nissan Pulsar N15 S2 blue damn nice colour but darker than ford one plus

my gf didnt want me robbing her colour so i didnt but i think it will look sweet in that shade.

Also shockwave from Ford but no pearl just plain metalic but still nice colour.

best thing to do is get samples of the shortlisted colours. ie 250ml

if u got a spare guard or rusty bonnet just give it a rough clean up and respray it put clear and see what it looks like.

than repeat for others. its big decision and lot of work or money so take ur time and choose the colour u like.

cause it may be cool for few yrs when its still fresh but after u may hate it or looks too overdone.

probably best to stick with formula that works and have seen in real life.

some colours look good on pic but crap in real and the other way too. but its the reality that u care about.

cheers if u need any of these codes let me know i can also post a pic of my gf pulsar or just see one on the road. its wicked.its got like 3 different colours but still doesnt look too overdone.

ii think ill be thinking which colour to paint my just bought 240z. its white now original was that crapy lime green but may go for one of the whites from nissan s14 pearl white or maybe mazda red or pulsar blue. dont know i may have same dilema but i got lot of spare panels that i can practice on.

JBWetzels: That colour I like' date=' definitely. Its now on the shortlist :P

quote']

thats candy apple blue. dont know what u guys got in victoria.

we got spray chief and nsw has house of colours or something like that.

if u want something like that visit them. they got some wicked colours.

but be prepared to pay both for paint and for work.

its 3 layer colour so lot of prep and very hard to repair if gets damaged cant blend in. have to respray complete panel.

i painted my rocker cover on my s14 candy apple green with marble effect and rainbow metallic

damn 4 layer colour cost me for them to paint $150 but job is very good.

• 3 years later...

I'm very new (1st post) so please be gentle with me  :-[

I'm picking up my 1st 240 this week.  It's now red (ish) but original colour is the lime yellow.  I don't know I'm a fan of the original colour.  I was thinking of the new VE red, but also strongly considering British Racing Green.  the interior is black.

Has anyone seen one in BRG?  Any good?  Any thoughts

i own one in the factory colour #240 which is a BRG type colour - look in the gallery. if i were to respray it i'm not sure if i'd go for the factory colour or a newer dark green off a bmw, such as that on the new mini's. as in some light conditions i did not really like the factory colour, but in others it was awesome. the green of Nzeders car looks quite cool, and from memory he is going from his car being the same colour as mine...

i love the lime yellow colour, just set a picture of the lambo miura concept as your background and i'm sure u'll fall in love with it

http://picasaweb.google.com/srcartermd is a very nice stock lime yellow 240z in america

goodluck deciding, red's very common with 240z's...and i'm saving owning a red car till i have a ferrari, lol

can someone please give me an opinion on the san marino blue from the 350z???

because this pic looks awsome but every other photo i see looks to dark and ugly.

id maybe like it with ablack bonnet

http://motormavens.com/emAlbum/albums/Dax%20Rodriguez/Feature%20Cars/Mike%27s%20Z33/IMG_4534_Mike_Maez_Z33_350Z_South_Mountain_Profile.jpg

This is the car that made me paint my zed the factory 907 Green. My 260z was the metallic green from the factory code 240 like zedevan's. But I liked the colour of the "Grand Prix Green - GP Green" code 907. This colour was discontinued after 1970 and is flat/non metallic which I also liked. I can't wait to put my car together and take a pic of it. But for now here is the inspiration for my colour choice.

post-104-144023545546_thumb.jpg

post-104-144023545553_thumb.jpg

post-104-144023545562_thumb.jpg

post-104-144023545568_thumb.jpg

http://picasaweb.google.com/srcartermd is a very nice stock lime yellow 240z in america

goodluck deciding, red's very common with 240z's...and i'm saving owning a red car till i have a ferrari, lol

Thanks zedevan.  The lime yellow one in the link does look pretty good.  But so does NZeder's dark green one.  I'm prob a while off colour choice as I have even strated stripping it yet!

• 1 month later...

if you can find an auto paint supplier that sell House Of Kolor, check out their samples for "top end" colour choices. i am going with a blue basecoat candy over a black base which gives an unreal effect, but not too over the top, but candies are not for the faint hearted.

• 3 weeks later...

Go 4 the metallic blue. It does not have to stop there, u can have a pearl going through it like mine. There are so manly choice i belive u should go to the paint shop and go throught the charts. Make sure u look at them out in the sun when u get them so you really see the metallic or pearl ect. u will only deside then make sure your happy with your pick not everbody esle good luck make sure it 2 pack