Does size really matter? Plenum size that is

I realised the other day the EFI plenum I have on my L28 in my 240z is smaller than the plenum on my 280zx. Anyone got any thoughts on the result this would have?

I have a spare one in the larger size but I son't want to swap it all over if it isn't going to have a benefit.

Let me know.

"Apparently" plenum volume should be around the same cc's as the engine displacment. 3L for a 3L engine etc. I'm not sure if this changes with forced induction, or whether that was for forced induction and it is different with na.

I believe the length and diameter of the runners effect your torque for an na more than your plenum size.

At the end of the day it's not about the size, it's how you use it. ;D

• 1 month later...

There are three or four logs for the L28.

There is the standard one butterfly log, a two butterfly log, the turbo log which is a single butterfly, but at 64mm diameter from memory, bigger than the combined area of the two butterfly log, and also the NAPS log which I can't remember the size or number of butterflies.

You may also have the log from the L24E, which is different in size again.

I have the turbo log on my L30 and the difference in diameter between it and the XF throttle body is less than a mm so not worth doing the mod for the dollars it would cost.

Matt

• 1 month later...