8 replies to this topic

#1 Toecutter

Toecutter

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,274 posts

Posted 26 March 2006 - 09:47 AM

My front discs are due to be changed. I was thinking about buying these cross drilled discs for the front since the DBA catalogue show that they make them for the Z. I've e-mailed DBA for price hopefully get a response monday.
Also I've been warned about going for both slotted and cross drilled re strength of disc issues. Anyhow I think they look good and mine is not a track car so I'm planning on buying them. Anybody have any experience with these and any ideas on how much for a pair?

Oh the catalogue below for those interested. Note the height difference between the 240 and 260 discs!

http://www.dba.com.a...Dseries_cat.pdf

Cheers
Sulio

#2 sco_aus

sco_aus

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,484 posts
  • Tagline:Scott

Posted 26 March 2006 - 10:47 AM

Most people I talk to say, unless you buy a really good quality pair, cross drilled aren't worth it cos they are prone to cracking. I reckon slotted would be more than sufficient for you if you aren't doing track work. I have DBA slotted with the Hilux 4 pots and I dont get any brake fade and thats coming down the Hotham pass. Plus they are really well priced.

#3 Toecutter

Toecutter

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,274 posts

Posted 26 March 2006 - 11:55 AM

Thanks sco_aus. Do you remember what they set you back dollor wise?

#4 djc2004

djc2004

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 26 March 2006 - 02:12 PM

I had DBA cross drilled and slotted Gold discs on my WRX a few years ago and the braking difference was phenonemal. it'd stand on its nose!!

I had Race Brakes in flemington fit their own brand pads and will do the same for the V8z shortly. Cracking issues with drilled discs are as a result of incorrect cooling procedures at track days - fast laps and no cool down, but on the road mine were fine.

I had a price guestamate from Repco a week ago at around $200 a rotor but they wouldn't commit to a price as they said DBA would have to drill and slot them for me as there weren't any made for 260Zs

#5 Azon

Azon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 26 March 2006 - 04:49 PM

The cross drilled ones should work fine for the street from what i ahve heard.

#6 Enzo

Enzo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 358 posts

Posted 26 March 2006 - 05:28 PM

hi, I fitted 300mm drilled and slotted rotors with calipers and all of the fittings including hoses,new bearings etc. i got them from Hopper Stoppers in Melbourne in a Datsun kit, cost $1,200 . Only extra thing i had to change was the master cylinder to a 1 inch diameter.David.

#7 sco_aus

sco_aus

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,484 posts

Posted 26 March 2006 - 05:59 PM

I got my slotted rotors for $220, but that was cost price cos I got screwed around, but i did get a quote for $440 installed, but i put them in myself. Also on the cross drilled side, the cross drilled would be fine for street use, but its cheaper for slotted and i don't see the point in the extra money, but thats me. :)

#8 Toecutter

Toecutter

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,274 posts

Posted 26 March 2006 - 06:25 PM

Also on the cross drilled side, the cross drilled would be fine for street use, but its cheaper for slotted and i don't see the point in the extra money, but thats me.

Yer depends on how much more $$ they ask for cross drilled.

#9 sco_aus

sco_aus

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,484 posts

Posted 26 March 2006 - 06:29 PM

:D there is definite better looks in the cross drilled though :twisted:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users