zedrally

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 235 posts
  • Location:3 weeks in the middle of the Indian Ocean the other in Melbourne

Posted 01 December 2005 - 09:27 AM

Just a note on the bellows..

There are 2 schools of thought on these, well 3 actualy, if you include the why have them option.

1. Use bellows without tieing the base or bottom part of bellow to the strut.

2. Tie to the strut.

and of course

3. No bellow.

After considerable thought, I used option 1. Mainly because I could see little compression/expansion of the bellows in general use, therefore they actually became a floating dust cap. Also, if a split or tear develops, the bottom part won't become a cup that contains dirt, water etc. Any foreighn material accumulated will just fall down around the strut and to the ground.

If tied, and not using the OEM part, they may be a little to rigid, with corresponding wear issues which could lead to the issues listed above.
Even with the OEM tied to the strut, the risk of foreign material floating around the cup after a split/tear is possible.

I would like to hear other people's opinions on this, I doubt there is a definitive answer, but who knows?

MOM

#22 gav240z

gav240z

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 12,634 posts
  • Tagline:Jack of all trades, master of none.

Posted 01 December 2005 - 12:24 PM

Hi guys,
The Tokico's have made such a huge difference compared to the worn out Koni reds that were in there.

The car handles alot better but is a very harsh ride on the street even on the setting of 2 out of 5. I've driven a car with Koni yellows but can't really compare because it's been so long.

The springs I'm using are unknown in terms of rating since they were on the car since the PO. They are slightly lower king springs and if you ask me they are fairly firm I would guess 200lbs + but have nothing to back it up.

The biggest help has been since installing Recaro's before the ride was alot harder on myself and the passenger the seats have improved things dramatically.

The let down now for me is the Tyres on the car. If I push the car hard enough it wants to stick but the tyres start to let go.

Considering it cost me a total of ~$400 I'm very happy. :D

*Seats not included

#23 luvemfast

luvemfast

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,136 posts

Posted 07 December 2007 - 08:50 AM

Where can I buy some Illumina's?
I've been searching high and low, obviously in the wrong places.......
cheers, Simon

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users