Photo

ranting about anything car related so Lurch doesnt lock it out :o)

• Please log in to reply
202 replies to this topic

#61 mossy

mossy

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,770 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 08:23 PM

Eh? Have I missed something here?

#62 Lightmaster240z

Lightmaster240z

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,595 posts
  • Tagline:I spend to much money on my 240z with ......

Posted 08 June 2009 - 08:52 PM

me and Britney still lov you all even if she not well right now. Fing sorry lurch? I dont think so carry on the way you have I would not have it any other Way. My cents for the day
regards
Bruce   

#63 xa1973

xa1973

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 666 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 09:04 PM

Oozla..youve got to be f@#$%&g joking, surely you cant be serious.....

#64 Zeddophile

Zeddophile

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 987 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 09:20 PM

Eh? Have I missed something here?

Yes.  So did I, but I know where to find all the things I miss now.  Its not worth knowing about, but Lurch, I have to wonder - what was the point of deleting all the posts relevant to the topic, to then go and rant in such a way that there is no question who it is directed at?  You may as well have left the original threads up.

Although, considering the pages and pages of removed replies I'm seeing, I think I understand your frustration - but unfortunately, the internet is like that - rambling and never on topic for more than a moment.

And XA1973....  whats the point of bringing a now deleted topic back out into the open?  If you feel you want to keep discussing it, why not pursue it via PM, rather than starting a big s***fight out in the open which may drive away some of the members around here who really just want to talk about Zeds and not get caught up in 'politics'.  Which after all is the thing Lurch (love him or hate him) is always trying to achieve around here, an environment full of rich zed discussion and solid information without all the bulls*** that goes on in almost ANY other auto forum.

Going into my council mandated fireproof shelter now.

#65 reverendzed

reverendzed

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,717 posts
  • Tagline:I'm Dave & Yes! I'm a real Revhead..er Reverend...

Posted 08 June 2009 - 09:59 PM

I don't regularly dip into the pool of what is right/not right/ or appropriate on the forum as i have noticed with guys like Gav, Sulio and Lurch things are moderated very well and I am very thankful to be part of an online community with a passion for Zeds.  I think as zeddophile said this forum has immense value as an information resource but also a way of linking like minded people with a common interest.  I have no idea what was deleted but I will say that some of the ping pong innuendo that seems to accompany some posts becomes a little tedious after a while. Lurch's efforts to maintain the integrity of the site as a valuable resource for Zed enthusiasts should be commended.
Rev.

#66 Zedman240®

Zedman240®

The 2000+ club

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,198 posts
  • Tagline:I want your old SHOGUN bike! PM me now...

Posted 08 June 2009 - 10:02 PM

I don't regularly dip into the pool of what is right/not right/ or appropriate on the forum as i have noticed with guys like Gav, Sulio and Lurch things are moderated very well and I am very thankful to be part of an online community with a passion for Zeds.  I think as zeddophile said this forum has immense value as an information resource but also a way of linking like minded people with a common interest.  I have no idea what was deleted but I will say that some of the ping pong innuendo that seems to accompany some posts becomes a little tedious after a while. Lurch's efforts to maintain the integrity of the site as a valuable resource for Zed enthusiasts should be commended.
Rev.

Couldn't have said it better myself.....

#67 Lurch ™

Lurch ™

Curator of the 'Gavin Collection'

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,607 posts
  • Tagline:In my Den of Rust & Sin

Posted 08 June 2009 - 10:08 PM

Zeddophile you are indeed correct - the aforementioned threads were of no use to the original topic. So why leave them there?
I guess I am fighting an uphill battle with some of the off topic comments...

However, a lot of the information posted by members also contains a lot of ramblings - it's a 50/50 mix.
However, I won't tolerate mindless dribble in the technical section & the like.
'Off-Topic' is for that.

#68 gav240z

gav240z

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 12,400 posts
  • Tagline:Jack of all trades, master of none.

Posted 08 June 2009 - 10:53 PM

I'll admit the noise on the forum can be very annoying. However we can't target 1 individual alone. I myself am probably responsible for half of the forum dribble.

I agree keep the noise in the general discussion and off topic areas. Technical sections should be technical discussions.

#69 hannahharstad

hannahharstad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 03:46 AM

AS I was driving home from work yesterday I saw an older man driving on a Harley without a helmet. Why don't people wear helmets???? One wrong turn or a minor detail could happen and your whole face could be scratched off. To make matters worse, they (usually men) take off and drive like the devil on the roads. Why? I want to start seeing more helmets!!  Even one of those motorcycle half helmets won't make me hate you as much!

#70 Lurch ™

Lurch ™

Curator of the 'Gavin Collection'

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,607 posts
  • Tagline:In my Den of Rust & Sin

Posted 01 September 2009 - 07:05 AM

Who the heck are you? when your socks are dry? ???

Are you in the US because from what I can tell, that's pretty common over there...

AS I was driving home from work yesterday I saw an older man driving on a Harley without a helmet. Why don't people wear helmets???? One wrong turn or a minor detail could happen and your whole face could be scratched off. To make matters worse, they (usually men) take off and drive like the devil on the roads. Why? I want to start seeing more helmets!!  Even one of those motorcycle half helmets won't make me hate you as much!

#71 gav240z

gav240z

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 12,400 posts
  • Tagline:Jack of all trades, master of none.

Posted 01 September 2009 - 07:09 AM

Who the heck are you? when your socks are dry? ???

Are you in the US because from what I can tell, that's pretty common over there...

Could be a spammer I'm not sure yet.

hannahharstad could you please introduce yourself in the introduction section? Its quite odd that a member joins and ads a random paragraph such as that to the site.

We offer warm welcomes and hugs all around.

@Lurch yes she's in the US according to her IP address.

#72 RBZ 260

RBZ 260

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,174 posts
  • Tagline:S chassis Nutter

Posted 01 September 2009 - 10:12 AM

geez i forgot about this thread... cant believe it got to 7th page lol got lot of reading to do now.

erm who cares if they dont wear a helmet. obviously they stupid enough and dont see what can happen. just hope he doesnt land on my car it could be a messy clean up for me later... same goes for seatbelts.  >:(

also what i just read on the last few pages.

occasional heat keeps forums interesting till senior sargent Lurch stops it before gets out of hand.
so even sometimes he does spoil the fun but its for the good of this forum and its members... :)

Lurch i know ive been bad boy few times  :-[ but hey i got to make ur job bit more interesting too.. :P
hence i created this thread so it kinda helps people vent off.

now for catching up to see what happend

#73 RBZ 260

RBZ 260

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,174 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 10:46 AM

oooo now i get how certain mystery happend. pitty didn't see the details but i can see the picture...

to tell you the truth im with Lurch on his decision as i felt pretty much the same way. i know im draggin it out from the past and known to stir few things up. also most times the topic moves from the initial subject quite easily and i admit i do it myself. but not intentialy.

anyway another thing that i have to get of my chest.

whats with the negativity on other forums/sites about Jap performance cars...
in particular muscle car forums baggin the crap out of Import Ricer Cars as they commonly known within the muscle car group.

me think they scared  ;D and they have their horse blinkers on.

#74 stevo_gj

stevo_gj

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,561 posts
  • Tagline:Steve

Posted 01 September 2009 - 06:18 PM

I feel the need to rant:

Some old bloke nearly changed lanes into me today, stupid bastard. Too lazy to turn his head and check the lane space next to him. Lucky I was looking at his car when he decided to swerve over. Grr

You can be the best freaking driver in the world and still some idiot will wreck your car and injure/kill you. What I hate is how some of my mates take the attitude that they are reasonably good drivers and therefore can do stupid things like racing in the inner city suburbs and taking corners stupidly fast in their non-performance cars "because they have 8 years driving experience". Doesn't matter how good a driver you are if some idiot loses control and flys towards you. All they are doing is creating high risk situations where if something bad happens they'll have no way of avoiding it.

End rant.

#75 sexual_sushi

sexual_sushi

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,298 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 08:09 PM

You can be the best freaking driver in the world and still some idiot will wreck your car and injure/kill you

I've seen you drive steve-o and I know what category you fall into ;) hahaha

#76 .

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,083 posts
  • Tagline:Past member

Posted 01 September 2009 - 09:17 PM

Thats why I have a non zed daily drive.....which some bar stool screw drivered the locks on both sides....Now I am forced to get in through the hatch. I wonder if it was the same guy that tried to turn Stevo's zed into a motorcycle?? :)

#77 stevo_gj

stevo_gj

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,561 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 11:04 PM

I've seen you drive steve-o and I know what category you fall into ;) hahaha

Yeah I'll pay that, but I don't take stupid risks.

Then again you drive like my Mum so you would say that.

#78 sexual_sushi

sexual_sushi

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,298 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 11:14 PM

Then again you drive like my Mum so you would say that.

take the word 'like' out of that sentence and it would be true ;)

#79 stevo_gj

stevo_gj

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,561 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 11:16 PM

Prrrrrreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeedictable

#80 RBZ 260

RBZ 260

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,174 posts

Posted 02 September 2009 - 10:25 AM

;D ;D ;D guys ..

talk about drivers risk and stupidity sure im not an angel but when i realy want to rip it up i end up going where no ones around late at night usualy in industrial areas with wide roads and no stobie polls to hit.

it usualy ends up me calling my mates to bring a car trailer as i blew the diff or the gbox...

now bit older wouldnt say wiser but more of a tight arse seem to slowed down a fair bit. but still wont give up a good fight.

anyway talking about old fart drivers since stevo almost got cleaned up i had one yesterday trying to climb though the  back of my zed in his falcon.  he was maybe 20cm from my rear bar if that. all i could see is the damn bonnet in my rear view mirror.

kept crawling forward to give more room guess what the bastard does than..... yep closes in again.

traffic moved and hes right up there. still having the brake lights on to warn him, and nope dont work still up my arse.
gave it a squirt than mashed the brakes.  :o that got his eyes open but still kept 20cm away from my z.

got out of the car and walked up to him and said: "excuse me sir do you need glases while u driving" he like "no" i replied :" maybe u should cause u dont see u about to drive ur car in the back of mine. do you mind keeping the distance". got back to my car and waited for the lights.

that didnt work but had a massive clearance in front and there were some loose stones accros the road. so droped the clutch  ::) didnt get near me after that  :P freaking stuborn old man. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users