#1 Lurch ™

Lurch ™

Curator of the 'Gavin Collection'

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,659 posts
  • Tagline:In my Den of Rust & Sin

Posted 04 March 2009 - 08:40 AM

I just thought I better let everyone know before they deal with getting rubbers from them...

Last Thursday I ordered over the phone a new Windscreen seal for the Bus, because I was having a new WS fitted locally.
$140(!) was the list price on the net for the seal, & was informed that postage would be under $10.
I informed them I needed it ASAP & was told "not a problem".
I thought 'well it's more expensive, but at least it'll turn up on time'. Wrong...
I payed via CC & it was debited Sunday to the tune of $165! $15 postage from Oakleigh to Warragul?!?!
AND Debited 4 days AFTER the order was placed?! What the heck...?

Come this morning, still no seal & I make a rather unhappy phone call to them asking why it hasn't turned up.
"Oh, it was posted on Monday, it should be there today or tomorrow."
W T F ???
"Your card hasn't been Debited $165." Yeah it has you knob - I'm looking at the statement now.
Etc. Etc.
More words were said & more strange excuses were given. In the end I gave up.

So, still no seal & the car has to have the new WS fitted before it goes on the Transporter on Monday.

Just be wary when dealing with them guys - I might be a better idea to walk into the shop in Oakleigh & get the rubbers over the counter.
DON'T place an order over the phone...

Lurch - one very unhappy customer.

#2 aegean

aegean

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 03:29 PM

You are not the first I have heard this from. I believe they don't actually produce the seals either - they are made by a company in Sydney.

#3 chris240

chris240

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,194 posts
  • Tagline:When in doubt...mumble.

Posted 04 March 2009 - 05:03 PM

bugger.
I found them ok-ish to deal with...must have been a good week. The rear hatch seal arrived in a coco-pops box...fitted well though.

#4 Zeddophile

Zeddophile

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 987 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 06:39 PM

I'd almost guarantee that the $140 price was before GST....  Lots of auto spares places (and some workshops) quote like this, and it drives me up the wall.

#5 Lurch ™

Lurch ™

Curator of the 'Gavin Collection'

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,659 posts
  • Tagline:In my Den of Rust & Sin

Posted 04 March 2009 - 07:11 PM

Zeddophile, you a quite correct. Stupid me for not looking properly.

#6 DoctorZ

DoctorZ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 08:06 PM

Where else should we get rubber seals from? I always thought these guys were the best option.

#7 sexual_sushi

sexual_sushi

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,298 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 08:10 PM

yeah quoting without gst is a waste of time. its like when the airlines were quoting flights for like $25 but then you  had to add fuel and then add tax etc. and it ended up being $100 anyway. It's like saying oh i'll quote you $50 for a new car but then saying oh you'll have to add the cost of the parts and assembly and oh dont forget my profit in there either.

#8 haul

haul

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 08:20 PM

I have used rare spares, they are sometimes dearer but they are good to deal with.
Tony

#9 marty

marty

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 09:30 AM

Spectrum auto rubber is ok and very fast!! Though I have only ordered stuff for an old hilux from there, not sure if they have z stuff, the z shop isn't to bad either.

#10 aussie240z

aussie240z

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 10:22 AM

Guys, have bought front and rear glasss rubber sets as well as chrome trims and door/beat seals from Waren at Hornsby. Price was good and delivery arrived ith 48 hours exactly as promisd, packed well too. Cant remember the exact price but he quotes over the phone all up price and delivery. He has door seals as well, both the "original" and an after market/cheaper option. orth a call to compare. Re the chrome trims, becuase I had soe pieces from the rear, he offered to look at second hand "good" qualit and then supply the pieces, OR a full set of second hand OR new items. 

#11 Lightmaster240z

Lightmaster240z

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,609 posts
  • Tagline:I spend to much money on my 240z with ......

Posted 05 March 2009 - 10:43 PM

I got rubber door seal from my local autobarn in two days. complete with a phone call to say they were in and a :)

#12 scrumpy

scrumpy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts
  • Tagline:WHADEVER

Posted 16 May 2009 - 04:45 PM

Don'tforget sourcing through ebay USA.  There are some good deals and NOS Nissan rubbers are still available.  Mototrsportauto (MSA) is also a good source.  Precision Rubber make all the US repro rubber seals. From experience though; nothing fits and leaves me happier than a nice supple perfect fitting factory item. It might cost you 20-30 dollars more on Ebay; but it won't leave you cursing at the end result.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users