Photo

Tassie Tour 9-17th Feb 2010 - Pics up P.6! 56k Beware!

• Please log in to reply
106 replies to this topic

#101 620Z

620Z

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,710 posts

Posted 04 March 2010 - 07:40 AM

Ha Ha that's funny Sulio.
You haven't got time to be here. Now go change some napies.  :D

#102 DoctorZ

DoctorZ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 04 March 2010 - 02:17 PM

So which one is Craig?  ;)

#103 zed240au

zed240au

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 376 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 08:13 PM

hi guys thought id update you on trouble at Symon's finally got engine out of zed seems was bit more serious than loose harmonic balancer well that's still on motor need bigger puller to get it off so tight lol
when i struggled to get dipstick out and couldn't get dipstick tube out new things were not pretty in sump
when i got sump off and saw conrod and pieces of piston and lots metal well lets not repeat what i said
what Ive seen so far broken timing chain, broken number 6 rod, top half of number 6 piston still in the bore along with mangled crank and nasty marks in block oh and mangled windage tray lol

oh well might be time for upgrade anyone no best place to get sell scrap metal

mick

#104 Lurch ™

Lurch ™

Curator of the 'Gavin Collection'

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,725 posts
  • Tagline:In my Den of Rust & Sin

Posted 08 March 2010 - 09:11 PM

hi guys thought id update you on trouble at Symon's finally got engine out of zed seems was bit more serious than loose harmonic balancer well that's still on motor need bigger puller to get it off so tight lol
when i struggled to get dipstick out and couldn't get dipstick tube out new things were not pretty in sump
when i got sump off and saw conrod and pieces of piston and lots metal well lets not repeat what i said
what Ive seen so far broken timing chain, broken number 6 rod, top half of number 6 piston still in the bore along with mangled crank and nasty marks in block oh and mangled windage tray lol

oh well might be time for upgrade anyone no best place to get sell scrap metal

mick

:o
Well at least you did it properly Mick!

#105 620Z

620Z

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,710 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 08:29 AM

Ahhhh Nikck. I am sorry to hear that mate. Terrible news. I think most of us have been there and share your pain. A lot of money down the drain. Sometimes doing the Tassie roads for a week beofre highlights any possible problems (except brakes if you ignore the signs) before hitting the track.  Oh well save the pennies and go bigger and better.
Good luck and keep us posted.

#106 DoctorZ

DoctorZ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 07:21 PM

Wow that sucks mate, hope someone got some video of the car on the track before it spat the metal dummy  :(

#107 zed240au

zed240au

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 376 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 09:49 PM

thanks lurch if jobs worth doing got do it right still shocked it didnt make more noise
nah no video
shouldnt be off road long have another long engine ready to go just need windage tray and dipstick from states to suit camaro sump

now will i fit a cam while im at it choices choices
mick

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users