Photo

Tassie Tour 9-17th Feb 2010 - Pics up P.6! 56k Beware!

• Please log in to reply
106 replies to this topic

#41 620Z

620Z

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,710 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 08:10 AM

Good news I got the car Dyno'd last night and sorted out my electrical problem. A new coil was the order of the day and ended up with 305klw at the rear. Down a little on last time but still not too bad. So my car is now a certain starter now. I wasn't sure the problem would be found and fixed prior to the trip. But a great operator soon sorted out my problem.
Not long to go now. I hope you all have started packing. Don't forget the race helmet and 2-way. As usual this will be an awesome trip. Look forward to seeing you all in the line up for the boat. Probably best we all park out the front with 2-ways on channel 16 before heading onto the boat.
Cheers

#42 jwintr33

jwintr33

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Tagline:New Member

Posted 28 January 2010 - 09:19 PM

Hi. Is there a time table laid out for the Tassie trip. Need to work out when to get time off work. And where to meet up at.

#43 620Z

620Z

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,710 posts

Posted 29 January 2010 - 07:34 AM

PM me your email address and I will send you some details. would be good if you can hook up with a few other Zed locals to come along and catch up. I am pretty sure we will see 2 or 3 other locals rock up at some time or another. They are currently on the email list.
Guy's in Tassie not sure if you want to meet up somewhere specific at one place or not. But dinner is definately on the cards in Hobart.
Cheers

#44 zed240au

zed240au

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 376 posts

Posted 29 January 2010 - 10:54 PM

Hi guys off to symons plains for power cruise tomorrow and sunday should be plenty of rubber laid this weekend so ill be able to tell u what track is like for track day
hoping to have lot of fun with zed up there surprise few people get run on dyno and few burnouts lol plus got couple of grudge races lined up
like to catch up with group wednesday night or thursday night for drink or meal while your up the top of island new business is keeping me busy plus working last few days at old job so wont be able to cruise rest of trip with

ill let u know what track is like end of weekend

mick

#45 JPav_260z

JPav_260z

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts
  • Tagline:New Member

Posted 30 January 2010 - 04:20 PM

Hi, I'm also intersted in meeting up with you all in Hobart, I think a set time and place for a meet up would be a good idea, maybe at Marieville Esplanade in Sandy Bay. Looking forward to actually seeing some other zeds down here. Cheers, John

#46 DoctorZ

DoctorZ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 03 February 2010 - 11:14 PM

I"m now living in Launceston (moved 4 months ago) and was looking forward to meeting some of you guys at Symmons but my 260z is still in SA!!!
doh!! Don't have a way to get it over here at the moment, maybe next year?! :'(

#47 Lurch ™

Lurch ™

Curator of the 'Gavin Collection'

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,684 posts
  • Tagline:In my Den of Rust & Sin

Posted 04 February 2010 - 06:06 AM

Nothing to say you can't meet up with us along the way - you dont have to be in your Zed ;)

#48 620Z

620Z

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,710 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 07:42 AM

There seems to be a lot of interest from locals to catch up with us while we are down there. (Shame none of you are joining us on the drive around the state you were all welcome  ;)) Anyway my suggestion is that Sunday night 14th Feb we meet up somewhere in the heart of town for dinner. We are in there anyway and have a big day planned so don't want to drive anywhere that evening. Hence the location of our accommodation. Walking distance of everything. Again I suggest all you Tassie guys try to get together and give us a hoy or PM me as one.
We have had a few invitations to drop in meet & greet along our route and while much appreciated it would make things difficult with working out times etc. Hence Hobart or the track day seem to be the best options.
I have done a lot of organising to bring this awesome trip together. So the last thing I want to do with less than week to go is contact 8 different people on the off chance of trying to set something up. And I mean that in a nice way.  :D
We are keen to meet you all and our cars will be in town Sunday. So if you want to catch up early 6-7pm for a bear and a bit of a look/chat at our cars let us know or later for dinner via a PM. Leave your email or phone number and something should get sorted.
Less than a week to go. Woooohoooo

#49 DoctorZ

DoctorZ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 06 February 2010 - 09:43 AM

I'm keen to see you guys at track day and take some video.
I've PM'd for some more info, looking forward to it!

#50 620Z

620Z

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,710 posts

Posted 08 February 2010 - 08:08 AM

Well Tassie boys. 2 days to go. The weather is looking perfect so throw in a towel and togs. As we by pass a few great swimming beach's during our travels.
The boat departs at 7.30 so I plan on meeting you all out the front between 6 & 6.30 tomorrow night before we all board.
My car is raring to go & finally packed over the weekend so nothing to do but drive out Tuesday arvo for a great week.
Look forward to that beer on the boat and catching up with a few locals during our travels.
Cheers

#51 DoctorZ

DoctorZ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 08 February 2010 - 08:41 AM

Thanks for the trackday info Craig, looking forward to seeing you all there. Please stay safe on our roads  ;D

#52 MaygZ

MaygZ

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,458 posts
  • Website:http://www.viczcar.com/forum/index.php/topic,7841.0.html
  • Tagline:We all started somewhere. Where are you Lurch???

Posted 08 February 2010 - 03:42 PM

Have a great trip fellas.  Be safe.

#53 ZED660

ZED660

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 08 February 2010 - 06:17 PM

Take care and watch out for the bikes!  The Ducati Tourismo is on this week with several hundred Ducatis touring!! :) around the Apple Isle (of Man!)

#54 Kodie

Kodie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 08 February 2010 - 08:02 PM

das is true, they were all on the boat saturday night

#55 Lurch ™

Lurch ™

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,684 posts

Posted 08 February 2010 - 08:26 PM

Awww crap... So now we have to dodge bikes as well as Sunday drivers, 'Caravaners', people on Bicycles, pedestrians, the wildlife...

#56 Thomo260

Thomo260

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 08 February 2010 - 08:36 PM

See you all 2moro arvo guy's. One more sleep.

#57 Lightmaster240z

Lightmaster240z

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,613 posts
  • Tagline:I spend to much money on my 240z with ......

Posted 08 February 2010 - 10:11 PM

Yea one more sleep and it off to tas with me  ;D ;D ;D

#58 620Z

620Z

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,710 posts

Posted 09 February 2010 - 08:14 AM

Hmmmmm hopefully we aren't in the same area as the bikes at the same time. Whilst I love a Duc and would have one if I reckoned I wouldn't kill myself it sounds like we might have a few people down there then.
Should be an awesome trip (as usual) See you at the boat tonight.
Cheers

#59 Kodie

Kodie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 09 February 2010 - 08:43 AM

You wont see them, they have plotted the dullest course known to man. No targa roads as far as I understand.

#60 Lurch ™

Lurch ™

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,684 posts

Posted 10 February 2010 - 12:14 PM

Currently sitting in a cafe in Stanly haveing lunch & a coffee.
About to walk up 'The Nut'.

Oh & Dave washed his 350Z again...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users