Tassie Tour 9-17th Feb 2010 - Pics up P.6! 56k Beware!

C.A.R.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hmmmmm hopefully we aren't in the same area as the bikes at the same time. Whilst I love a Duc and would have one if I reckoned I wouldn't kill myself it sounds like we might have a few people down there then.

Should be an awesome trip (as usual) See you at the boat tonight.

Cheers

The weather report at work (usually more spot on compared to the news) said that it will be raining tomorrow! There has been some extra activity up that way lately due to a new mining site ramping up so watch out for trucks, as much as Zeds are tough a truck is always tougher :P

I'll be taking my video camera to track day (if that's ok?) and I'm sure others will have camera's also, hopefully we will have something to stick on youtube for everyone.

Damn I wish I had my Zed here with me  :( Anyone know a really cheap way to get a Zed from SA to TAS without registration?!

:( Anyone know a really cheap way to get a Zed from SA to TAS without registration?!

If it runs and is safe to drive, then get Unregistered vehicle permits (probably in the 3 states) and drive it back.  Each permit will be about $20 and will cover your TAC insurance and prevent nasty fines.

I don't know, but maybe just one from SA will cover the whole trip.  You just need a single trip permit and they are cheap.  A call to the SA version of VicRoads or RTA (I can't remember what it is called over there) will answer that question for you.

If it's not running, then I can't think of a cheaper way than going and picking it up on a trailer and driving it back.  Pretty sure you can take a trailer onto the ferry (will probably cost the same as 2 cars though).

If it runs and is safe to drive, then get Unregistered vehicle permits (probably in the 3 states) and drive it back.  Each permit will be about $20 and will cover your TAC insurance and prevent nasty fines.

I don't know, but maybe just one from SA will cover the whole trip.  You just need a single trip permit and they are cheap.  A call to the SA version of VicRoads or RTA (I can't remember what it is called over there) will answer that question for you.

If it's not running, then I can't think of a cheaper way than going and picking it up on a trailer and driving it back.  Pretty sure you can take a trailer onto the ferry (will probably cost the same as 2 cars though).

A permit is the way to go. You have to take the permit out in the state that the car originates but you can have it for up to 20 days i think? Doesnt matter which states you cross. The whole process is pretty easy, been a couple of months since I had one but the last one I got from memory was $40 to cover the zed for 3 days whilst coming over on the boat.

Oh by the way you can take a trailer on the spirit but from memory (been a long time since I last did it) it wasn't all that bad, having said that we went over in a group so we might have got it cheaper.

Had an good run down last night to cradle mountain, catching up with 'Bluerat' on the way down.

Hellyer Gorge was off the chart!

Oh & Dave washed his 350Z again, Craig washed his screen for the umteenth time & Bruce has blown his ankle out...

Thanks for the info on the unregistered vehicle permits fellas, sounds like the way to go. The car does run but I might get my brother to do a couple of things on it for me before taking the plunge to get it from the Barossa to Launceston!

Does anyone know how many people ended up coming over for the Tassie tour in the end? I counted it at about 11 or 12 but I don't know if that's cars or people?

c'mon track day!!!

Made the long drive down to Hobart today, from strahan.

Awesome roads! Bit wet though...

Heading out tonight for a feed & whatnot.

If your a Zed nut in hobart,  come down for a drink!

Oh four zero zero zero five four five seven two.

Just got back in from the Burney Island Eco. Tour - was a good way to spend they day. Weather was great too!

Getting there was a pita though...

Oh &  Dave washed his 350Z again, I got sunburnt on my face & I got to drive Evo's... Err Evan's S15 :)

Good stuff Lurch, I still haven't seen some of the places you've been to and I live here (although it's only been 4 and a bit months).

I'm not sure what Hunter meant by rosebery, is that a vehicle inspection place or something? and no I haven't been there  :)

Lurcher von Papsmear !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hope that isnt an indication as to why you actually went to Tassie ..........LOL

Hurry up and upload some pics from the Continent Tour for us poor souls back here on the Island.

Good stuff Lurch, I still haven't seen some of the places you've been to and I live here (although it's only been 4 and a bit months).

I'm not sure what Hunter meant by rosebery, is that a vehicle inspection place or something? and no I haven't been there  :)

lol