Photo

Tassie Tour 9-17th Feb 2010 - Pics up P.6! 56k Beware!

• Please log in to reply
106 replies to this topic

#21 620Z

620Z

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,710 posts

Posted 09 November 2009 - 07:49 AM

No worries Bruce. Bring him along. Any other interested parties please let me know as we will have to start booking soon. Cheers

#22 Kodie

Kodie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 29 November 2009 - 03:25 PM

You've got mail Craig!

#23 620Z

620Z

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,710 posts

Posted 30 November 2009 - 08:46 AM

Hi Guys. Well all is going well. At this Saturdays BBQ I will hand out the itinery and Accommodation details along with contact numbers to start booking etc. Any people on the list for the Tassie trip that can't make it to the BBQ will get the details direct via email early next week. If you don't get it and want it by then let me know and I will forward details to you.
Finally got my gear box in yesterday and tested her out on the hoist. All seems OK. Will test run when I take it home from Gordon's place next Saturday. Just another $4,500- down the drain on my car.  :( But should improve the cars performance on the track and give me a smoother ride. Bring on Tassie.  ;D
Cheers

#24 620Z

620Z

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,710 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 12:06 PM

OK I have done a bit of home work. At the moment we have 9 people coming from Victoria and 4 locals in Tassie who will link up with us for the race day and or other times in Hobart. Slackers don't seem to want to cruise around with us? Maybe because they can do it any time.
Anyway I ran some costs and excluding the track day (which is $120-) us Vic people are looking at $970- for all Accommodation and boat trip over and back in a Cabin. I have only gotten top quality accommodation in Hobart at Somerset since it is in the heart of town. The rest is clean, self contained and cheap when shared. I figure we won't be in those long since we will be out for tea most nights. Anyway the links or email/internet sites will be sent out direct to attendies. Remember it might be easier or cheaper to bring some cerial or bread for toast for breaky and you can save some more bucks plus it might be more convenient.
Attendies are:-
Me - Craig in 260Z
Gordon in his GTR
Lurch maybe in Sulio's Zed?
Bruce & mate in his Zed
Thomo in 260z
Wes & Magie 260z
Spawn - Launceston

and possibly a few others yet to confirm.
Tassie people (2) talking about hooking up later are:-
Mick - Zed240au for Symmons day
Hodgo - Bluerat for Symmons day

Contact me direct if any questions. Going to be a great trip as usual.  ;D
Regards

#25 Kodie

Kodie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 12:21 PM

I will more than likely be tagging along the whole way, might be in a Q45 or a micra :)

#26 Scando

Scando

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 932 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 11:42 AM

Looks like I won't make the track day.  Just got our calendar for next year and our first round is at Symmons on the 14th of Feb!

#27 zedevan

zedevan

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,347 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 07:09 PM

hey craig, i'm keen! i sent you an email to what i believe is your work address.

could you please email me through the details i need to know, and missed out on hearing on saturday? my address is evan at cobaltniche.com

thanks! it sounds awesome

#28 Lurch ™

Lurch ™

Curator of the 'Gavin Collection'

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,684 posts
  • Tagline:In my Den of Rust & Sin

Posted 07 December 2009 - 07:22 PM

Looks like I won't make the track day.  Just got our calendar for next year and our first round is at Symmons on the 14th of Feb!

Never mind Shane - you still up for drinkies in Hobart though?

Evan, you better make damn sure you can afford to come.
We had people pull out at the 11th hour last year & they haven't been invited back...

#29 620Z

620Z

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,710 posts

Posted 08 December 2009 - 09:10 AM

Ha Ha go Lurch.
You'll be right Evan. Have sent you the itinery with contact, costs etc. Make sure a spare $300- or so for petrol and food for the week I guess.
We will all have to start booking by the end of this week I think.
I will send an email direct to those coming in the next few days.
Cheers

#30 Scando

Scando

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 932 posts

Posted 08 December 2009 - 12:56 PM

Never mind Shane - you still up for drinkies in Hobart though?

Yeah, definately.  Will most likely take the day off work to come for a look at the track day too.

#31 620Z

620Z

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,710 posts

Posted 09 December 2009 - 11:48 AM

OK a quick update.
We now have 9 people confirmed going. 8 from Melb & one local.
We have 4 maybe's who will be getting back to me shortly and 3 local's turning up at the track day. Some to race.
Can anyone who hasn't gotten an email direct from me please PM me with their direct email address. Then I can send on details and keep you in the loop. Kodie "Spawn" can you please do that again? I can't find yours. Thanks. We will probably start booking on Friday. I will send out one last direct email tomorrow/Thursday with instructions and suggested groupings.
Cheers

#32 620Z

620Z

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,710 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 09:25 AM

Supp Tassie Crew! I hope we all had a good Chrissy.
Well we are only a month away and all seems to be in order. Except for me needing a bloody RWC on my car. Hopefully early next week.
Anyway this is just a reminder that if you plan on doing the track day at Symmons Plains you will need to pack a helmet. Also it is almost mandatory that each car have a minimum 2watt 2-way Radio for communication. Most of us have 5 watters. So if you don't have one then I suggest you either buy or borrow one for this trip. Communication is vital and if you don't have one you won't know what is going on whilst driving around. A great tool to keep us all safe and well informed.
Oh it sounds like Sulio is keen to fly over for the last few days. Lurch will be driving his car around for that week and Dave Chambers is still trying to get there in his TT 350Z.
Another update due in a weeks time.
Cheers

#33 WogsRus

WogsRus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 351 posts
  • Tagline:New Member

Posted 06 January 2010 - 02:05 PM

Well if your down hobart way and you need a garage to work in, let me know, i live at old beach so just a short drive from town, there aint many thinks i can't fix or get my hands on to sought out.

#34 620Z

620Z

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,710 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 07:46 AM

Well thanks for the offer of a garage. Are you able to give me your phone number or PM me with it. Just in case we have a problem with one of the 8 cars coming down. We probably needed it 2 years ago when we had an over heating problem with the Supra. Although I think it ended up just being the car that ran hot regardless.
And feel free to come out for dinner when we are in town.
Cheers

#35 WogsRus

WogsRus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 351 posts
  • Tagline:New Member

Posted 07 January 2010 - 08:47 AM

No probs you have Pm, whens the dinner again, humm i beter read teh whole post now. LOL.

#36 Lurch ™

Lurch ™

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,684 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 01:04 PM

BTW, to everyone coming: please make sure you pack a pair of dress shoes.
I was told by a couple of bars/clubs in Hobart that I couldn't enter because I was wearing Sneakers ???
Sounds silly, but it's true.

#37 PZG302

PZG302

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,772 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 01:16 PM

BTW, to everyone coming: please make sure you pack a pair of dress shoes.
I was told by a couple of bars/clubs in Hobart that I couldn't enter because I was wearing Sneakers ???
Sounds silly, but it's true.

Lurch, the problem wasn't that you had sneakers on, the issue was the fact you had shoes on at all ;D

#38 Lightmaster240z

Lightmaster240z

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,613 posts
  • Tagline:I spend to much money on my 240z with ......

Posted 07 January 2010 - 01:17 PM

I have now packed my tux for the day at siimon plain  ::)
33 day to go now
regrads
Bruce

#39 620Z

620Z

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,710 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 07:43 AM

Just got confirmation yesterday. We have Dave Chambers as a late entry coming down in his Twin Turbo 350Z. He had a ball last time and finally got the OK for time off work. Looks like Symmons Plains will be pushing some good times for a few of the cars. I know last time it got a bit competitive. Ha.

#40 Lurch ™

Lurch ™

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,684 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 09:06 AM

If anyone has a Zed on full rego.  they could lend me for the trip, I'd LOVE to hear from you.
:(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users