Shannons Show and Shine, 22nd March 09 (Old Parliament House)

sco_aus

Hey guys, Shannons Show and Shine on the lawns of Old Parliament House is coming up on Sunday 22nd March 2009.  Was wondering if anyone is interested in going?  It is similar to Marque in the Park, however it usually draws a bigger crowd and hopefully wont be freezing this time..

I finish work at 7am that morning and will come along, but if there are enough numbers, could someone else please organise it?

Put your name in the list below if you want to come:

sco_aus - Scott, 260Z 2 seater.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Well, there has been a recent ban as of Dec 08 on any car displays using grassed areas in the ACT because apparently its too hard to keep up with maintanance and that the car clubs should use car park areas instead.  This means to get a grassed area, we have to hire out EPIC or go to Queanbeyan or Goulbourn.  Maybe the Queanbeyan Race course is a better place, then at least the ACT doesnt make any revenue from it and they can stick up their arse for being such snobby wankers?

I will keep everyone informed if I hear anything else.

I hate Canberra.

"Oh oh lookie here, there is something that makes us lots of money and brings people to Canberra. Oh but because it contains cars lets ban it and put a photo exebition on instead of male ballet dancers in tight leotards so we can actually look at them and not be called gay like we actually are. No one else will come eather so we can all bat each other off."

I'm glad i live in the Town of Tuggeranong. Might still be in ACT but there is a gap and hills between south Canberra and Tuggeranong.

• 4 weeks later...

Well, you have just tentative registered.  Thats all you need to do, then since Miika is organising it, he will pass on numbers to the organisers and they will do the rest.  If we dont get all the numbers we wanted, it doesnt matter. 

Im a 50% chance..

This is actually my favourite car display of the year..Its definetely on, spoke to Roy at Shannons in Fyshwick last week. The minister stepped in to allow the display to go on.

Hey Dorifticon, are you in Canberra ?

....Hey Angelus, Dingo Dave sounds much better  ;)

here is the blow-by-blow account of the long-running battle to turn my 260z into a daily driver.  Dunno if the rust repairs will be as professional as yours, since we are basically a couple of douchebags in a shed with a welder, but the painting itself was done by a pro.

Andrew

http://ozdat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=9696&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&hilit=Andrew%27s&start=105

taken from the last page of the spotto thread.

btw, i'll be wandering around, no car as such though :(

Hi guys, I've emailed them and told them we'd like to register for the event. They sent me back a form saying what's going to happen on the day. It seems to work a lot like Marques in the Park did, just turn up on time and find out where you'll be setting up and then park and enjoy. I think we should turn up early, so about 7am.

Map of the area after the jump. http://www.actmotorclubs.org.au/download.cfm?DownloadFile=71A10EF3-C928-E700-CFD12B563923B914

I think it's all going to be set out like last year so head to section A.

Remember this is a charity event so remember to bring some money to donate. Money is going to the Prostate Cancer Foundation.

The Council of ACT Motor Clubs is also selling 'wheel' badges for $8 each, if you want some let me know and I can pre-order them. You can see some examples at the bottom of this page - http://www.actmotorclubs.org.au/go/shannons-wheels-2008

Cheers

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Welcome to

Shannons Wheels Motoring Expo

22thMarch 2009

Lawns of Old Parliament House, Canberra ACT

The following information is for members, entrants, store holders, vendors and marshals. This information is important and must be followed to ensure smooth running of the day. If there are any foreseeable problems, please call John Darragh ASAP on (02) 4844 5225.

Members/ Entrants:

ARIVAL is between 7am and 9am via following Roads.

Lawn A: Entry via drive way opposite Questacon, off King Edward Terrace Rd

Lawn B: Entry via King Edward Terrace Rd

Lawn C: Entry via Parks Place West Rd

Lawn D: Entry via Parks Place East Rd

Please take direction from Marshalls stationed at your street entrance. Please avoid coming at the last minute to avoid congestion.

Marshalls:

ARIVAL is at 6.30am in front of Questacon.

You will be given a jacket, clipboard and assigned a street entrance. Please bring your membership card as a form of ID and your mobiles for communication throughout the day.

Store Holders/Vendors:

ARIVAL is between 7am and 9am.

ENTRY is via King Edward Terrace Rd

Your contact on the day is John Taylor 0412 866 979 who will issue you with your site details and information.

ALL: A map is available at wheels@actmotorclub.org.au

Please make sure you are all responsible with garbage and keep your area clean. Bins will be provided, however, please take rubbish with you were possible. Lets leave this beautiful area as we found it.

The beneficiary for Shannons Wheels Motoring Expo is the Prostate Council of ACT who will be collecting money on the day.

Unfortunately I cannot make the show this weekend, I have a very sick family member in Moss Vale and it may be the last chance i get to visit her.

Take plenty of pictures though, and I'm super keen to see Dorifticon's red 260Z, as well as Scott's new paint job! We should maybe meet for a small cruise on a month or so?

Thats sucks dude.  Hope it turns out well mate.

Shame you are going to miss out, but it will be on next year etc, so no big rush and i'm all for going for another cruise.  I "detailed" the car today, I am a spastic and dont understand paint though, so i have decided to leave the sanding and cutting/polishing etc to someone that gets it and has patients.

We'll miss you on the day Josh, but I hope you get some quality time with your family.  dorifticon I'll pm you my number.

Just want to confirm who is going,  so far it's:

sco_aus,

Cdr Zero,

dorifticon,

Chris240 (50% chance)

Chris do you know if you can make it?  Does anyone else want to come? It's a really fantastic day with many many great cars.  It'd be an awesome day to fly the Z flag high.

Cheers