RB25DET Racecar forsale

zr240

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ahahha............I used to race under 2b regs where you had to retain the same family of engine and cylinder head (as all the other Zeds did back in the early 90's).....I did not think of 2a.....I guess the engine is open to anything in 2a???

Well loosely speaking, 2a is like the Sports Sedans of Marque Sports cars, if that makes sense.

They allowed 2a cars to run, when field numbers starting dropping off.

Only problem is 2a also makes sports cars like the Readicals able to compete - & they are damn fast!!!

Can't run in improved production unless it's a 2+2 as it is seen as a sports car and not a touring car by CAMS and the FIA.

2a is for open or closed sports cars. Basically pretty much anything goes as long as it's under 6000cc in engine size and has a 2 seat body that meets specified minimum sizes as per the CAMS manual.

Marque sports, or 2B is for production sports cars of which a certain number have been produced for sale to the public and are also on the eligible car list amended from time to time by CAMS. 2B has a fairly strict rule structure, that does allow some freedoms in material for body parts and modification to the suspension. Mechanically a 2B car must run the same motor type as the standard car, for a Z that means L series block and head that came off an L series block, so the cross flow FIA heads are eligible, if you can find one. Also gear boxes must have the same number of ratios and use the standard housing, but the gears themselves are free.

Basically Ash's car can run as a 2A car only, but can be invited to run with other categories if invited by the meeting organiser. I know in NSW he would not get an invite to run in Prod Sports at the moment. In Qld he would be able to run as the state series is a combination of 2A, 2B and 2F cars.

In hillclimbs and sprints the car would be classed as a 2A sports car and run as such.

Problem nowdays is that a Z built to 2B rules is not competive any more, and will never be competitive in 2A with the one offs running there.

Yeh, these are all the problems I will have, since I will have to race in NSW.  IPRA wont take me, the 2A series is filled with cars with $200k+ spent on them so I wont be competative and after seeing some of the accidents from hillclimbs, I wonder whther I want to take that risk, im getting old. lol

Yeh, these are all the problems I will have, since I will have to race in NSW.  IPRA wont take me, the 2A series is filled with cars with $200k+ spent on them so I wont be competative and after seeing some of the accidents from hillclimbs, I wonder whther I want to take that risk, im getting old. lol

Pitty you don't live in Tassie.  Your car would be perfect for the class I run in.  So would Ash's car with ADR approved tyres fitted.

The Prod Sports series is for 2B, and $200K is cheap :o I know how much some of those guys have spent on building the cars and how much they cost to run, very scary for me, so mine will run in hillclimbs and I'll buy a 2F MX5 in the next coupleof years to play circuit racer again.

yeh.  The bloke that rewired my car races MX5s and does very well, though they are a little homo, I would be tempted considering it could probly be built for around $20k and he would probly sponsor..

Anyways, sorry to hijack the thread Ash, though you are getting free bumps :D

I would definetly get another s/c mx5 for a track car if I had the money, it can easily beat a lot of other so called performance cars on the track, sorry for the hijack  ;D

yup my old turbo mx5 used to out perform a lot of cars. The guy that bought it off me is now doing 55's around P.I.

Well the dodge viper that runs in 2b is doing 36's at the island now :)

Tassie would be good fun. was thinking of bringing my other car down for a run one day as it runs sewmislicks and has a 2b logbook?

Ash

Well the dodge viper that runs in 2b is doing 36's at the island now :)

Tassie would be good fun. was thinking of bringing my other car down for a run one day as it runs sewmislicks and has a 2b logbook?

Ash

Yep, the only rules for our 'targa class' is that the engine block must be made of the same material and have the same configeration (ie. in line 6) as the original.  You have to run on DOT approved tyres and there are a few other rules to stop the cars turning into sports sedans but it's pretty relaxed.  It's the biggest class in Tassie by far and we even have a couple of guys that come over from interstate to do every round!

Yer sounds interesting scando.

If its easy to get could you post up the rules/regs and calendar for 2009.

Thanks

Ash

The rounds of our series are highlighted in blue on this calendar:

http://www.hobartsportingcarclub.org/events.html

I'll see if I can find the rules sheet and post it up.

That sounds like fun Scando, I would love to even enter just 1 just to try it out, would they let me do that or do you have to sign up for the full season?

You can enter just one round.  The entry fee is normally around $200.