#1 sco_aus

sco_aus

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,484 posts
  • Tagline:Scott

Posted 13 February 2006 - 09:00 AM

Does anyone know what diameter the struts are on 1977 260Z (nissan) oz spec? My car is in Canberra so I can't measure it.

#2 240ZR

240ZR

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 13 February 2006 - 09:57 AM

55mm!

#3 sco_aus

sco_aus

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,484 posts

Posted 13 February 2006 - 11:35 AM

cheers

#4 sco_aus

sco_aus

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,484 posts

Posted 19 February 2006 - 10:59 AM

Ok, I went around the car and measured the struts, the rear are around 51mm but the fronts are around 55mm, what the hell is going on there?
Did it come like this or has someone before me decided to throw something else in there? Well anyway if you know of any adjustable coilover kits for these sizes please refer to my add in the classifieds.

#5 lambs

lambs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 19 February 2006 - 11:54 AM

Ok, I went around the car and measured the struts, the rear are around 51mm but the fronts are around 55mm, what the hell is going on there?
Did it come like this or has someone before me decided to throw something else in there? Well anyway if you know of any adjustable coilover kits for these sizes please refer to my add in the classifieds.

They've been changed for some reason, maybe an accident or just convenience.

The threaded sleaves + adjusting nuts used to make 'coil overs' are available in different ID's from aftermarket suppliers (eg Meridian Motorsport), but I know someone that can make 'specials' if needed. Small ID springs are available wound to your specs from places like Browns Spring Works (around $250 a set of 4). It's the just a matter of the top spring seat, which is also a 'special'.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users