162 replies to this topic

#41 NZeder

NZeder

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,291 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 07:25 PM

I think I want to marry those flares (I'm sure this is allowed in NZ....I kid I kid! :P), I don't know what the missus will say though......

My wife things I have ;D
Back to the painting I just have to wait for the booth to be cleaned and washed down to the real stuff can go on ;)

#42 NZeder

NZeder

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,291 posts

Posted 01 July 2009 - 02:22 PM

Ok sorry for the delay in an update - due to deadlines on other work in the shop mine again was on the back burner....but this was the other day of the underside/underbelly :) while the guys were putting seam sealer all around the place.
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

And this is from today - I popped into the shop at lunch time. The top coat of 907 is going on all this later this week - so I will pop over later and get some more pics then :) can't wait to see how it comes out in 907 :)

Anyway enjoy I know I am :)
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#43 acf321

acf321

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 747 posts

Posted 01 July 2009 - 04:26 PM

Mike that looks completely fantastic .. will look really awsome when the green gets added. Do keep us posted.

Just out of interest, is that paint underneath stone guard? If so, it looks the goods and should keep things tidy for at least the next 40 yrs !!!

#44 Zedman240®

Zedman240®

The 2000+ club

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,198 posts
  • Tagline:I want your old SHOGUN bike! PM me now...

Posted 01 July 2009 - 04:51 PM

It's going to be a shame to dirty up all that undercarriage!! hehehe..Looking good  8)

#45 NZeder

NZeder

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,291 posts

Posted 01 July 2009 - 05:45 PM

Got a txt on the way home from work - I have been told the 907 looks good - so I will pop over tomorrow and get some more pics :) can't wait.

#46 waxhead

waxhead

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 533 posts

Posted 01 July 2009 - 09:48 PM

This thing is nuts
awesome job

#47 gav240z

gav240z

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 12,662 posts
  • Tagline:Jack of all trades, master of none.

Posted 01 July 2009 - 10:13 PM

Nice work, can't wait to see it in colour. The green should be awesome, especially with the Gold Wat's.

#48 GTS-Retro

GTS-Retro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 09:08 AM

i have just read thru your build instead of working,, time well spent this car is beautiful cant wait to see the colour on it.

#49 NZeder

NZeder

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,291 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 10:04 AM

i have just read thru your build instead of working,, time well spent this car is beautiful cant wait to see the colour on it.

Thanks man - and since you asked for it - colour applied :) GP Green 907 factory 240z/Z432 colour was discontinued in 71 as Nissan replaced with different green.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#50 garvice

garvice

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,037 posts
  • Website:http://www.viczcar.com/forum/index.php/topic,9260.0.html

Posted 02 July 2009 - 04:26 PM

Looking good mate.
It is a lot lighter then I was expecting though. I thought the 907 was a dark green?
Doesn't look as light as the metallic green they had though.

#51 NZeder

NZeder

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,291 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 04:44 PM

me too but it does depend on the light - the flash makes it brighter

#52 acf321

acf321

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 747 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 05:37 PM

Mike .... the car looks freaking awsome ... can't wait to see it completed and in the sun.

Well done mate.... the 13+ years looks like its been well worth the wait

#53 NZeder

NZeder

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,291 posts

Posted 12 July 2009 - 04:47 PM

No pics this time but here an update.

Had the parents and bro over for dinner - Dad was at the shop in the weekend helping (great now that make me look bad - Dad at the shop working on my car while I was at home playing with the kids and getting firewood in) anyway they painted the inside of the car - Bro tells me the next items get the work are the door jams, hatch area and the engine bay ie the bit you see more often. Then after that is the outside. So 50% of the body painted now with all the detailed/seen areas now on the agenda.

I got my rear brake backing plates on Saturday from the CNC guy - there are few minor changes required so once these are done I will post pics of the setup. But basically I did not give him a set of pads and the radial caliper mounting he made go straight but the pad hands down about 5mm lower than the caliper so the mount needs to have ears as such so the caliper will mount up with the pads installed. Not a big deal it is removing stuff not adding it back on :)

Anyway the setup will be this.

Mitsubishi Evo IV rear rotors = 284mmx20mm (these have a 90mm centre bore so I have some locating rings made that match my RS Watanabes, the rotors 90mm and the stock stub axle 68mm these are pressed onto the stub axles)
These rotors have a 168mm internal drum and I am using the PBR Mitsubishi Manga Banksia Single Shoe for the drum with GM actuators. All this hybrid stuff so the drum can fit in behind the stub axles. There is one down side to change the shoes the stub axles has to be removed - however these shoes should last a long time as it is only for the park brake.

Anyway this setup is complex and I would not do it again so this will be a one off. If I had gone for a larger rear rotor setup then  a different shoe setup could be used = stub axles can stay in to replace the shoes etc however I wanted to run a rotor that could fit behind a 15" rim if required.

#54 roastbeef

roastbeef

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 12 July 2009 - 08:48 PM

great stuff!
love the colour choice as well.
The well considered choices in the details set it apart from your standard projects!

#55 NZeder

NZeder

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,291 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 05:06 PM

Ok some pics from lunch time today :) as other asked about the colour last time - I took some of the same shots with and without the flash so you can see the difference. As I have decided not to put sound proofing back on the tin work the lower half was painted with texture coat before hand also to help with some of the noise. I will have custom carpets made that will have sound proofing attached to this that way if I ever want to make it a race car I don't have to remove stuff again - just take out the carpet :)

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#56 Gaijin

Gaijin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 08:07 PM

Mike,

got any RB parts left?
thanks

#57 NZeder

NZeder

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,291 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 08:09 PM

Yes but not a lot what do you need? Don't say a RB26 head as sold that :( or RB30 bottom end - gone too.

#58 NZeder

NZeder

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,291 posts

Posted 24 July 2009 - 07:54 PM

I spotted on our auction site tonight - trademe another set of the Fujistubo RB stainless steel headers for a buy now of $350 so I took it - so I now have 3 sets of these headers that cost $2000ish new imported from Japan :) love spares

#59 waxhead

waxhead

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 533 posts

Posted 24 July 2009 - 08:19 PM

So are you wanting to sell a set

#60 NZeder

NZeder

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,291 posts

Posted 21 August 2009 - 07:10 PM

So are you wanting to sell a set

I could do - I might be coming to Melbourne in late Sept or early October so I might be able to bring a set with me :)

So long time no post - things have been busy of late so I have not been over to the shop to see how the car has been going = no pressure from me to get it done. But I put the hard word on again this week and here is the results - I am told next week it will be complete and I can bring it home after that :)

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

And the next day :)
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Pic #3 is more how it looks in the flesh - the lights in the panelshop and the flash change the colour somewhat and #3 is more how it looks for real :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users