370Z, real life shots etc

sco_aus

How disapointing:

http://carscoop.blogspot.com/2008/12/nismo-370z-s-tune-real-life-photos.html

That is butt ugly and nothing like what a zed should look like. :(

This however should be the look to use:

http://carscoop.blogspot.com/2008/08/datsun-240z-fairlady-z-retro-concept.html

(yeah i know that was already posted)

i'd have to say i'd buy one if they were US$30g converted directly to australian dollars and it was a year ago - and ofcourse i had the money lol

it seriously just looks like the 350z and 240z had a love child, so there are still bits about it that dont look so true to the 240z, but its still a step up. and while some bits of it are ugly - particulaly that nismo one, nothing some other body kit may not be able to fix. some angle still look kinda weird though...

http://japanesenostalgiccar.com/blog/2008/12/05/issue-3-sneak-peek-datsun-240z-nissan-370z/

nissan370z_datsun240z_04.jpg

nissan370z_datsun240z_10.jpg

http://www.370zblog.com/2008/12/06/new-nissan-z-photos-from-nissan-gallery-ginza/#more-215

if it's deamed that i require a side indicator on my car it looks like it will be a nice option also - but would still prefer one off a current statesman

370zblog-z-ginza-20081201-133.jpg

I think it will be the 350z is the 240z of today and the 370z is the 280zx of today (no offence to the 280zx owners)

i think that might be true of lots of 350z owners - particually the ones who dont know what a 240z is. but the 370z has a shorter wheelbase, is lighter, and has more power so its going the way it should be unlike the 280zx

blah, spew.  Looks like a Hyundai Tiburon

You beat me to it - was going to say they took a nice looking car (350z) and made it look like a hyundai.  Although the styling cues you see on the 370 seem to be the fashion at the moment  ::)  Don't think that look will ever grow on me...

• 2 months later...

I like it. I thought (and still do) that the 350Z is butt ugly. The 370Z is a major improvement. Don't like the headlights though.

kinda agree. though 350z is not a bad car. i like the nismo version better but i guess the price tag follows. stock 350z needs something its too buggy.

to me 370z is big improvment on the 350z. and i do like it more at least in pictures till i see one in real life.

I wasn't a huge fan of the 350Z (I didn't hate it, but I didn't love it either) but I think the 370Z is a great improvement, both in terms of looks, as well as engineering and performance.

I never had a desire to go buy a 350Z, but I'd certainly take a second look at a 370Z. I love the new roof's slope, and the windows (mimicing the old school Z's). For those that hate it at the moment, maybe have a look at it in the flesh before you make up your mind. I hated the Evo X before and once I saw it in the flesh, I actually changed my mind.

blah, spew.  Looks like a Hyundai Tiburon

The problem with many new car designs is that most of the car makers follow a trend of what is percieved to be sellable to the masses / market acceptance / style and cost efficient

Since the late 80's many car makers have copied each other in one way shape or form with many using the same basic platform design and even parts sharing to a degree, of course a lot of car makers are owned by the same parent company so its logical to do so, especially when you consider its costs zillions to design and fab new models

Sure the 370 has some improvements as do all " new models ", with some extra fruit, a few extra pony's, new lights, some gadgets etc which usually amounts to an extra arm and a leg and $$$$$$$$$$$$ for the joy of owning one

The problem I have is that they look very similar in style and shape to some Porsche's, and Audi's and are easily mistaken for one of these at a first look until you read the badge unlike the earlier designs which were very individual and styled cars

But thats progress, my thoughts, if you look at the Chrysler crossfire design, this is what I think a modern Z should look like, or you can have one that loses its roof

Cheers

:)

no i think the Chrysler crossfire is ugly and cheep to look at.

It may only be my opinion but i think the 370z is the best looking Nissan since the r34 skyline

The r34 skyline is hardly a three door hatch in Z style configuration and is definately a different animal albeit as quick as lightening

:)

I never said it was but the r34 is one of the nicest Nissan's made before the 370z.  and the 370z is the nicest looking Nissan since then and that is what i was getting at.

Then again the s15 is nice to. These are all just my opinions and i dint expect any one to agree with me

Hey Miika, if the 370Z looked like your blue one you put up I would certainly be in the market for one. A paint shop next door had a 350Z whith a full body kit on it and $52,000- worth or Super Charger and engine development on it. That one I would be keen on as well. I will keep dreaming. ha