404 replies to this topic

#401 luvemfast

luvemfast

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,124 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 08:48 AM

Here's a shot of myself coming around the final corner onto the straight and .................. Well
Pictures tell a thousand words!

Attached Thumbnails

• 35247_59aa8a693b92f18932e88a6df67cd78f2c0a5c14.jpg

#402 luvemfast

luvemfast

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,124 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 08:43 PM

If anyone's wondering what's been happening with my Z since the nationals............... Absolutely nothing! Life's been pretty busy with houses, cars, babies, broken bones, surgery and the likes.
Until this week.
But only because I had an inspection done for the CH plates.
I finally jacked it up to find a vibration that started at Phillip Island. Thinking it was the steering, but nothing stood out as being out go the ordinary.
Dad suggested taking the front wheels off to get rebalanced, in case some weights fell off.
First problem was a buggered wheel nut that had the internal hex rounded off. So the Wat's were protected and the MIG was brought out. ZAP ZAP and it came off pretty easy.
Then when we rolled the wheels out of the way, that's when we saw how bad the situation was. Even though there is a fair bit of neg camber, the tyres were HEAVILY distorted on the insides and had bulged out...... HEAVILY!!! Unfortunately I didn't take a pic of them.  :-[
They were taken down to Craig at Trackside tyres. He said it's fairly common for that to happen at Phillip Island, especially with older tyres. So keep that in mind.
Ended up getting a pair of brand spanker Bridgestone RE55S's.
So once the log book comes in the mail, I'm super excited to get out there in it and blasting off some cobwebs  8)

Attached Thumbnails

• 38287_58e80835246349098bc6a09d8f9ee8e61532f132.jpg

#403 KatoKid

KatoKid

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,663 posts
  • Tagline:Split loyalties between the M and the Z

Posted 15 November 2013 - 07:11 PM

Life's been pretty busy with houses, cars, babies, broken bones, surgery and the likes.

Broken bones!!! What have you been doing?

#404 Gareth. J.

Gareth. J.

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,237 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 08:51 PM

Too much heat? There was a 370Z having the same problems at PI, they were running big neg camber. Maybe you can reduce neg camber and increase castor to maintain handling but increase tyre life?

I thought RE55s were superseded by re11s, I prefer the 55s.

#405 luvemfast

luvemfast

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,124 posts

Posted 17 February 2015 - 09:30 AM

Wowsers.................
It's been over a year since there's been any activity here.  :o
Maybe because there's been no activity here!

I finally got out to the garage and gave the car a service and look over before heading out to Sandown Raceway on the 2nd of Feb. Dad and I double entered the car again and it started of well. But think the extra stress of 2 drivers, making it 8 sessions, was a bit hard on the car.
My best lap was a 1:32.4283 in the 3rd session. While dad layed down a 1:37.3436 in the 4th.
The final session was a waste of time as the steering would shake under braking, indicating warped rotors. Pointing to where I need to upgrade.
So I've started a new topic here http://www.viczcar.c...ic,15608.0.html

Here's a video from the 2nd session. You'll notice that the rear of the car gets a bit loose through the corners......... Needs some new rubber back there!

At the end of the day, I had a ball. Nothing seriously went wrong and I was able to drive there and back again. A first for Sandown!
So I'll call that a successful day  8)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users