scrumpy

240Z - 260Z Front Signal/Park Lamp Assemblies

Can anyone out there tell me the difference between the front turn signal assemblies on 240Z and 260Z

Will a 240Z turn assembly and amber lens fit into a 260Z

Is the 240Z signal assembly smaller?

Are the amber and clear lens intercahangeable

I think the 240Z has 1 globe that is a turn signal only with amber lens.  My 260Z has a 2 globe setup with a clear lens.  One for a park lamp and the other a turn signal.

I can get a new US sourced 240Z turn signal assembly.  I then want to fit an Australian clear lens to it with an amber globe. Are the lenses interchangeable? Ar the dimensions the same?

There is no difference between the bodies of the 240Z and 260Z front turn signal/park light assemblies.  I got some 260Z assemblies, took off the orange lens, used 260Z fronts and used an orange globe for the indicator and a plain one for the park light.  Ended up pretty neat.

You can see a pic of it off the car at http://240z.drago.com.au/?p=117

Cheers,

Matt

I'm pretty sure early 240Z front parker assemblies are different. 240 have just the clear lens and the one globe (21w indicator/5w parker) and the 260 have a split housing with the divider for each globe with the internal amber lens for the indicator. Whereas the 240 just had no amber lens because from memory alot of early cars in Australia had clear front indicators. In Japan and US they had the single globe version with an amber lens. I can take some pics to show the differences...

I'm sure they are the same. just have to be carefull when you are removing those small Philips screws not to round them...its easily done!

Sorry, I thought that the question was about the fitment of the assembly rather than the contents of it.  Yeah, the 240Z one has a single twin filament globe and the 260Z one has two single filament globes.  Sorry about the confusion.

So, dredging this one up from the depths......my 71 240 has the single twin filament globe clear lens but it has an amber globe. Did they come with amber or clear globes and which is legal/requiered for rego?

Thanks.

David

Hi David, if you are getting the car registered for full reg (ie. not club plates) you will need to use amber globes.

Sorry again for digging this subject up , but does any have or know where i can put my hands on either a pair of 260z front indicators or at least 1 LH complete light . I have RH i can rebuild but completely missing LH .

Rgds Lynton