180 replies to this topic

#141 HELLFIRE!

HELLFIRE!

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 08 December 2008 - 12:02 AM

A few more pics on my photobucket page. New additions are the top two rows.

http://s83.photobuck.../260z/BBQ ZEDS/

#142 luvemfast

luvemfast

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,124 posts

Posted 08 December 2008 - 07:17 AM

Might also be a good idea to take Gordon's address off the first page.
It is an awsome place, he is living the dream with the garages, acre's of land, toy cars and most importantly he has a trampoline dug into the ground. I've always wanted one of those.
Oh yeah, was a great day.

#143 620Z

620Z

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,710 posts

Posted 08 December 2008 - 10:18 AM

WOW..... What an awesome day we had. 26 Oold Zeds and 3 x 350Z's + a 300 and a GTR. We ended up with around 55-60 people all up. My only regret was that we didn't take a group photo of all the people. Damn. Apart from that the weather was perfect (well most of the time) and it was a great opportunity to meet everyone. Hopefully I met most of you. Gordon had a ball and the raffle of the 136 piece tool kit, Chrissy Chocies and 5 Nissan Clocks seemed to work well. We raised $60- profit towards the kitty for next year. It's a start.  ;)
When we went for that drive I wasn't sure how many we got till we stopped and waited at the Healesville turn off. 18 Zeds in a row. I couldn't beleive it. The day was a highlight for me as I had never seen that many Zeds in a row let alone a gathering of Zeds exclusively in such numbers. Gordon seemed pretty cool to make it an annual event so we might have to lock that one in for next years calander. I hope you all had as much fun as I did. Cheers    :D

#144 HELLFIRE!

HELLFIRE!

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 08 December 2008 - 10:39 AM

Might also be a good idea to take Gordon's address off the first page.
It is an awsome place, he is living the dream with the garages, acre's of land, toy cars and most importantly he has a trampoline dug into the ground. I've always wanted one of those.
Oh yeah, was a great day.

When I told my other half that she missed out on an in ground trampoline, she swore that she will make it next year.

Perhaps we could convince RevZed to bring the jumping castle.

The other thing that occurred to me is that if some of us could volunteer to help Gordon with the property preparations in the week leading up to next years event. I should be living closer to Melbourne next year so I could put my hand up.

I think the beauty of having the get together at a private property like Gordons (rather than a park) is that we can all fell safe in leaving our most prized possessions (kids too) unattended and know that they wont get scratched or nicked.

#145 620Z

620Z

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,710 posts

Posted 08 December 2008 - 10:59 AM

Hi Matt,
You are exactly right. We were talking about that later. I could leave the kids to run around and not have to worry about them. Nor worry about stranges looking over our cars and wondering if they were in our group or not. At least you knew everyone there was from our group.  ;) Did we catch up Matt? Having travelled all that way mate I would be sorry if we wern't introduced. Unfortunately I can't remember. There were a number of new faces.

#146 HELLFIRE!

HELLFIRE!

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 08 December 2008 - 11:41 AM

Hi Matt,
You are exactly right. We were talking about that later. I could leave the kids to run around and not have to worry about them. Nor worry about stranges looking over our cars and wondering if they were in our group or not. At least you knew everyone there was from our group.  ;) Did we catch up Matt? Having travelled all that way mate I would be sorry if we wern't introduced. Unfortunately I can't remember. There were a number of new faces.

Yeah we met up, I was wearing a shirt with LEVIS emblazoned across it. My avatar may be confusing you, I bought my daily driver which is memorable for it's dented panel.

I think I met everyone at least briefly.

#147 620Z

620Z

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,710 posts

Posted 08 December 2008 - 12:01 PM

Ahh now I remember talking to you. Well done on the 3hour round trip. Awesome effort. Probably worth it given the rare turn out.

#148 zedevan

zedevan

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 08 December 2008 - 12:05 PM

gav, is there a way in the gallery we can make it so everyone can upload their pics to a certain section? i dont know if this is how the events are currently setup, although there is no 2008 folder lol

here's a couple of automatically merged pics i took of the line up when we pulled over - thanks to those who let me ride along :D dam i miss driving my zed :(

Attached Thumbnails

• 5303_.jpg
  • 5301_.jpg

#149 ol_skl_jp

ol_skl_jp

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 08 December 2008 - 09:44 PM

What a great day out ;D... Thanks to everyone who helped organize the event hopefully we can make this an annual event. Cant wait for the other photos to come out and the videos aswell.

If it isnt too much trouble can video files be uploaded to a site like rapidshare not just youtube...would love a good quality video.

Cheers
Sach

#150 warrenz

warrenz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 08 December 2008 - 10:01 PM

I can only repeat what everyone else has said, great day and thanks to Craig, Sulio and Gordon for the organisation.

I was wondering if anyone would object to a little publicity. I wrote a short story of the day and the club and attached some photos with a view to sending it to Australian Classic Car Magazine to  see if they would include it their News and Events section in an upcoming edition.

It's ready to hit the send button but just wanted to check I was not going to step on anyone's toes or offend anyone if it happened to get published and their car appeared in the magazine.

Any quick comments?

Warren

#151 gav240z

gav240z

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 12,386 posts
  • Tagline:Jack of all trades, master of none.

Posted 08 December 2008 - 11:13 PM

gav, is there a way in the gallery we can make it so everyone can upload their pics to a certain section? i dont know if this is how the events are currently setup, although there is no 2008 folder lol

here's a couple of automatically merged pics i took of the line up when we pulled over - thanks to those who let me ride along :D dam i miss driving my zed :(

Sorry mate, the gallery is a little limited in terms of functionality. I plan to migrate the entire site to another system in the not too distant future. Although at this stage my MySQL skills are probably not quite up to the task, so may require some outside help with that.

I plan to use the same software as www.vintagejdm.com but yeah for the moment the gallery is a little limited sorry.

I do have to create some event folders for NSW / ACT and QLD as they have had events, but don't have galleries for them (my fault really sorry).

#152 gav240z

gav240z

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 12,386 posts
  • Tagline:Jack of all trades, master of none.

Posted 08 December 2008 - 11:16 PM

I can only repeat what everyone else has said, great day and thanks to Craig, Sulio and Gordon for the organisation.

I was wondering if anyone would object to a little publicity. I wrote a short story of the day and the club and attached some photos with a view to sending it to Australian Classic Car Magazine to  see if they would include it their News and Events section in an upcoming edition.

It's ready to hit the send button but just wanted to check I was not going to step on anyone's toes or offend anyone if it happened to get published and their car appeared in the magazine.

Any quick comments?

Warren

Sounds good mate, I don't have any problems with that. Hopefully nobody else does either :).
Make sure you mention the website address in the article.

#153 sco_aus

sco_aus

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,484 posts
  • Tagline:Scott

Posted 09 December 2008 - 07:36 AM

DO IT!!

#154 Lurch ™

Lurch ™

Curator of the 'Gavin Collection'

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,602 posts
  • Tagline:In my Den of Rust & Sin

Posted 09 December 2008 - 07:44 AM

Send away Warren!
And as Gav said - make sure the website address is included!

#155 620Z

620Z

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,710 posts

Posted 09 December 2008 - 07:45 AM

Great idea Warren. Send it in. You might also want to forward the write up to Sulio & Gav so they can use it with the pictures as a feature article. Save one of us writing it.
Gav & Sulio it would be great if we can strike while the iron is hot on this and get a feature up by the end of the week. In a month's time sort of miss's the big impact. Sulio I can come over and give you a hand if you like.  ;)

#156 Toecutter

Toecutter

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,272 posts

Posted 09 December 2008 - 02:17 PM

Yer we can sort out the pics vid etc.

I'm in Syd for a couple of days but we can get together at the end of the week or early next. I'm planning to catch up with Matt Drago. In the mean time, Craig can you ge the video footage from Gordo, get it on an DVD in AVI format if possible. And I'll talk to Ash about his vid footage. We can use Warrens artical for the front page with pics and video!?

Sulio

#157 620Z

620Z

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,710 posts

Posted 09 December 2008 - 03:07 PM

Sounds good Sulio. Even if we get Warren's write up on the board first and add the pictures and movies later. Warren might want to put a bit more detail in for our internal use? Not sure as I haven't seen his originial. I was going to write something but no use doubling up. Warren are you able to send Sulio and or I a copy so we can put it up on the site? Cheers. PS that would be awesome to get the event in a mag.

#158 warrenz

warrenz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 09 December 2008 - 08:15 PM

This is what I sent off to Australian Classic Car and I attached some pictures I took plus Matt's panorama shot he posted earlier. Let's see what happens.

Datsun Z Cars come out for Christmas

Since Nissan relaunched the Z car in 2003 with the 350Z the interest and activity surrounding the original models from the 1970’s seems to have increased, including among those born after the original models were on sale in the Datsun Dealer showrooms. This was very evident on Saturday 6th of December when AUSZCAR held their inaugural Victorian Christmas picnic which saw an outstanding response from members with an amazing 30 Datsun/Nissan Z cars assembled in one place. Quite possibly the most Z cars seen in one place for a car club event in Victoria.

The weather was great for most of the day and the venue at club member Gordon’s property on the outskirts of Melbourne was the perfect setting to allow members and families to meet and talk Z cars all day. Many of the cars and their owners coming together at a club event for the very first time. Members compared notes over the BBQ lunch and snapped megabytes of photographs and came away with renewed inspiration to complete or enhance the restoration.

The day saw 26 240/260 models, a rare Australian registered Fairlady 280Z, a single 300Zx and 3 current generation 350Z’s, with examples ranging from Ashley’s wild 240Z sports racing car to a 500hp V8 powered 260 2+2 through to the stock 350Z Touring and Track models. A popular addition to the engine bay was a set of triple Weber of Dell’Orto side draught carburettors.

An impromptu drive was organised late in the day which saw an incredible18 Z’s cruising the rolling hills on the outskirts of Melbourne. This was an impressive line of cars but with rain approaching over the nearby mountains it was decided to head for home.

A very enjoyable day was had by all with calls for the event to become an annual Christmas get together, and I am sure we will see more Z’s next time if the disappointment expressed by those that did not make it is any thing to go by.

AUSZCAR is based around the internet forum site www.auszcar.com and has grown into a 1000+ strong community of passionate Datsun Z car owners Australia wide. Many members are involved in other multi model or brand car clubs but this site brings a wealth of knowledge on the S30/130 models together in one place that is sometimes lost in other clubs.

#159 XRQTR

XRQTR

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 337 posts

Posted 09 December 2008 - 08:56 PM

Not bad only one typo I spotted, but dude, you forgot the Mikuni's and flares  ;D

#160 Lurch ™

Lurch ™

Curator of the 'Gavin Collection'

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,602 posts
  • Tagline:In my Den of Rust & Sin

Posted 09 December 2008 - 09:26 PM

Great write-up Warren :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users