[QLD] - Brisbane prefecture regular city meet ("lounge meets")

mtopxsecret6

If I can make it I'll be there.  Won't know until Saturday arvo if I'm stuck with the kids or not but hope to be there.

Had a 2+2 in Canberra, it was fabulous to drive.  I've never driven a 2 seater even though I've got two of them  ???

Cheers,

Mike

LKSJHDLGHJKASDGHLASHDFAJHSDKHJASLKDHFALSJGHDLASGDKFAJHSDHASDKLFGHALKSDGHLAKSDJHGLKASJDGFLKASDAHSDKGHALSKDGHLKASDGHLKASGHDKASDGLASDGL;KJASDLKGHASLDGHJFLKASJDGFLKASDJHASDHASJKGD

AHHHHHH! i had the greabox back in, everything bolted up and was just about to do the 4 bolts on teh tailshaft.... tried to spin teh tailshaft to get at the bolts and it wouldn't spin. I was like ok thats cause it was in 1st from when i put the gearbox back together. hopped in and it was in neutral!! Can't select any gears except 5th and revers! I have to take the box out and pull it apart again. There is no way it is going to be done by saturday as I have to wait for the gasket sealer to set once i have the box out, apart and cleaned up. I'm so effen angry!!!!! Such a rookie mistake, i put it in 1st and checked all the gears while it was apart, put the bellhousing on and didnt check it again, IDIOT. If i can wipe away the tears I might try and get the box back out tonight.

Anyways so steve and I will rock up in my white car :(

ASKJHKJFASNMASLFDHJOAHSFHASJLCNJANSCANHSCLKAHSLFHALFSNHLAKSJNF:AJSG:AJS:GLJA:SLGAGASFALKSHFPOAIUPSFJASLKSGHLAPSGK:PSJHFLKAHSFUIOAWGHIUGHAJGLKAHGSKLHASL

I will be there also.  My son will be with me.  We are in the process of trying to get my "parts car" on the road for him.  It hasn't been running in +12 years so I am told.  I will write this drama up as a separate post and we will be looking for lots of advice.

Alan

Sorry, guys. I haven't managed to get the zed running in time, plus my day got a bit confusing and I'm not in Brisbane until later tonight. Feel like a bit of a chump setting this thing up and bailing on it  :-X.

Hope you guys have fun.

also around the middle of april the drive in will be screening the fast and the furious so maybe we could all go for a run to see that?

You guys realise that the latest fast and furious coming out has two s30 z's in it?

They are only background cars but still flying the flag for datsuns.

hey guys, great evening again. Funny story.. when we left the meet, the alarm in the car started randomly playing up. First, it wouldnt let me start the car. then.. when we were driving through the city.. my windows were winding up and down.. and the side mirrors wear going in and out.. all the way home.. it was kind of amussing.. the first time.. but by the time i got home it wasnt.. lol.

That's really weird about the electrical system mtop... ???

It was good to see Alan again and meet his son ...Craig? Sorry I'm terrible with names  :-[

Make sure you throw a post up on the thread about the drive in if you are thinking of making it, I want to see it even more now that I know it has 2x S30 Zs in it.

• 2 weeks later...

Apparently the s30s didn't make it much past the editing floor. They are still in there (goldish/orang and a candy red) but hard to pickout apparently.

Here is the thread about it, reviews near the end. Some like it, some hate it.

http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=130130

Well, Since I feel like I have been bailing on every meet that comes up (mt cootha meets, Sat on the river, thurs drivein, registering to show my car at nationals etc, etc) and I haven't really met any of the Z guys in the 3 years I have owned my Z, I thought I would host one of these "Lounge meets".

- I live on the North Side about 10 minutes from town (My wife reckons she has done it in 5mins before  :o).

- I like to think I make a pretty decent coffee (My wife calls me a coffee snob).

- Got room to park at least 5 Z's in the front yard, another 2 on the street, and if we need to could really fit about 7 in the front yard (Might get interesting if the first to arrive want's to be the first to leave  ;D)

- And I have a lounge (Lounge meets, get it?  ::) Yeah I know that was pretty poor).

- I am proposing the thursday after the drivein April 23 anytime after 7.

If your interested send me a message/call and I'll give you my address. Not really interested in posting my address on a public forum but will email it.

04)$ )!) *#@

garvice@gmail.com

Just remembered, my driveway is best if you reverse into it, don't want any of you guys scraping your cool cars on my driveway. Might rectify it between now and then.

Brad

Interesting meet location garvice.. But when i started the lounge meets.. it wasnt exactly  in your home lounge.. At least you put an effort in for a personal touch. Anyone can organise the meets.. and the meeting location and time etc etc.. so.. if you really want us rolling up to your house.. i guess thats the next lounge meet.. but if you want to look at another location, thats not quite personal.. by all means. I should be fine for the date you mentioned though.

It is more just me being lasy rather then personal. I am about to start ripping my seats out and put new ones in. But In know that it will probably take a few weeks as I don't have a lot of time to work on it. So this way I don't have to rush the install. ;D

So is anyone actually coming to the next Lounge meet?

So far only Mtopxsecret6 has said he should be there. No one else has asked for the details.

Did I mention that there will be free coffee?

Brad

• gav240z changed the title to [QLD] - Brisbane prefecture regular city meet ("lounge meets")
  • gav240z unpinned this topic