Photo

Feb'09 THREDBO 4 day Run - 20th to 23rd Feb 2009 is confirmed as on.

• Please log in to reply
201 replies to this topic

#21 620Z

620Z

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,710 posts

Posted 28 November 2008 - 07:57 AM

Excellent news Mayhem. Glad to have you and your awesome machine along. Scott unfortunately my brother probably won't make this one, although I will keep trying. Having said that he is a definate for the Tassie trip the year after. There are a few others from the Tassie trip I will approach when we lock in the date. Cheers

#22 sco_aus

sco_aus

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,484 posts
  • Tagline:Scott

Posted 28 November 2008 - 02:29 PM

Ok.  Also a friend of mine is interested in coming in his AE86 if thats cool with everyone.  Its supercharged so he may put a couple of cars to shame, like Wes and Maggie :D

#23 Surly_Z

Surly_Z

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 247 posts

Posted 04 December 2008 - 10:10 AM

I'll be keen, again depending on the date. And like Scott, I'll have to make sure I have money saved!
If Chris can get accom thru his work, we ACT guys should organise rooms soon.
So does that make 4 ACT Zs?

#24 620Z

620Z

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,710 posts

Posted 04 December 2008 - 10:28 AM

Cool. At the moment I am leaning towards 20-23th Feb. I will check with a few people this weekend and lock in a date next week. Then I will suss out accommodation and if you guys from Canberra want to stay off the mountain then that's your call. It will fragment the group a bit.  :( Accommodation will only be around $100- per night per person including breaky. I will confirm all next week. Sounds like this is a definate goer now. Cheers

#25 Glen

Glen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 494 posts

Posted 04 December 2008 - 11:35 AM

Ok.  Also a friend of mine is interested in coming in his AE86 if thats cool with everyone.  Its supercharged so he may put a couple of cars to shame, like Wes and Maggie :D

Sprinterboy??

#26 sco_aus

sco_aus

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,484 posts

Posted 04 December 2008 - 12:05 PM

Thats him :D

#27 sco_aus

sco_aus

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,484 posts

Posted 05 December 2008 - 04:35 PM

My girlfriend would come along as long as others are bringing theirs.  Just a suggestion.  If Chris from Canberras accomodation can house everyone, would you consider everyone staying there?  Its situated between Jindabyne and Thredbo, nice place as I went there when I lived up that way.  It would also be a cheaper alternative for everyone and no one is split up then.
Just a thought, Chris, care to squash or expand my idea?

#28 Hammer

Hammer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 05 December 2008 - 08:42 PM

I'd like to come along too.  But I'd have to get my Z first.

I hope by then, I have one in my garage.

#29 chris240

chris240

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,186 posts
  • Tagline:When in doubt...mumble.

Posted 07 December 2008 - 08:22 PM

Ok , just got a reply from the managers at the accomodation ..
$65 per person per night twin-share...includes huge breakfast, the bar is pretty good   ::) excellent parking, pool table, all rooms with ensuites, swimming pool, great deck with amazing views, massive lounge area, sleeps 48 etc..
Im not sure If I can negotiate any lower...but I'll try to sweet-talk my boss..
check it out on
www.altitude1260.com.au
hmmmm I also tend to agree with craig...maybe we should all stay at the same place in the Village...Its just that I hate paying gazilions for a beer  :-\
c'mon the Sydney guys, here's your chance to meet-up.

#30 sco_aus

sco_aus

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,484 posts

Posted 07 December 2008 - 10:50 PM

I know what you mean, but its only a short drive to the village to do anything and just as quick to Jindabyne too. 

#31 Hammer

Hammer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 08 December 2008 - 09:02 AM

Ok , just got a reply from the managers at the accomodation ..
$65 per person per night twin-share...includes huge breakfast, the bar is pretty good   ::) excellent parking, pool table, all rooms with ensuites, swimming pool, great deck with amazing views, massive lounge area, sleeps 48 etc..
Im not sure If I can negotiate any lower...but I'll try to sweet-talk my boss..
check it out on
www.altitude1260.com.au
hmmmm I also tend to agree with craig...maybe we should all stay at the same place in the Village...Its just that I hate paying gazilions for a beer  :-\
c'mon the Sydney guys, here's your chance to meet-up.

I'm keen to join you guys.  Just need to secure my Z.  I hope to have this finalised by next week. :D

#32 Surly_Z

Surly_Z

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 247 posts

Posted 08 December 2008 - 10:22 AM

Chris that place looks amazing, and at that price seems silly to not take up!
Scott, I'll be bringing my girlfriend too. Anyone alse bring partners?

I may have another couple interested if that's okay. They'll be in a Z31, not quite an S30 but a Z nonetheless!

#33 620Z

620Z

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,710 posts

Posted 08 December 2008 - 10:40 AM

Date locked in 20th to 23rd February 2009. I hope that's OK???
OK That place looks nice. But let's keep it in perspective. It's a 25 minute drive to
Thredbo and it probably a little isolated. Every time you want to go somewhere or do something you will have to hop in your car. $65- won't cover a chairlift pass either. ($25-?) How much to eat there or how much in Petrol to drive 25mins up and down the mountain a few times?
You stay at Thredbo Resort and you don't have to start your car again for the stay if you don't want to. If we stay in the heart of town there is plenty of places to walk around and look at. Bars, Shops, various restaurants including takeaway Pizza's etc. Great atmosphere. Look at the site I had in the initial post. It has a bar, pool table, restaurant etc. It's price will include breakfast and all day lift pass's. Go up and down as many times as you like. Plus there will be other people around. Alright for you couples but some people might be on there own and want to party somewhere. I will check tomorrow when I am at work. But the average rate is $165- per room which when divided by two is obiously $82.50pp. Best price with no breakfast for the scum bag is $115- per double room.
Personally that's the option I want to take for the Vic people. Especially since we are entering Threadbo from the rear. We would be adding another 25minutes to our 5.5hour journey if we stayed off the mountain. I think we will be done once we hit the Village. If the ACT guy's want to stay out of town that's up to you.
Looks like at least half the people are bringing there partners. Looks like I might be on my own.   :(

#34 Surly_Z

Surly_Z

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 247 posts

Posted 08 December 2008 - 02:02 PM

Either way I'm easy, both places look awesome.
ACT boys, what do you think? I've started a thread in our section so we can come to a conclusion and final number. Save us flooding this one.

http://www.viczcar.c...pic,3406.0.html

#35 Toecutter

Toecutter

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,272 posts

Posted 08 December 2008 - 04:56 PM

Hey it's nice of Chris to offer. Perhaps we can have a coupel of options. Some of the blokes are at Uni and cash flow might be a problem so I can understand if they want to keep an eye on costs but be wary of the false economy it might offer as Craig said. By that I mean check any of the accomodation in terms of location before finalising your booking.
I personally am looking forward to finding a plush room close to the action so I can crash after the long drive there and not worry about getting back to my room after a few drinks.
Maybe we can post the recommended accomodation and each can decide what they prefer!? I'm still to decide if the second half will come.

Best price with no breakfast for the scum bag is $115- per double room.

:D ;D :D ;D

Sulio

#36 sco_aus

sco_aus

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,484 posts

Posted 08 December 2008 - 05:09 PM

Damn Craig and his persuasive logic :D.
I don't particularly want to split from the pack and whilst I would like to stay at the accomodation Chris offered, I know that Craig is right.  If I wanted to be cheap, i'd just stay at a mates place up there :P
So i'll just have to stay in Thredbo :D

#37 620Z

620Z

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,710 posts

Posted 09 December 2008 - 10:11 AM

Good to hear guys. I would much prefer we all stay together. I just got off the phone and the rates are pretty good. Here they are including breakfast daily:-

Double room $165.00 + Chairlift pass for 2 $15.00
Double + 2 singles $229.00 + Chair lift pass for 4 $20.00
Double + 3 singles $278.00 + Chair lift pass for 5 $30.00

Chairlift pass is normally $28.00 pp on the day. So get a one day pass in your package (More if you want to go up on the other spare day). We can decide which day, depending on the weather, we want to walk up to Kosiosko. I presume we all want to do this. I can tell you it is a fantastic walk. You do the sums per above and you will see that this "4 star" accommodation actually works out pretty cheap. I hope this is all OK with everyone. I am told there are plenty of vacancies for that weekend 20th to 23rd Feb at the moment so no mad rush to book yet. Lets firm up numbers and room combo's and book before Christmas though.   
http://www.totaltrav....asp?fid=616710
Please let me know who is in what room and who has booked what so I know we are all organised. It might be that some ACT guys might want to bunk in with Vic guys?? We can work that out over the next few weeks.

#38 620Z

620Z

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,710 posts

Posted 11 December 2008 - 08:31 AM

OK we seem to be getting a bit of interest on this trip. I just got a personal message from the old President of the Sydney Nissan Car Club. They are talking about getting 6-7 Zeds along on this trip as well. This is great news. Especially since most of those people came along to Tassie about 3 years ago when we got over 60 people on the trip. It was massive. All top people. I will keep you posted as I hear more.
15 to 20 Zeds in Threadbo. Now that would be a sight to see.   :D
Updated:-
Craig - Definate                              - VIC
Sulio - Definate                              - VIC
Mayhem & Partner- Definate            - VIC
Bruce & Wife from Taralgon - Definate- VIC
Wes & Maggie - Definate                  - VIC
Glen from Dromana                          - VIC
Glen's mate in his Z31                      - VIC
Lurch (Maybe)                                - VIC / WA 
Scott                    - ACT
Alex & Shelly 300ZX - ACT
Miika - Cdr Zero      - ACT
Chris - Most likely    - ACT
Surly_Z & Anna      - ACT
6 or 7 Zeds            - NSW

#39 sco_aus

sco_aus

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,484 posts

Posted 11 December 2008 - 08:33 AM

Good stuff.  Sprinterboy is an early scratching, we cant get leave at the same time, so I am coming, also looks like the missus wont be able to get off work either.

#40 chris240

chris240

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,186 posts
  • Tagline:When in doubt...mumble.

Posted 11 December 2008 - 10:12 AM

Ive just emailed Simon (rhino73z) and well also track down Michael Fawkes (71 Rb25) see if he wants to come..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users