#1 Cdr Zero

Cdr Zero

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 454 posts

Posted 29 October 2008 - 04:02 PM

Hi guys,

My radiator is pretty had it so with summer coming up I'd like to replace it.  I'm going to get one made up by Just Alloy Radiators http://www.alloyradiators.com.au who do a lot of toyotas at the moment.  I'm just looking for info on the radiator design, if anyone has a spec sheet floating around on them, whether they are cross-flow or down-flow etc.  I'm going to measure up my radiator and take pictures of the mounting design etc and then send off the info to them.  The guy who runs it has been thinking about branching out into the S30 scene so it would be great to help out this new Aussie business.

Appreciate the help.  :)

#2 Zedman240®

Zedman240®

The 2000+ club

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,198 posts
  • Tagline:I want your old SHOGUN bike! PM me now...

Posted 29 October 2008 - 05:11 PM

I had one made up by a Melbourne place called "Alloy Race Radiators" in Dandenong. They had some plans already drawn up and just made it when I asked. It had to be trimmed abit to fit but nothing major. I can take pics if you need them.

#3 Cdr Zero

Cdr Zero

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 454 posts

Posted 30 October 2008 - 10:10 AM

That's a good option Zedman and I'll definitely keep it in mind.  I'm still going to go through JAR if possible, I want to help them out and I know they do good radiators - plus more competition is a good thing!  :)

#4 Zedman240®

Zedman240®

The 2000+ club

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,198 posts
  • Tagline:I want your old SHOGUN bike! PM me now...

Posted 30 October 2008 - 01:16 PM

Oh, I didn't mean to go through them, I just thought I'd mention who made mine and what I found with a made ally radiator. I'm hoping yours is a virtual "drop in" unlike mine that just needed a little "trim".

#5 maddos

maddos

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 30 October 2008 - 06:30 PM

what have they quoted you?

#6 Cdr Zero

Cdr Zero

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 454 posts

Posted 30 October 2008 - 08:43 PM

They haven't quoted me anything yet.  I'm going to do all the measuring up and stuff this weekend (more time to do it) and then send it off and see what happens.

#7 Charlie Boy

Charlie Boy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 30 October 2008 - 11:00 PM

I'm Having an ally one made up by Aussie Desert Cooler in Preston. I just droped of an original 240z radiator for them to use as a template, hopefully pick it up on Sat ;D

C

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users