2009 VICZCAR CLUB CHAMPIONSHIP

zr240

OK Im about to go away for two weeks but thought I might throw out an idea for next year

What if we have a 6-8 round Vic (interstate are welcome to do one to) Zcar championship for 2009

These rounds would be made up of various Hillclimb, sprints on the MSCC, GCC, PIARC, NDSOC car club calender (not our own specific events as this would be a bit trick to organise :)

We could have say 3 different classes (dont want to get to complex.

Twin carbie class

Triple/ fuel inj. under 3ltr class

Open class (slicks, turbo ,V8 etc)

To be eligable for the first two classes you have to have reg or club reg and run road tyres.

When the MSCC, NDSOC Cams calendar comes out maybe we can run a poll for which events you guys would like to make up the championship. I was thinking maybe one or two rounds at new morwell hillclimb track, Phillip Island, sandown etc

Anyways the whole idea is to have some fun and get all our car together at the same events.

Let me know if your interested and what you would like to run etc.

Ash

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think 6-8 rounds might be optimistic possibly max of 4 might be easier for everyone to do, you could have 2 hill climb events and 2 full track events, possibly even throw in a drag event just for a laugh.

But I must say I like the cut of your jib.

Sounds like a great idea.

It works perfect for me as I only plan on doing 4-6 events a year, until I win the lotto ::)

The classes will need more info to split cars faily.

May I suggest S30 cars and S130 cars are seperate ;D

Also choosing rounds would be hard for everyone to agree on. Maybe a compromise like Ash suggested. Haunted Hills definantly needs to be included, and I like the sound of a drag too.

I would be much interested Ash, Although i doubt i would have a 1/4 of the guts of any other zed driver around, - Still getting used to driving the new Zed, And Haveing a new car i wanted for so long and how i got it blah blah, Yeah, Really dont want to crash, But ill think ill be up for coming along and having a fun day out ^^

Btw ash, do you ever head over Broadmeadow/Coolaroo way? Would love for you to come have a look over the new 240 =D

I like this idea Ash and it's exactly the direction i was heading in, club days etc. Put me down :) put mik down to :)

Also for your classes, take Sulio for example, not much work done internal but is running triples that isnt giving any advantage over twins and yet he would be up against it in the triple class if you follow what i mean.

i think the 3 classes should be,

Stock/Sligtly Modified: Extractors/Fuel Intake/Road Tyres

Modified Class: Extractors/Fuel Intake/Engine Work/Road Tyres

Highly Modified: $$$$ anything goes :)

Just my thoughts and yer i reckon this is a great idea Ash. I really hope this takes off.

Maybe even start the season off with a drag meet to see who's is quickest, down a straight line of course but that's the power side of things, then see how well everyone does round corners LOL.

Possibly even finish off with a drag meet to see if anyone has improved there time and by how much from the circuit work, changing gear at the right time is more important than having the most outright power.

im so up for winning .... i mean .. joining you guys in this lol... but its hard to put the moded cars into there own category's cause they will be on there own. as far as i know other than ash's race car im the only turbo rb... and craig v8....maybe just stock and mod category's

BUT!!! are we going to need a cam's or any other thing  ??????

I think this is a great idea Ash. I would be up for 4 events at least next year. It will push the point about us all getting our act together and getting the car onto the race track or drag strip. I would love a drag day this summer. This would be a great entry level as I know a lot of guys on this site have never run their car on the track. There is plenty of experience we could pass on for the first timer to get you going. We could even organise a meeting prior to the Race Days to make sure everyone is up to speed on what is required.

As for the class's Ashley has them pretty well right. You don't want more than 3 categories. You need one for stock, one for modified (mind you Ash you should include strokers 3.1 in with the 2.80's) and then one for Race, Turbo and other motors larger than 3.1ltr.

Remeber it's not for sheep stations guys Ashley and I have been in this game for years and those 3 categories are very similar to those stipulated by CAMS. Note you will need to join a CAMS affiliated Club and a lot of people have been joining the Gippsland Car Club instead of the NDSOC since it isn't real people orientated these days. If you want details let me know.

Hi Guys

thanks for all the replys :)

As Craig said I am mirroring the typre of classes used by cams and the group 5 sprints.

Keep the suggestions comming and I will list them down and maybe if we have a meeting ? cruise before christmas we can have a chat about them all and nail the rules/ classes down.

Ben Im not sure if I will run my race car or my tripple webber road zed :) might save the racecar for the state series (and I dont want to get beete n by your road car :)

Ash

What about a nice relaxed Sunday drive out to Heathcote, you could get the ball rolling with a nice relaxed drag racing session and have a good chat about it all at the same time. Still plenty of time before the end of the year so maybe late Novemeber or early/mid December.

What about a nice relaxed Sunday drive out to Heathcote, you could get the ball rolling with a nice relaxed drag racing session and have a good chat about it all at the same time. Still plenty of time before the end of the year so maybe late Novemeber or early/mid December.

I'd be up for that. Treat it as a pre lim to official points events next year!?

Sulio

Hi Ash, sounds great, count me in. I was planning on doing at least 4 events next year. I was at P.I last month for the PIARC sprints and hoping to be there again Nov 29th&30th, last PIARC sprint for the year. The new Haunted Hills track looks and sounds good, missed out on that meet.

John

Just make sure everyone is a member of a car club that can compete or has an invite to said events.

Not everyone is a member of PIARC/MSCA/GCC or a member of 2-3 clubs...

Hi, which club would i be best to join or which club is most active in these events.

cheers

glen