115 replies to this topic

#41 HELLFIRE!

HELLFIRE!

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 18 December 2007 - 12:57 AM

I'm not sure about the emphasis of having an image of a Z on the sticker logo, after all the sticker will be on an actual Z ;) So if any one was uncertain as to what a Z looked like then they need look no further than the car it is stuck to.

I like Vans use of the word Embracing, subconsciously it points at the cars racing heritage and an owners pride in this.

As a border I like the use of a laurel wreath.

Might have a go at something later.

#42 sco_aus

sco_aus

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,484 posts
  • Tagline:Scott

Posted 18 December 2007 - 04:58 AM

yeh, they are good.  would be good to get some.  I know someone who does this sort of thing, I could show him the designs and get a price if anyone is interested.  Im happy to organise this one, just gonna have to mail to most members is all.

#43 620Z

620Z

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,710 posts

Posted 18 December 2007 - 07:58 AM

I love the first one Van.
My only suggestion ti the change the wording from "Embracing the Heritage" to "Embrasing a Legend" or Embracing a Classic" or "Embracing a timeless Classic". Just a few ideas but I do like the first one. Put me down for a couple especially if I could get it in red.

#44 mayhem

mayhem

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 305 posts
  • Tagline:speed is a life style

Posted 18 December 2007 - 08:01 AM

ive got a guy who can do it for about 5 bucks each he has been my sign writter since i stopped being one if any one wants one let me know bulk is betta
i love van's designs hoe you dont mind if i do a few mate ...ive been hanging to get one for my wagon and was just going to use block letters  :P

#45 chris240

chris240

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,194 posts
  • Tagline:When in doubt...mumble.

Posted 18 December 2007 - 06:39 PM

Great stuff Van !
I like the 2nd one. just lose the spoiler or slightly rotate the image to show a little more side-on of the cars outline..
dont you love it when everyone has their 10 cents worth !!
chris

#46 gav240z

gav240z

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 12,662 posts
  • Tagline:Jack of all trades, master of none.

Posted 18 December 2007 - 07:37 PM

Hi everyone,
This topic is a bit old and Van did these some time ago. I have not had a chance to organise club stickers although Sulio and I did have some discussions relating to them.

I do like the ones that incorporate the silhouette shape of the Z. I'm not sure myself about "embracing the heritage", I think I'd prefer something like:
"embracing a legend"
"embracing a winner"

but then again I'm not really sure we need a tag line on the sticker. The other issue is I did buy www.auszcar.com and have been considering changing the club name to AUSZCAR seeing as its much more fitting now a days. I guess we kinda out grew our boots :).

#47 Toecutter

Toecutter

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,274 posts

Posted 18 December 2007 - 08:27 PM

The solid colour should keep the price down. "Embrace the legend" sounds ok but it might be more effective to have something like EARLY DATSUN Z CARS on there as a clarifier!???

Sulio

EDIT: oh and say a 2mm border about 5mm from the sticker edge as it just looks a bit plain atm.

#48 aegean

aegean

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 18 December 2007 - 08:44 PM

or "Live the Legend" !

#49 pauly_adams

pauly_adams

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,160 posts

Posted 18 December 2007 - 09:25 PM

im with "Live The Legend" as s30z's are a dying breed

cheers pauly

#50 HELLFIRE!

HELLFIRE!

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 18 December 2007 - 10:26 PM

Is the classic "Z" design that is used on official car badges copywrited? I ask this coz I would like to see it used in a bold manner as in,....ausZcar

#51 620Z

620Z

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,710 posts

Posted 19 December 2007 - 07:46 AM

The way I see it you won't see more shape of the car by turning it sideways since it is a solid image. Plus then you will lose the far head light. Personally I like the image as it is. that's my 20cents worth.  :)

#52 Toecutter

Toecutter

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,274 posts

Posted 19 December 2007 - 05:20 PM

Is the classic "Z" design that is used on official car badges copywrited? I ask this coz I would like to see it used in a bold manner as in,....ausZcar

Yer the Z in red would look good.

#53 Toecutter

Toecutter

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,274 posts

Posted 19 December 2007 - 06:47 PM

Something like this?????

Attached Thumbnails

• 1562_.jpg

#54 aegean

aegean

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 19 December 2007 - 07:02 PM

"Early", or "Classic" Z Cars of Australia ?

#55 Toecutter

Toecutter

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,274 posts

Posted 19 December 2007 - 10:18 PM

maybe a more simple approach? To be honest I think we just have'nt got "the one" yet! I like the look of Matt Drago's axamples but it would be nice to mix that up with something resembling the fat Z above!????

Attached Thumbnails

• 1564_.jpg

#56 620Z

620Z

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,710 posts

Posted 20 December 2007 - 07:57 AM

I don't mind live the legend. But another might be "Experience the legend". Meaning get in and go for a ride or drive it.
We might have to settle on half a dozen examples and start a pole to vote what people like most. Making sure members can only vote once.

#57 GottaBeAbstract

GottaBeAbstract

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 20 December 2007 - 12:18 PM

Since I occupy myself on the computer many hours a day and I like to be creative, i thought i would have a crack at making a sticker/logo/emblem/trademark/million dollars.

You guys mentioned: "legend", "heritage", "winner"

So i thought how about the bay leaf wreath you would see in those old 60's sports car races and motorsport in general.

Black and white is most effective and a splash of red for the 'Z' to emphasise racing and passion.

Here it is, same design, different writting styles and arrangement, I will probablly do more.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#58 Toecutter

Toecutter

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,274 posts

Posted 20 December 2007 - 04:09 PM

Now thats more like it. My opinion is this has to be the best effort yet. I really like the second one and thats locked in as my first choice. Good work Gottabeabstract!

...Oh and the other issue you mentiond Gav was the Auszcar.com domain name! What are the technical pro's and cons of this name change as far as already existing links out in cyber land etc? I think it sounds better and probably more appropriate. Make's it clear it's not just about Z cars in Victoria and attract more fellow Zeders.

Sulio

#59 HELLFIRE!

HELLFIRE!

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 20 December 2007 - 04:35 PM

^Agreed, the second one is almost there. I would have the pic of the Z from the front rather than the back and would make the front overlap the wreath to make it look like the car is passing through the wreath.

#60 matt drago

matt drago

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 20 December 2007 - 09:00 PM

Re the domain name, there shouldn't be any reason why you couldn't use both viczcar.com ans auszcar.com at the same time and just get viczcar to redirect to auszcar.  Once the search engines have reindexed, turn off viczcar.

I like the new designs, they are pretty cool.  It just seems that the wreath stands out more that the car does.  For the font, how about using the one that gav used for the website banner??  I think that he attached it to this thread somewhere.

Could you do one inverted?  I'd love to have a sticker that the outside was clear and the content was in black/white/colour, if you get what I mean.

But I do agree with the others, I think that we are getting closer!!

Cheers,

Matt

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users