Vic cruise 25 October

reverendzed

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK back on track, I am a certain starter for the drive on Saturday. To clarrify some details. Do we have a specific route we had in mind? How long were people planning on going for? Was it to include lunch.

The weather is going to be perfect so I was even thinking a cruise down to Portsea if everyone was keen. There is the back beach which (Is free entry) has a bar on the foreshore and or lunch at the Pub. I did this one last year. Or if we were still heading up to the Yarra Glenn was there anything specefic? I know a road out the back of Healseville that goes to the Kinglake Turn off which is pretty windy (Little dangerous if not careful) then maybe a BBQ lunch & a kick of the footy at Sugaloaf Reservoir melways page 273. These are just a few ideas if nothing was on the table Rev but I will be guided by what you want to do since you started the thread.  ;)

I think stopping for lunch at Sugarloaf would be a good idea Craig.  I'm not sure of the actual route there however if you could give me some extra info I could plot it out on a map and have copies for everyone if you think that is helpful.

Rev.

Hi Rev,

We could start off from Fountain Gate up the Princess Hwy and turn left onto the Healesville Koowee Rup road all the way to Healesville? Pretty strait forward that way.From Healesville we would then turn left up to Healesville-Kinglake Road then we would turn left to come down the Melba Hwy to Yarra Glen where we would turn right onto the Eltham-Yarra Glen Road for around 6 klms to Sugar Loaf Reservoir. I would suggest to all those coming to bring some meat (Sausages & Bread or what ever) for the BBQ. I can throw in some oil and cooking implements. There are wood fires, but plenty of them and space to spread out for some nice photo's and a kick of the footy. I have taken 10 copies of a map to follow. Oh and don't forget your 2-way radio.

How does all this sound? Rev you might want to give us a mobile number for any late updates.

Looks like I will be bringing my youngest son to give the Miss's a break. So no room in mine.  :(

I look forward to the early morning donut. Can someone tell me where to look out for this Crispy Creame place if I am coming along the Belgrave-Hallam road. Is it on left or right, before or after the Hwy?

Don't worry there will be plenty of twisty roads on this trip. Just stay on the black stuff and we will have a great day since the weather is going to turn it on for us.  ;D

Hey Craig, It's right out the front of the Fountain Gate Shopping Centre.  If you were coming on the Belgrave Hallam road, you could turn on to the M1 get off on the Narre Warren Exit, turn right, follow down until you will see krispy Kreme on your right just before the roundabout,turn right at the roundabout, right at the next roundabout and you're there.

Thanks Rev, I might just take the Narre all the way to Princess Hwy and turn left and look for it on my left. Does that sound OK?

John by all means come along. The more the merrier. I will have a spare 2-way. Should we meet on channel 16?? If so leave it on Rev and you might be able to talk me in if I get lost. Ha Ha. I am going to bring a steak and or a couple of sausage to have in a roll. Plus a small esky with a drink for myself. Feel free to do the same boys. I think we might have 7 cars. See you tomorrow morning.

Well guys this is the list so far, by the way great to have John on board.

Rev - Dave

Mayhem - Ben

Biggles 240z - Richard

ZZZ8 - Craig

Zedman240 - Dimitri

Matt Drago - Matt

Zedls1 - John

The idea of bringing something to throw on the BBQ is great, I'm sure if anyone needs to we can stop at a town before lunch. Anything we've forgotten?..... disappointed Lurch isn't hopping on a plane to come back for a drive...where's the committment? ;D

narre warren krispy kream at 9.. leaving 9.30am...yer rev went well almost lost my finger nail but all good .. so heavy now but!

im hoping to stop before we eat to get stuff cause im sure there will be 5 bottles of sauce and loaf's of bread lol  you get what i mean... the coles is 24hr 100m from krispy to

any way see you all in the morn!

hey Bruce,

If you come in on the M1 take the Narre Warren exit, turn right, follow down until you will see krispy Kreme on your right (about 500mt)at the roundabout turn right, and again right at the next roundabout and you're there.  give me a call on 0409620443 if you get lost.

Rev.

Hey guy's, bugger, unfortunately can't meet at Krispy's in the morning got urgent matters to attend to. I still want to take the Z for a spin out King Lake way and would still like to meet up with you guy's if your going to be around there. Rev I'll put your mob# in my phone and maybe call you when i get to King Lake and see where you're at.

John

Great cruise guys, thanks very much!  Big thanks to Craig for the maps and Ben for taking the lead up through the hills.  It was great to meet Matt and see Dimitri, and Richard again.  The weather was perfect and the Zeds performed well.  I will post the video footage tomorrow.  Matt took some good photo's which we'll look forward to seeing.  6 Zeds at short notice was pretty good! ;D

Rev.

post-646-144023501336_thumb.jpg

post-646-144023501344_thumb.jpg

post-646-144023501352_thumb.jpg