Marque in the Park, Nov 23rd, ACT/NSW

sco_aus

Hey guys.  Just thought there seems to be a bit of interest in Marque in the Park in Canberra this year, so I thought I would start a thread.

I would to get numbers of people interested in going as soon as we can and make a decision if we have enough people to go along as Auszcar, or if only a couple of people are interested, the Skylines Australia guys will no doubt be happy for us to tag along.  Here is a copy of a post put up on SAU (Skylines Australia), ACT:

With around two months to the greatest spring car show in Canberra, it’s time for participants to register their interest.

We’re looking forward to a great year – it’s 60 years since the mighty Morris Minor was born, the home-grown Holden emerged, that stalwart Land Rover pushed the boundaries and the first Honda hit the ground.

But Marques is more than that, it’s a free-for-all great big show and shine for anyone with a set of wheels, either standard or modified, to join in.

We want as many as are rolling to meet at the Floriade car park on Barrine Drive near the Commonwealth Avenue bridge for a cruise to John Knight Memorial Park in Belconnen.

Then, we’ll disperse around the park and enjoy a motoring extravaganza.

(If you have a static display we’d like to see you too!)

All the usual catering and trade stalls will be there, so bring the family, friends or just come on your own – we’ll look forward to a great day out.

Marques in the Park is supported by Shannons Insurance, and SOS Recruitment as major sponsors and assisted by Injektd, Elite Car Sound and Vision and Green Light Mortgages.

Support those who support your passion!

We’ve attached a jpg of the Marques 08 flyer and poster. We have hard copies available, so if you would like further promotional material drop us an email at marques@actmotorclubs.org.au or give Geoff a call on 6296 2442.

To help us allocate appropriate space for you and your friends, call us, drop us an email or a line at the above address.

Marques in the Park is organised by the Canberra Region Morris Minor Club of behalf of the Council of ACT Motor Clubs.

Look forward to seeing you there on Sunday, 23 November 2008, from 8 am and then at John Knight Memorial Park for a relaxed day on the shores of Lake Gininderra.

Cheers,

Canberra Region Morris Minor Club

Marques-08a.jpg

Add your name to the list below me:

sco_aus

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Mika, I hear you have been talking to a couple of my Toyota owning friends :D

It really is a great day, so hope we can get as many as possible.  I'll send a few messages out when I get the chance.

sco_aus

Cdr Zero

mr240z

Surly_Z 

Cheers

Ok, I asked and no one has objected, so I think it would make it easier if we just tag onto SAU (Skylines Australia).  Having sayed that, no one on SAU has agreed to organise the event.  I will see how it plays out and update when I know.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok guys, we are booked in for 5 cars give or take a car or two.  I will here a little bit more later on once they have done the plans for car positioning.

So make sure you have this date free, I dont want to be the only car to rock up.  :D

I have to go to our storage depot the next few days, & I'll see if I have a long vinyl-canvas banner that I can take to Mike at signflair in queanbeyan who can modify it with the AusZcar logo etc..give me a couple days.

• 3 weeks later...

Scott, whats the latest, have you reserved spaces for 4-5 zeds, or waiting to hear back from organisers ? Simon also asked me today.

amended....

arrr sorry Scott domestic blindness..didnt read other reply on previous page !

so all looks sweet then for the 23rd  ;D

• 2 weeks later...

ok, so confirmed 6 cars and I will receive a map of where we will be situated at the park etc in the next 48 hours.  Like I said, they confirm numbers and finish it all in the last week.

I will arrive at the meeting point next to Commonwealth Ave at approx 0730, so look for my zed as a meeting point.

Does anyone not know what we are doing or where we are going?

Unfortunately, I havn't had the chance/money to paint my zed, so ill just mount the flares over the primer (yes i had the panels fixed up after my shotty bogging incident :D).