23 replies to this topic

#21 zedevan

zedevan

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,347 posts

Posted 07 October 2008 - 04:56 PM

what electronics did you end up using to get them to rest in the right spot?

#22 Zedman240®

Zedman240®

The 2000+ club

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,198 posts
  • Tagline:I want your old SHOGUN bike! PM me now...

Posted 07 October 2008 - 08:33 PM

In that HybridZ post, a member just wired in a 5 pin relay (with a 87a terminal) and that supplies 12v to the motor even when the switch is off until the motor returns to its "park position" and then the internal switch in the gearbox itself disconnects the power. then its ready for another cycle to begin when the wiper switch is turned to "on". I think that's how it is!!

#23 Scando

Scando

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 932 posts

Posted 08 October 2008 - 12:49 PM

Nice work Zedman240.  Might have to try this sometime cause mine aren't exactly quick.

My new 240z has the same problem, they tend to work when the engine is not running, but when the engine is running they either stop or keep going for just a little while.
I think there could be wiring issues aswell, the pissers go when you first turn the wiper knob.

I had a similar problem.  Turned out to be the ignition switch wasn't aligned properly so when it was on the 'ON' position it was actually halfway between on and start.

For all the people that have slow wipers and are lazy like me then carry some rain-x with you, it's magic stuff.  Some of the guys I race against have removed their wipers cause they get in the way of your vision when you sit so low in the car and just use rain-x.  It's magic stuff!

#24 Hunter

Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 723 posts
  • Tagline:www.facebook.com/mankiniadventures

Posted 08 October 2008 - 12:54 PM

Rain-X I have found seems to lube up the windscreen and make the wipers go faster as well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users