#21 Scoota G

Scoota G

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,213 posts
  • Tagline:Mark

Posted 15 September 2008 - 10:14 AM

Just for a laugh grab both distributors and compare them. I had a points version of a skyline dizzy on mine and when a changed it to an original i had to reset the drive because the distributors were different.
If you get both dizzies and line up the rotors the same, check the drive underneath and see if they line up too. Failing asolution i'm happy to come for a spin and see if i can help you suss it out.

#22 ol_skl_jp

ol_skl_jp

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 10:44 AM

Hey scooter thanks for the offer might have to be a final resort. I dont want waste your time driving down here. I'll have to get under the car sometime this week, and see what is happening. Its frustrating coz this swap should have taken 2 hours max :(.

#23 ol_skl_jp

ol_skl_jp

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 14 October 2008 - 05:13 PM

Just an update.
Well i finally got her started... ::). Re-adjusting the drive gear wasnt as much of a chore than i had initially  thought.
Still running a bit rough though (spitting and dies at idle) im guessing some tinkering with the timing should fix it. That'll have to wait till after uni exams though. Cant wait to drive her again its been a long 4 weeks :(

Cheers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users