Looking for '77 260z 2+2 working door latch

JazzaDam

No doubt, door latches wear out just like everything else in these cars.

I'm in need of a working passenger side door latch mechanism to replace my non-working latch.

Technically the current one "works", i can use it to open and shut the door, but as soon as i lock the door... I have to spend hours inside the door trying to free up the mechanism to release its lock.

does someone have a passenger door for a '77 260z 2+2 and doesn't mind pulling out the mechanism including all the linkages to the release handles?

OR.. does anyone know a way of repairing the latch?

BTW, this isn't urgent, i just want to know that someone is willing to sell it to me when i finally decide to pull the door appart to fix this latch.

• 4 weeks later...

I saw one on ebay yesterday, it was an international seller but i cant remember if it was for a 2+2 (not sure if there is a difference).

I saw the same latch yesterday when I was searching for parts, but unfortunately i believe that the latch on the '77 model, was completely changed compared to previous models, which makes this part quite unique.

Yep I've got one for you.

I've just PM'd you, let me know how we can organise this?

EDIT: Thanks grant, its good that we can use these forums to find random parts!