Arizona Z Car - Rear Brake Handbrake Redesign

UPDATE : Borrowed some wheels last weekend, and very cautiously went for a drive....Had a bit of a knock from the Right Rear rotor, so I swapped it from RH to LH to confirm it was the rotor and not anything else - It is the rotor - Will sort that out in due course.

The Handbrake - I couldnt be happier !  ;D It worked really well. I stopped on a fairly steep slope and it held no problems. I even released it and let the car start rolling, and reapplied the handbrake, and it stopped the car after rolling another metre or so.

Attached a couple of pics of the car with the borrowed wheels......clearance is tight, but its enough ! haha

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey Jerryb...

Well, I have been thinking about that....As we all know the silly season is fast approaching, so I have decided to take orders first thing in January.

This will give me time to get the best possible prices from prospective suppliers, which will obviously mean a lower purchase price (depending on bulk buy numbers....)

Also, it just doesnt make sense to take on such a project approaching christmas, as companies are usually short staffed and overworked at this time anyway.

So....what i WOULD definately like though, is for all you guys and girls who are interested in a kit, to please Add your name to the list (starting with Jerryb)- see the next post !.....that way Ill know what qty's I will be chasing come the new year.

Thanks

Warren

INTERESTED Z OWNERS

If youre interested, add your name to this list and re-post it !

- jerryb

- PeterAllen

Interesting thread here on metal v aluminium brackets. I know they are referring to the front brackets and this is under race conditions, but you may have buyers just wanting them because they are steel.

http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=139794

It would be a real benefit if I could get a set in two weeks because as I've said before the car is going into a container to the uk, now delayed until 12/12 otherwise it would involve very expensive transport in the uk to mechanics etc. I'm willing to pay a bit more just for a one of set as it will be cheaper in the long run, obviously I'll understand if it's to much hassle I'll still be on for Jan anyway.

- jerryb

- PeterAllen

- Charlie Boy

It would be a real benefit if I could get a set in two weeks because as I've said before the car is going into a container to the uk, now delayed until 12/12 otherwise it would involve very expensive transport in the uk to mechanics etc. I'm willing to pay a bit more just for a one of set as it will be cheaper in the long run, obviously I'll understand if it's to much hassle I'll still be on for Jan anyway.

sorry Charlie-Boy...I would if I could, but there is no chance right at the moment....The only thing I could do for you if you were really THAT keen & urgent is to sell you my set - My car will now be up on blocks for the next 6 months.

sorry Charlie-Boy...I would if I could, but there is no chance right at the moment....The only thing I could do for you if you were really THAT keen & urgent is to sell you my set - My car will now be up on blocks for the next 6 months.

I would be very keen to buy your set. Daniel Moore is putting the car together so it would also be good to get an experienced Datsun mechanic to verify all the fitment and function of your kit for the others interested.

C

Just want to double check...are these the puppies.....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/_Car-Truck-Parts-Accessories__Wilwood-120-2281-Caliper-Mechanical-Spot-LH_W0QQitemZ370106978409QQadiZ2865QQadnZCarQ20Q26Q20TruckQ20PartsQ20Q26Q20AccessoriesQQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories?_trksid=p4506.m20.l1116

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/_Car-Truck-Parts-Accessories__Wilwood-120-2280-Caliper-Mechanical-Spot-RH_W0QQitemZ370106978393QQadiZ2865QQadnZCarQ20Q26Q20TruckQ20PartsQ20Q26Q20AccessoriesQQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories?_trksid=p4506.m20.l1116

This is the best price Ive come across...they even have polished calipers for another $25US.  Shipping is free within the US.

Knowing how high prices can be down there, and seeing the stupid upcharge they place on Canadian orders......Ill will make the following offer........

If a significant savings is to be had...I can order and ship the spot calipers to you.  Im Canadian but have a US address as well so I can have them shippped there for free and then move them on to you.  I just need a random postal code for australia so I can seach for the best rates.

Let me know..........

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Another interested Hybrid Z member aboard.... I've already got the full AZC kit, been looking into a parking brake as well as a possible second addition hydraulic e-brake.

-------------------------------------------

INTERESTED Z OWNERS

If you're interested, add your name to this list and re-post it!

1. jerryb - Hybrid Z

2. PeterAllen

3. Charlie Boy

4. sco_aus (tentative)

5. zedevan

6. Mark N

7. 280zForce - Hybrid Z