Any Brisbanites want to meet up?

stevo_gj

Hey guys,

The club meetings are on the last thursday of every month, but they tend to have a big agenda and there is hardly any time to have a chat. I'm wondering if any of you want to meet up on a mon, tues or weds night in the next few of weeks? It would be good to put some names to faces and have a chance to inspect some of the other Zs in Brisbane.  :)

I was thinking something informal and somewhere we can park, eat and sit around for a while. Maybe have a beer (open license as of last week ;D) Any ideas?

Cheers,

Steve

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I was hoping for a little more interest, oh well. Even if only 2 of us can show up that would be worth getting the Z out  ;D (any excuse will do really)

Neuby next time you come to Brissie you should definetly let me know and we can meet and show of our cars  :)

Also, there is a headlight conversion day coming up soon, where one of the auto electricians in the club will do a step by step instructions and oversee us installing Xenon headlights into our cars. This means we do the work ourselves, get the guidance of a qualified electrician and only pay for the parts costs. Thought I would plug it here because who wouldn't want brighter headlights really!

i am keen for a run aswell. i have been travelling for work this year and haven't found the time to get to any of the meets. I don't think I've even paid my membership yet :S i would be keen for a general meet but am quite busy aswell. it would be good if there were a few more zeds around brisbane so the spontaneous drives could get more people to attend and therefore occur more regularly.

Alot of the events that greg has been emailing through look great aswell but jsut trying to fit them in is trouble for me. i will have to block out my calendar for the headlight workshop though. My yellow beast already has the headlight conversion but my daily driver and my project both need it done.

i think the other problem for me is that most of the members in the club are into the motorsport side of things which I don't really fit into. I don't know alot about the 'preformance' side of things and probably find it harder to make conversation. I wouldn't mind trying a few of the events but i can barely afford to keep my cars on the road without the cost of track days etc.

but anyways if anyone wants to go for random drive on weekends pm me and i will see if im available. maybe we could have a list of people we can pm when we have last minute decisions of 'hey im bored, lets go for a drive...' even if it is just to the sunny coast or something

• 3 weeks later...

Alright, well uni is still a b*tch but from Monday next week I'll have the odd night/day to spare.

Sushi if Greg and I do something, say a sunday drive, would you be keen to tag along? Maybe Neuby and oldmates260z might be interested in coming too? A couple months ago Greg and I cruised up north to Mt Mee and had a great time. I'm sure we could repeat something like that.

From December i'm off to the mines, 12 hours north of Brisbane near a town called Tieri. I would love to have another day cruise in the Z before then but struggle to find a day to do it in. I still haven't tested out my new 5spd gearbox against Greg's 240z ;D

Anyway, if Greg and I plan anything I'll let you guys know.

Steve

yep sounds good. this weeekends out for me, i anticipate multiple hang overs from the valley fiesta ;) but after that i should be free. I will be heading for a drive up to gladstone one weekend soon but i haven't booked in any dates yet.

i've got a friend whos just got a subaru liberty who said he wouldnt mind joing us for the drive, i said he could even take my 260 if he wanted.

Something else you can all try if you haven't is a motorkhana.  Steve's been to one and he should get his new Z out to another!

Greg and I went on Sunday, there was a guy in a sr311 roadster as well.  Check out www.hsccq.asn.au for more details.  There is another on 21/9 and again on 19/10.  Do a search on youtube for motorkhana and/or hsccq and you'll dig up a bunch of vids.

Yeah, got some thread inserts, but what a saga!  Number 1 rule, do it yourself if you want it done right. Still, in the end I got the handbrake set up close enough that I could lock the rear up most of the time.  Just needs a bit more tweaking.

If you get a day run organised I'll try and make it, just depends on family commitments. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Orange-Z. Welcome to the forums  :) You should post some pictures of your car in that thread in the general section!

I reckon hitting the beaches would be a great idea. Got any day in mind?

How is either day of the 11th/12th weekend of October for you guys?

Cool, I've sent Greg an email too. Anyone else keen?

Edit: Also club meeting is on tonight, so if you can get to Shannons near Albion around 7pm then we can meet up then.

"The meeting will start at the Shannons office at 7pm. 3-11, Ross Street, Newstead"

Orange-Z even if you can't bring your Z along, you should try and make it tonight because the guys are very friendly and have a vast wealth of knowledge.

Might see some of you there!  :)

Steve, I'll try and make it assuming family, work and ZX all align favorably.

For anyone who is interested in a bit of easy low impact competition there is a "come and try" motorkhana planned for the 19th October at Wilowbank.  Search youtube for "HSCCQ motorkhana" to see what it's about.  Check out www.hsccq.asn.au for details or PM me.

Mike

Thats too bad Tim  :(

I hope you can Mike, you still haven't seen my car in the flesh :)

I spoke to Greg at the club meeting tonight and he's keen as long as its on the Sunday (12th) because of some other club event on the saturday.

The idea of the day is that it will be an informal cruise, and very little organization will go into it. Just a chance for some Z owners to meet up, go for a drive to the coast, have some lunch and either chat, swim or throw a footy around for the afternoon before we head home at an unspecified time. No deadlines or itinerary and all that hassle. I'll get Greg to send out an email to the Qld Z car club and because we are keeping it informal we can do the run with as little as 3 to as many as 15 cars.

Orange-Z, was that you I was sitting next to at the meeting tonight by any chance?

Steve

post-931-144023498561_thumb.jpg

Hey guys,

Info is up in the October events section, but i'll post it here as well:

Oct 12 Weekend Club Run to Mudjimba

One of our members is coordinating an informal club run up to Mudjimba beach on the Sunshine Coast. The run is a club run so anybody with club registration can go along. The details are still being finalised but members will meet at the Carseldine Caltex early Sunday morning before heading up to Mudjimba for a swim and maybe a casual lunch. Once the details are finalised another Email will be sent advising of the meeting time, route to be taken, exact destination etc.

So far Greg and I are the only confirmed, please post here, PM or email me on stevo_gj***hotmail.com (insert the @ instead of the ***)

Should be a good bit of fun, who's gonna bring a footy?  ;D