#21 Glen

Glen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 494 posts

Posted 19 August 2008 - 06:17 PM

yah! thats the way sco_aus,

Hey there Ash i remember racing against you i dont know whether you remember me or not, HistorX is gtl2 but in rfactor form. Remember to read the manual that comes with the mod (if you download it) for setting up your wheel. Its very important.

#22 sco_aus

sco_aus

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,484 posts
  • Tagline:Scott

Posted 19 August 2008 - 06:45 PM

I dont have a wheel, maybe thats why i didnt have as much fun

#23 Toecutter

Toecutter

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,274 posts

Posted 19 August 2008 - 09:31 PM

Well I've installed the Historix. Man this gaem is really addictive. I've got quite a few mates onto it. I'll have to try the link to the XGN track above.

Sulio

#24 mick74

mick74

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 20 August 2008 - 06:54 AM

Glen

Thanks for the link had a quick hook up late last night.
Just a quick question is this series limited to the old ford or is it opened to all the historic cars or the cars owned under historic series.

Mick

#25 Glen

Glen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 494 posts

Posted 20 August 2008 - 04:24 PM

This round only is yank iron only- the rest of the time its any car in teh TC65 class,

Next series we will vote and see what we want to run, probably the GTC65's with a couple of single make rounds. So basically everyone gets a say and then one of the guys takes it all into account and makes up a season.

#26 Toecutter

Toecutter

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,274 posts

Posted 20 August 2008 - 09:17 PM

Is it too late to get involved in the race, Ohio? on the 29th Aug? or do we wait til the next series?

Sulio

#27 Glen

Glen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 494 posts

Posted 20 August 2008 - 10:31 PM

hi mate, we just ran Ohio tonight, the schedule is out by one week. Here is the corrected schedule

Track schedule/Server Settings
Round 1 - Aug 06th - Cadwell Park - 2 x 12 lap races
Round 2 - Aug 13th - Eastern Creek - 2 x 10 lap races
Round 3 - Aug 20th - Mid Ohio with Chicane - 2 x 11 lap races
Round 4 - Aug 27th - Lakeside - 2 x 18 lap races
Round 5 - Sept 03rd - Brands Hatch GP - 2 x 11 lap races
Round 6 - Sept 10th - Hidden Valley - 2 x 15 lap races

Feel free to join in guys we would love to have as many z guys there as possible :)
next meet lakeside  8)
parctise 8.00pm
Qualify 9:00pm
Race 1 9:25 pm
Race 2 follows race 1

#28 Toecutter

Toecutter

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,274 posts

Posted 22 August 2008 - 12:32 AM

Will try to on the next race. We've been playing Historix on the Baturst track. So much fun. Maybe on tommorrow night again about 9pmish. We'll call the game AUSZCAR so it's easy to find if anybody here is looking for it.

Sulio

#29 sco_aus

sco_aus

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,484 posts

Posted 22 August 2008 - 01:43 AM

Whats your login on there Sulio?  I'm still trying to figure out how to sort out the friend thing and i also seem to be having trouble locating the server.

#30 Toecutter

Toecutter

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,274 posts

Posted 22 August 2008 - 09:15 AM

Hi Scott,

I'm just down as SULIO. Make sure in your settings re connection you have it set to INTERNET and not LAN. Also make sure your Firewall allows the game to connect to the net. I'm not very computer savy but managed to sort it out with a bit of help.

We'll call the game AUSZCAR and you might need to set rFactor to Hist GT series as Mick74 told me his did'nt like the ALL CARS ALL TRACKS SETTING when he tried to run a Historix game before.

If you can't find the game I'll post the IP adress we will host from later tonight on this thread then all you need to do is hit click on the small blue button near the sever list refrsh button and add the IP adress to find the game.

Should be set to go by 9:30pm.

Cheers,
Sulio

#31 mick74

mick74

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 22 August 2008 - 10:07 AM

Scott

For help or guidance check this link out, it will show how to setup a static IP address and also setup your router for the different port setting for rFactor.

http://portforward.com/guides.htm

I hope this helps  ;D

Mick

#32 sco_aus

sco_aus

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,484 posts

Posted 22 August 2008 - 11:53 AM

Unfortunately I cant start racing you guys just yet, I have to work the next 4 nights, but I would like to have it setup for next wednesdays race.
It connects to other games on the net, but when i input the IP in the search, it tells me it doesnt exist.  This is the 2 different IP configs i put in:  144.140.154.121:8767, 144.140.154.121, neither worked.

Also, with the Historix GT download, which folder do i send it to?  Just the RFactor folder or plugins etc?

#33 Glen

Glen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 494 posts

Posted 22 August 2008 - 04:10 PM

Scott, The historX will install itself to your rfactor directory.

Guys if your going to run a few mods from the one rfactory directory make sure you keep the HistorX one as a standalone install Example: C/HistoricGT rFactor normally installs into C/Programs/rFactor

If you start putting a few mods over the HistoricGT rFactor then you will start to get mis-matches noline

Also to see the servers better goto your Userfolder Example: C:\HistoricGT\UserData\Glen73 in there you will find a File called "multiplayer". Open this with Notepad, then you will see this line about half way down the first Paragraph:

Concurrent Server Updates="400" // servers in join list, should be less for modem users, more for broadband (game now automatically finds more if (3 * download_kbps) exceeds this number)

Change the 400 to 1000, then this will display all the current servers in operation. Saves the whole refreshing 10,000 times to try and find one server.

#34 sco_aus

sco_aus

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,484 posts

Posted 22 August 2008 - 05:38 PM

The link you sent me was just .rar files, when extracting them, I had to choose a location to extract them to, I chose c:programfiles/rfactor/plugins and extracted them there, there was only 1x .exe file and that was the uninstall.  So you are saying i need to move these files to their own folder somewhere (ie, C:/HistoricGT ), or start again? 

Like i said I dont know much about computers :D, this is getting more and more difficult to run, but ill persivere for now :P

#35 Glen

Glen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 494 posts

Posted 22 August 2008 - 05:53 PM

Hmmmm shouldnt be putting them in plugin folder.

Download the manual

http://files.filefro...;/fileinfo.html

Read this it will give you instructions on how to install the mod.

BTW extract to desk top and then drag and drop to your rfactor directory, You should be asked to overwrite at some stage, if you arent getting asked to overwirtie your not doing it correctly.

#36 Toecutter

Toecutter

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,274 posts

Posted 22 August 2008 - 09:26 PM

AUSZCAR game running tonight on IP 122.106.64.165

#37 Toecutter

Toecutter

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,274 posts

Posted 23 August 2008 - 01:35 AM

That was good fun.

Time to start practising Lakeside track. Looking at the pre race chat forum on XGN the guys are getting 1.06 seconds in current practice laps. man that pretty quick. Best I could get to dat is 1:12. Car set up will obvioulsy help.

Maybe we shoudl pick a nite during the week for a practice night with a few of us on the track. Glen, I might have missed it but just for reference what is the IP address for the Lakeside Track?

Cheers,
Sulio

#38 Glen

Glen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 494 posts

Posted 23 August 2008 - 07:55 AM

Did you mean the link to the tracks http://www.xgn.com.a...wthread.php?t=2 or the actual server IP? I wil put up the server IP sometime today :)

#39 sco_aus

sco_aus

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,484 posts

Posted 23 August 2008 - 04:13 PM

Ok, so I got it working.  For anyone ho comes along that wants to get into this and doesn't know much about it.
When you download the Historix Gt mod from; http://thepiratebay....uring_Cars_1.01
when it finishes, you just have to extract the files straight to the c:/program/rfactor folder and then just start up rFactor and it will automatically work with Historix GT.

Thanks for the help Glen and Sulio

#40 sco_aus

sco_aus

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,484 posts

Posted 23 August 2008 - 06:03 PM

ok, so now when i input the IP address to search, it comes up with nothing and doesn't bring up any other servers too, any ideas?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users