New Pillar Badges off Ebay

stevo_gj

Hey guys,

Just received my new pillar badges off the American ebay seller 'reddat'. They have arrived in good condition and look great, can't wait to fit them to my Z.

Purchased via paypal on the 24th, arrived on the 4th so 11 days to get here, not too bad.

Only complaint is that he charged 18 for postage when it says on the sticker it cost 5.40, but meh, I've got what I wanted.

Steve

post-931-144023493675_thumb.jpg

post-931-144023493723_thumb.jpg

Glad to be of assistance  ;D

Anyone got any advice of how to get the crappy old ones off without damaging paint work / breaking them apart?

BTW mine cost 70 US + shipping, so about 40 US each. Best price I could find in Aus was about 60 each from memory.

yeah ive gotten a few things from him before, then i noticed one day that he charged me $28 us for postage for something that only cost $8 to send.  I just trusted him that the postage was right because it was a really long package and figured it must have been more because of that. He's got a few neutral feebacks beacuse of it and a couple of neg's. Its a bit sad cause he sells so much stuff but you know its gonna be cheaper to find the supplier and get it sent yourself.

Glad to be of assistance  ;D

Anyone got any advice of how to get the crappy old ones off without damaging paint work / breaking them apart?

use fishing line to remove the double sided tape by sliding between the badge and the tape.try stay clear from the paint work.if they do have pins  work around them. use thin strong plastic to lift off or try to mask it with masking tape under the badge and than lift it of with a thin metal. i find the valve clearance gauge work good just dont use anything bellow 0.5mm or it will bend the gauge.

i got the old style 240z pillar badges from ebay US and few other goodies for the 240z.

it was close to 50% off (with postage) compared to nissan. but this was prob about 1year ago. seller not around anymore.

Cheers for that rbz260, I'm pretty sure mine have the pins but that fishing line idea is great!

Did you just mount yours with tape again or is there some adhesive that I should use specifically?

no probs

havent mounted mine yet. plus mine came with the adhesive tape on the badges. so just peel the backing and align the holes. though mine is not the vented but the early 70's one with 240Z logo.

if u want to use double sided tape use 3M stuff can be bought from most crash repairs or crash repair shop. not cheap for a 10m roll so prob just go to a crash repairer to sell you some for what you need.

as for badge i think i paid mine $20 each for the early type. but i bought over $370 worth of stuff and postage was $30. i got all the badges rear hatch vents interior bits and some hard to find rubbers and pair of brand new pull handles.

hi Aegean,

the 2+2 badges are different to the 2 seater ones... the 2+2 ones are bigger i bought a pair of 2 seater ones thinking they were the same... im gonna cut the pins off, fill with resin then double side tape it..

Ben