• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 260Coupe

260Coupe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 596 posts

Posted 24 September 2008 - 08:19 AM

well he obviously learnt the hard way.........I reckon at least $15- $20K damage to his Zed.....all for being over exuberant.

What most guys don't understand is that kitty litter does not pull up a a modern car with ABS, (as well as it should if you run head on into it)  the gravel does not build up in front as the wheels are still turning .........I have experienced this first hand and very scary when you are standing on the picks and the car is still skipping over "beach" heading towards a tyre wall.

This may well have contributed to the amount of damage done to the 350 

#22 Zeddophile

Zeddophile

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 987 posts

Posted 24 September 2008 - 08:11 PM

What most guys don't understand is that kitty litter does not pull up a a modern car with ABS, (as well as it should if you run head on into it)  the gravel does not build up in front as the wheels are still turning .........I have experienced this first hand and very scary when you are standing on the picks and the car is still skipping over "beach" heading towards a tyre wall.

A lot of 4wd guys who actually use their 4wds in serious offroad work pull the ABS fuse for that exact reason - so that they can actually lock the wheels on the dirt and build up the all important 'gravel wedge' in front of the wheel.

#23 zedls1

zedls1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 24 September 2008 - 08:33 PM

Thought I'd post some pics.

John

Attached Thumbnails

• 4181_.jpg
  • 4183_.jpg
  • 4179_.jpg

#24 Scando

Scando

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 932 posts

Posted 25 September 2008 - 02:10 PM

Your car looks great.  I've always been a sucker for red Z's.  Looks to sit nice on the track too, not much body roll.  Awesome!

#25 620Z

620Z

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,710 posts

Posted 25 September 2008 - 02:18 PM

Yes John your car does look great. It certainly caught my eye when I saw it down there. Hope to see you around the track a bit more. Cheers.

#26 zedls1

zedls1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 25 September 2008 - 02:46 PM

Thanks for the comments guy's. Not sure on best lap time as results aren't posted yet, but not expecting anything great. Hope to improve with each outing. I hope to be back at P.I in November for another crack, hopefully with a few more killer wasps at the wheels.

John

#27 260Coupe

260Coupe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 596 posts

Posted 25 September 2008 - 04:02 PM

John

spend the $$ on handling, brakes and tyres......and practice, they will improve you lap times far quicker than more giggawatts under the hood..............lots of mumbo under the right foot is not much good if your car won't go around corners.

IMHO anyway ;D

#28 zedls1

zedls1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 25 September 2008 - 05:04 PM

I agree totally, suspension and brakes are of massive importance. Since i've had the Z back from having JE forged pistons, new rings, rods, bearings put in, the car has been running very rich. I had it on the dyno and best run was 125rwkw. With some fine tuning through the kalmaker management system should be able to get her running better, hoping for around 150rwkw.

John

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users